for Return from Inkworld

1/4/2012 c28 9Goldencity
There. Finished the story now. It was completely amazing.

I loved how this chapter told about Roxane and Mo, how they felt while their families were gone and all that...and YES! There was finally some Farid, though only a little bit. Completely loved the part with him in it.

Thank you so much for writing this story. It's been very fun to read!
1/3/2012 c27 Goldencity
Ah, so Meggie is pregnant. For a while I've been thinking she might be. I love that Pippo came back into the story these last two chapters.

I think these lines were my favorite in this chapter:

A flame burned deep in the Fire-Dancer's eyes. "Read to me, princess," he said quietly.

Meggie took the paper from him, smiling. "I can do that for you, Dustfinger."

Yay, he called her 'princess' like he did in the books. :) I'd been hoping he would.
1/3/2012 c26 Goldencity
YES! Finally!

There was a smile on Dustfinger's face as he slept, and Meggie knew for the first time in a long while that everything was going to be all right.

It was such a relief to at last read those words. I'm so glad that Dustfinger's back to normal.
1/3/2012 c24 Goldencity
Wow. Amazing chapter. This story is just getting better and better, and it was already wonderful to begin with. I almost started crying when Dustfinger said the fire would burn him now. The conversation between him and Meggie was wonderful, and then Resa writing in his blood...just wow. I'm off to read the next chapter now...
1/3/2012 c23 Goldencity
Another wonderful, intriguing chapter. Oh, I hate Orpheus so much right now. This story has made me hate him even more than I already hated him from the real books. Poor Dustfinger! But anyway, I have to go read more now.
12/31/2011 c19 Goldencity
Chapters 18 and 19 were just as good as the past 17. As always, the Dustfinger and Resa interaction was great. There were no lines that I really liked above the others though. I'm looking forward to reading more! :)
12/30/2011 c17 Goldencity
This chapter was just as great as the last one. I don't have anything unique to say, except for the same old 'Great story, I'm enjoying it.' Oh, I did really like this line though:

Dustfinger grinned. "Because my shirt was still wet from all the crying you'd been doing on it. I said I'd be back. Does no one ever believe me when I say that?"

Poor Resa. I can imagine how terrible it would be to have Dustfinger's unbreathing body beside you, even if he did say he'd be back.
12/30/2011 c16 Goldencity
Yay, Dustfinger and Resa fluff! :D Love it. Awesome chapter, my favorite so far.

This will be a long review, since I didn't review the last two chapter. They were both great. Miranda talking to the fire in chapter 14 was really interesting, and Orpheus was really in character in chapter 15. I loved his comment:

"Very well done," he said, "you really do read quite well, although it was hardly as spectacular as that Arab brat made it sound when he was always going on about you."

And I forgot to mention in my review for chapter 13, I really loved Elinor's "How many books have you been leaving dog-eared and upside-down recently? You…you book mangler!" Just what she would say. :)

And then THIS chapter...where do I even start? I loved all the Dustfinger and Resa interaction.

Resa straightened immediately. "Are you telling me you were offering me peppermint when you have chocolate in there, even after you've known me eighteen years?"

Haha, I agree. Chocolate's ten times better than peppermint.

I loved: Of course her concern would be for her father, but he would have hoped that she would try to help him, too. It shouldn't hurt this much to think of Meggie forgetting him while desperately trying to save Silvertongue from pain. Over the years, apparently Resa's daughter had found her way too deep into his heart, as it seemed so many others had.

Awww. I hate Dustfinger/Meggie as a pairing, but I really liked that.

And then Resa's song about the fire was great, along with Dustfinger telling the story about the fire-eater. Loved it.

~Goldenrose
12/30/2011 c13 Goldencity
Another great chapter. I loved the mentions of Farid in this. I'm glad it sounds like he and Meggie are still great friends; a lot of stories I've read that take place when they're all older seem to forget about him. Great job on this. :)
12/30/2011 c12 Goldencity
Oooh, wonderful chapter! I loved seeing Fenoglio's grandchildren again, especially Pippo. And then Orpheus at the end...I have to go read more! :D
12/29/2011 c11 Goldencity
First of all, thank you so much for reviewing Poking and Boredom! I really appreciate it, and the bit about too much italics was useful. I'll keep an eye out for that in future stories.

I read some of this a couple weeks ago and then got sidetracked with other stuff, but now I've picked right up where I left off.

Loved this chapter, though there was no Dustfinger and Resa. Elinor especially seemed really in character. It was interesting seeing Alvino's reaction to our world. It's easy to imagine how you'd feel going somewhere like the Inkworld, but it's kind of interesting to think about getting excited about seeing things like cars and electricity.

I'm looking forward to reading more!
12/12/2011 c10 Goldencity
Really loving this story so far! I like the way you write Dustfinger and Resa a lot. And her dream at the beginning...love it. :)

"We must find Mo quickly. The fire elves have taken him."

And "It wasn't fire elves; it was the White Women. And it was Dustfinger, not Mo, whom they took. But he did come back."

"They've taken Mo this time," Meggie answered sadly.

Love that. :)
7/16/2011 c28 6Abject Tears
What a wonderful conclusion to your story! I liked the look into the part of those left behind, and by the end I was mentally pleading with "you" to let them come home soon! The reunions were sweet and totally in-character- Roxane is certainly very tired of Dustfinger's disappearances by now!

This whole tale was a great experience, a beautiful exploration of all the loose ends that Ms. Funke left. (I loved Inkdeath's ending in that it left so much room for readers to imagine!) Good work, and I hope you'll be writing more Inkheart fics in the future!
6/26/2011 c28 12radha24-Dusty's apprentice
Greetings from Ireland !

I know what I said about not being able to review, but i have Internet acess over my Zune, here in Dublin.

What a wonderful conclusion to an amazing story! I really loved how you told us what had happened in the Inkworld. I felt like it gave the styor more backbone. You characterized mo and roxane just as well as everyone else. In fact, I feel like for the first time, Mo started to undersstand a little bit of how Dusty and Resaa felt all those years.

The way you wrote Roxanne's reaction to different events was so totally in character as well, especially when Dusty's life-flame goes out, and then when she wakes up afterwards.

And the way you portrayed farid as older and more mature while still having his original personality was perfect as well.

I'm starting to wonder if you aren't Cornelia in disguise! =D

My favorite part was (I can't copy+paste on this) Dustfinger and Roxane's reunion. It was beutifully written and mildly amusing!

I'm so, So very sad that this story is over!=( I know what you said about your writing, but I still can't help feeling sorrowful. (buries face in arms and cries)

I'll miss this story, I really will , and I sincerely want to thank you for making this masterpiece that I truly enjoyed reading. Thank you so very much. I really loved it, and I'm glad that, unlike a libraary bbook, i'lp be able to reread it as much as I want, because this story is most definatwly one worth the effort!

-radha24 :D

p.s. Sorry about the bad spelling, touchscreen on a 2 by 3 in. screen is't my thing, aand the auto spell-check doesn't exaactly work.
6/23/2011 c27 6Abject Tears
...Do you know how many heart attacks you gave me over the course of these six chapters? Hope, and then inevitably a bad guy will show up and you end the chapter! If you end each chapter on such an irresistable cliffhanger, how can you expect chapter-by-chapter reviews?

I am joking, of course. Thank you so much for this story, for the journey, the glimpse into the lives of all the Inkheart characters, the characters of Alvino and Miranda, the exploration of the complex relationships of Dustfinger and Resa, Dustfinger and Meggie... I cannot ever finish explaining what I loved about this. It was in-character, captivating, heart-stopping, and in this last chapter I could feel their tangible longing to go home...

You have a wonderful piece of magic here, truly! Thank you for sharing it with us. I look forward to your next update!
61 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »