FanFiction.Net
for Caught Up in the New Year

2/3/2010 c3 4CajunBear73
Reflections, remembrances and realizations of days gone by and similar ones to come.

The cycle continues.

CB73
2/3/2010 c3 15screaming phoenix
It was something of a bummer; reading about James and Annie's death like that. But, if you go back to the other two chapters, it offers a gentle and touching counter-point to the original story.

Nice job Thomas!
2/3/2010 c3 2Shrike176
Since you made it pretty clear how those two died already I was basically prepared for it. I agree that Kim and Ron would have visited their parents after something like this, with all the memories being brought up.

Good wrap up, keep up the good work!
2/3/2010 c3 179King in Yellow
Preparing for class so not much time to review, but I wanted to say the pebbles on the top of the marker at the end was a nice touch

KiY
2/3/2010 c3 1osprey2000
Really enjoyed this one when it first came out- "The curse" in full effect! And then you discover you have become your parents! Loved the first 2 chaps- Ron with the lotus blade, Kim punching the bag... wonderful stuff.

The last chapter, while unexpected, is appreciated. It really hit home. Death often comes unexpectedly, and leaves us wishing for so much more. Glad to see Jim and Tim taking care of their sister so well- love the part about black hole mechanics- that so sounds like them...

Don't worry about the bumming out... Death is part of life, and thus, it eventually becomes a part of the stories we tell. All stories can't be entirely happy ones (although I wish so). You relayed this one well. Thanks for filling in the gaps...
2/3/2010 c3 29Boris Yeltsin
Aw. Nice way to end it, and I'm not bummed.
2/3/2010 c3 Katsumara
Great, great job, Thomas. Q_Q Part of me wants to be so Rawring angry that you killed off two of the best characters in the world, but I guess I can sort of.. kind of understand why. D: You know, reading this.. I almost forgot who Jean was, but I guess I'm sort of stupid because I forgot this all stemmed from "Possible Pregnancies" where both Kim and Anne were pregnant. It's realy sad that Anne and James won't be around for Jean anymore. :(

Keep up the fine work though, TL. Thanks for finishing this up like you did.
2/3/2010 c3 2Astra-The-Goddess
*sniff sniff* Aw... That was a nice chapter. I like it. Made me feel a bit better today (I'm home sick today. :/ ) Awesome job.
1/2/2010 c2 JCS1966
Evan just got a convincing reminder of what happens if he doesn't treat Sarah right...Ow.

It's a real shame to read what happened to Anne years after that New Years Day. Very sad.

Looks like you have more to say. Can't wait see what's next!
1/1/2010 c2 2Shrike176
Nice addition, I found Kim's reactions very believable. I agree Kim and Ron handled this well.

Though I do have to ask, if Anne and James relationship made it to that level by the time she was in medical school (presumably in her mid to late twenties), you'd think she would at least have a room she could use, if not her own apartment. Other than that, great job.

Keep it up!
1/1/2010 c2 2Astra-The-Goddess
E... Evan you better be VERY careful! I don't want Kim Possible beating me up! *shudders* That'd be very very bad.
1/1/2010 c2 15screaming phoenix
There's nothing as instructional as watching your girlfriends tweaked mother beating up a punching bag to put you in the proper mood for a serious talk.

Young people never stop to think that their parents did the same things themselves back in the stone age.

Nice job Thomas!
1/1/2010 c2 29Boris Yeltsin
Huh, nice update, didn't think this was gonna have a second chapter.

What's that about Ron's ears?

Figured Kim would be a diplomat.
1/1/2010 c2 4CajunBear73
So Evan got another display, be it from a blind-spot, of Kim's martial arts prowess to drive home that he could be on the receiving end should he displease her about Sarah...

Shock over, the responsibility of it all comes home to the young man.

Yeah, it's too bad about Kim's parents being gone like that, too.

CB73
1/1/2010 c2 Katsumara
While I think this chapter and the story as a whole is sweet, and I loved how Kim handled Evan.. I still can't get over the fact that Kim lost her parents to an awful drunk driving sitch. =[ I'm guessing you plan on writing about that in detail sometime down the line? That'll probably be one of your saddest stories yet.

Either way, you did a fine job TL. Happy New Years. =)
27 Page 1 2 Next »