for Fire to Ashes

10/23/2012 c1 32bkwrmnlvnit
I absolutely love the last line of this, and the commentary on words. You do an amazing job here with keeping Dustfinger and Farid in character, and I could really see this happening. I have to say, you did a wonderful job, as much as I hated it, describing Dustfinger's death. Thank you for posting- I really liked the story.

Bookworm
8/6/2012 c1 24Carol Molliniere
Dusty's my favorite character again!
7/13/2012 c1 9Captain Mockingjay
Aw, poor Dustfinger. That's gotta be so rough on him, being able to read his own death scene, fearing everyday that it might come true. That was a very well written fic. Great job! :)
12/12/2011 c1 9Goldencity
Love it! Beautifully written, and Farid and Dustfinger were very in character in my opinion. You should write more stories about them. There aren't nearly enough (*sigh*)and you portrayed them both very well. Good job! :)
7/31/2011 c1 12radha24-Dusty's apprentice
First of all, Dustfinger and Farid were both characterized brilliantly. The way Farid always wants to help Dustfinger, as well as his momentary anger were very in-character.

And you showed Dustfinger's thoughts and feelings so well! The waY he hid his true thoughts from Farid by saying different things was just like him. His feelings after reading his own death scene was in-character, too. His longing, sadness, thoughts about being stupid and cowardly- all were portrayed amazingly.

And your use of figurative language and descriptive language made this story even better! I really liked some of the simlies and metaphors.

All in all, a dynamite story! Keep writing!

~radha24 :D
6/15/2011 c1 Jaden Ruth
Great read! I found it interesting because you used first person unlike Funke who is always in third. Your characterization matches up with the real Dustfinger perfectly. Great Job!
5/5/2011 c1 9Shinigami117
It's very sad but but still really good. You're amazing at keeping everybody in character!
10/9/2010 c1 4illfindmyselfintime
good story!
5/2/2010 c1 16storm-of-insanity
This is utterly fantastic! I love how it still carries the same tone as the Inkheart books and how you've captured Dustfinger's and Farid's characters.
3/16/2010 c1 wolfdog127
aw dusty! i liked it.
1/4/2010 c1 34Kaelir of Lorien
First off - a beautifully emotion-charged story. Now that I've got the general stuff down, here are some specific comments. :D

The characterization is, in my opinion, extremely well-done. Just the way Dustfinger and Farid converse reminds me of their speech patterns in the trilogy. The same goes for Dustfinger's thoughts - it is quite easy, thanks to your description, to imagine the desperation and a bit of self-loathing that he feels each time he picks up Inkheart. You mentioned in your profile that you try to imitate the writing styles of the original books, and I think you pulled it off quite well with this story!

The interplay of conversation and Dustfinger's own thought process is a great touch - it's just like him to think one thing and respond aloud with something completely different, just because he doesn't want Farid to know.

All in all, wonderful work! I look forward to more Dustfinger fanfiction from you!
11/22/2009 c1 Welcome2DaHouseOfFun
Aw I loved it- then again I love dusty- but yeah I liked it! ;)