FanFiction.Net
for Same Old Lang Syne

7/5/2011 c1 4For the Dreamers
This is a sweet story, i know its an old one but i like it and how it goes with the song
6/26/2010 c1 cliffhanger fiend
Screw VisualIDentificationZeta...this is a GOOD story. That guy needs to get over himself; just because love didn't work out for him doesn't mean that it's not ok for other people to find happiness. Or simply write about it. Geez. And he doesn't need to vent like this EVERY time he leaves a review. Get over yourself, dude.

Now that I've ranted myself...

In some ways, this story is better because it doesn't end predictably. And I almost always assumed that if Jack didn't end up with Sam, he wouldn't move on to someone else. When your heart settles on someone it's hard to imagine starting over again with another person when you've found who you want.

The song you reference is SO darn sad...but again, it's realistic. Life does end up like this sometimes.

I really enjoyed this story and I hope that you haven't stopped writing because certain twits cannot manage to keep their personal lives out of everything. You write well and I think Jack and Sam were in character. You have to figure that people do change just a little after ten years, and I think their changes in personality are believable.

cliffhanger fiend
1/6/2010 c1 2PurpleDinosaur
thats so sad.

:[.

i think you should make them end up together but hey.

its your story.
12/30/2009 c1 70BettyHall223
How terribly sad for both Jack and Sam. Good story.
12/28/2009 c1 VisualIDentificationZeta
oh, forgot to add: since David seems to have been Carter's doctor (or grace's) he could've had his license taken by the medical board. Doctors are prohibited by rules to get involved with their patients or their patient's close family.
12/28/2009 c1 user2908637560
very heart breaking for Jack, I'm a little disappointed in you that you didn't have him find happiness with another woman (why is it that most AU-future fics have Carter happy, married and with a family while Jack's alone and lonely, miserable, wallowing in old times? I haven't read a fic with the opposite premise yet). I can definitely understand his reasons for not answering though and, in the end it wasn't his fault he never found out about the kid. It was Carter's. She could've simply told him in a message that she was pregnant and he was the father or one of his friends would've told him (SHOULD'VE told him - that's what friends are supposed to be for, to stop us from making mistakes), but as always she was playing her games, admitting nothing, telling nothing, giving him nothing concrete. She cheated him out of being a father again. Very typical though that she married someone she didn't love and very typical that Jack ended alone. Sad though, he definitely deserved someone to make him happy and Carter could never do that for him. Only make him miserable like she did in this story and in canon.

Again, very well written story, but not one I can see the sequel other demand written. Why ruin a happy family? Instead I think in the sequel you should find Jack another woman, but this one who would make him happy and have them live happily ever after.
12/27/2009 c1 143ALIMOO1971
Great short story, i hope that there is a sequal to this, keep up the good work
12/27/2009 c1 6elleelle
oh gosh, you can't leave it at this sad ending !
12/27/2009 c1 17GateSeeker2
oh dear...how sad...Jack really cheated himself out of a dream come true...can't believe he didn't chase after her back then...can understand his hurt...but also can't believe that Sam wouldn't have found some way to have told Jack he was a father again...a bit OofC...but you wrote it well...just enough details...paired the song well...nice dialogue...good job...more?
12/27/2009 c1 dp