FanFiction.Net
for Saving the World

8/1/2017 c1 1Munkeyfump20
Now that is very sad but thanks for the read
3/14/2012 c1 bookish327
Very well-written and thought-out, I have to say. I can't let my Jisbon-obsessed mind dwell in such an unhappy scenario, but I definitely applaud how well-written this fic is.
10/9/2011 c1 catherine
oh wow. I keep coming back and reading this fic, so I thought I should leave a comment. While I ship Jane/Lisbon I have always felt that Lisbon would lose something in the relationship. I love how you have written this, the conversation with Van Pelt and the comparison set up between the two women. How Van Pelt starts to realise just what Lisbon is doing. This is a beautiful and moving story, you are an amazing author. I would say this truly captures the characters of the Mentalist better than any other I have read.
11/1/2010 c1 30fAteD lOvE
Not happy, but your reasoning makes sense :) Loving your fics by the way!
6/17/2010 c1 168Miss Peg
I've read a few The Mentalist fics (by tromana) before I'd even seen the show and then I saw the show. So here I am reading my first official fic and I was certainly not disappointed.

I love the basic element of this - that things are never as simple as some people try to make them. That life has so many things that whilst can be good, are also bad and that you have to sacrifice the good in order to destroy the bad.

I think Lisbon doubting who she has become since Jane is very interesting and it shows how she's changed for that one person. Which really highlights for me, the way any person changes for someone they care about. Sometimes the change is good, other times it goes against everything you thought was right.

Then on the other side of that you have Van Pelt, with her wish that the world was more like the fairytales. I think that line itself emphasises the difference between Van Pelt and Lisbon, really shows who they are as people and how they feel about love. One who still wishes it was this perfect thing, whilst the other would rather give up on it altogether to save herself.

And I feel it's that saving of herself that makes this so sad to read because it really does feel like she's almost giving up on a part of life. Yet even at the end she has doubt that it's what she really wants.

(And many apologies, you've just been subjected to an essay...it happens a lot when I review.)
4/8/2010 c1 kate
oh my god. you captured Lisbon in this so well. Nearly broke my heart. Amazing writing, this is one of my favorite mentalist fics. Thank you!
12/9/2009 c1 7evs14u
pleasee could u make it more than a one shot
11/24/2009 c1 151hardly loquacious
Alright, so I'm catching up on Mentalist fanfic, and can I say a million times YES to this. Partly because Jane has been driving me crazy this season, but also, because he really doesn't give an inch ever, and it makes their relationship just so very unequal.

Very nice.
11/8/2009 c1 2Wingfield.Legend
Really like that. Definately think that you should add a second chapter though, I'd really like to know what Jane's take on their break up is. Can he survive losing the woman that he loved twice?

~WL
11/7/2009 c1 32Divinia Serit
I LOVED it! (So, I've been out of town for two days and I squealed when I saw this) What a wonderfully distraught story and I loved how you used the Wicked lyric. It really fit, and I loved the moment with Van Pelt. It's a very plausible outcome, and my heart just broke for Lisbon. Poor thing! AMAZING job and glad I could inspire you :) hehehehehe- I listened to Wicked the entire weekend in the car :P
11/7/2009 c1 9mia66
Totally believable, Lisbon gives to much freedom to Jane and it's clear she doesn't like to do that but somehow she does, so this it totally acceptable and realistict.

Very good story.
11/7/2009 c1 3Madaboutthementalist
Sad, but quite believable. I like that Van Pelt started to understand; she's young and a bit naive in some ways, but she'd get the need to respect yourself in the morning, not compromise your fundamental values for a relationship. The conclusion was poignant...save the world a bit at a time, just not for her. *Sniffles a bit*
11/7/2009 c1 16EmmaBerlin
I love it! Although it would be sad to actually see this played out in the storyline of the show... very well written though! And I like the idea of Van Pelt being the one trying to get through to Lisbon!
11/7/2009 c1 Lisa15
Really beautiful and so plausible. I really really enjoyed it, I always enjoy angsty love more than fluff. And your characterisation is perfect - I could really see Lisbon feeling that way, and needing to choose between her principles and Jane.

I would love a second chapter. I want Jane to understand and give a bit more (I feel the same watching it sometimes as well - just wishing he would be reasonable!)
11/7/2009 c1 6chocolatefan
sad but a really good story! I caught the line from defying gravity ;) “If that's love, it comes at much too high a cost.”!
22 Page 1 2 Next »