for Chains of Friendship

9/22/2014 c1 Anon E. Mous
Da-am. Bloody Da-am. Holy Ra. I think you could possibly make the whole fanbase just self-destruct with this oneshot.

I mean... Holy Freaking Flaming Chicken of Ra. With Buffalo Wings.

I think my brain short-circuited.

Incredibly well-written though. I like it.
12/30/2013 c1 UnorthodoxDreamer
Where did Jou run to? Did Yugi end up dead? Did Jou commit suicide? Was he shunned by Yugi forevermore? I wanna know! These are all reasonable questions, I think. Even if 3/4 involve misery for multiple people.
2/4/2013 c1 8Storage-Jar
You- you- erghh! This is not a fitting end; allow me to explain. How could you do this? How could you end it this way? *sniffles* That was completely heart-wrenching (but written very well). And Jounouchi, a character I was always fond of, does not deserve something like this. He shouldn't have to deal with being the one who caused the Biggest Screw-Up Ever.

Personally, I think this makes a lot more sense than the original ending, because Yugi and Yami /are/ two halves of a soul. Something separated, but never meant to be. They're not just friends, or could-be boyfriends, or whatever else people come up with. And you summed it up - this concept - gracefully:

"We always want to be as close together as humanly possible. Since our souls are technically one, they are always trying to repair themselves. And we can never be close enough to sate that desire."

So. In a roundabout way, all I'm saying is that your ending is better (logic-wise), but- just, if only it ended on a lighter note *sigh*
8/23/2012 c1 stardustdragonite
This defines Angst. I love it in a disturbing way.
4/3/2012 c1 1Uryuu-Nipaa
This is so amazing! I really love your writing style and how you write Yugi and Yami's relationship. Really, masterfully written. Though I have to say I think I prefer the original ending, because there it ens=ded on a sort of happy note, while this is just depressing. Still very beautiful and more believable in a way.
3/9/2012 c1 bostafu
OMG.. omg. that's the worst. I dunno how you could've even thought of this gaahh this is really horrible. A really horrible scenario. I just take comfort of the fact that this didn't actually happen. *sigh* poor Jou, poor atem and yugi! Gah it's like the worst thing that can happen! And it breaks my heart. It's so sad and there's no one to blame. Man you are GOOD at this, making horrible, sad, heart-wrenching scenarios.
10/30/2011 c1 6Nostalgic Beauty
Wow, so chilling! But it makes so much more sense than the ending of the cannon! Throughout the series, the point that Yugi and Yami were two halves of a whole was stressed over and over. Heck, Yugi calls Yami his "other self." So how in the heck can it be ok that they just separate, and go on with their lives, or in Atem's case, death? In the cannon, it's almost as if Yami is a dear friend moving away, than the other half of Yugi's soul moving on the afterlife.

Anyway, I love the way you portray Yami and Yugi, and their relationship. Keep writing! I hope you update your story!
7/3/2011 c1 sblack13
AH! I loved this. Even though it was realllllly really depressing. I almost cried. But I like the complicated relationship and overall general AU-ness in it. FANTASTIC!
6/27/2011 c1 4ArtThouStupid
Woah... good story :)
1/18/2011 c1 ALMATERIA
Wow, this is amazing! I loved the way this was written, Yugi and Yami's decision, the way everyone ('specially Jou) reacted... :D

To me, this seems to be a much more realistic ending than the canon, 'Goodbye, Atem!' and forgetting him the next day, like the whole series never happened.

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this story! Keep up the great writing; you're a very talented author!

(°A°)/ Over 'n out!
9/17/2010 c1 nyxtongoingback
Oh gods...*eyes widen drastically* very emotional. Very in-depth.

I love it. I love it!

Amazing job~!

By the way, I adore your bio in your profile~ I always suck at those things so I felt the need to say good job. xD
5/22/2010 c1 5Qrowbars
That was a very, different way to put it.

I will lock the counsellers office for you. Don't go there. They are scary
12/25/2009 c1 dragonlady222
Nice story. Poor Yugi and Atem. I feel bad for Jounouchi, he was just trying to save his friend.
12/21/2009 c1 28KMountain
Wow. This was intense. Poor Jounouchi. He didn't know :(

I liked the whole they are one soul so they need to part together thing. The begining half of this actually reminded me of Aristophanes' speech in Plato's Symposium which I really liked.

So good job on this :)

And by the way, yes, Ryou was at the ceremonial duel :)