FanFiction.Net
for Mine Is A Four Letter Word

5/4 c1 GuestSG
Good twist, characters were refreashing, and change in location. The time line wasn't always clear, sometimes it wasnt clear who was speaking, telepathy, or thoughts. E/V hinted at having a close child-masters, but no respect or loyalty(as Pam, missed her sarcasm ;) ). Henrik seemed more like a scientist using Sookie for research that developed into a unhealth power dynamic relationship of teacher/student who read her mind, kind manipulative and very Freudian- only Dr like except for his internal self deprecated monolog(as some mentioned a better version of Bill). I feel E/S never had time to develop completely, there always seemed to be a inner dialog of 'mind reading' assuming, which caused them to lack a full connection. We get that people change as we learn new things about our self and others (growth). Thyra n Henrick were strategic in causing angst. The dreams were fantastic yet never explained. S/E basically switched values several times regarding fidelity and that doesn't make a good match, values are the core of a person if cores are changed the person feelings, thoughts and behaviors are not the same...what Sookie liked/loved about eric would not be the same, same goes for E about Sookie, this would eventually causes resentment and settling as indicated in the Epiloge. Sophie is still a petulant child *thumbs-up*, while nefliahm auction slave trade... interesting , it felt out of place. I get Sophie's order to S/H, but E/T was a moment of "the fish that got away" while both parties knew it was a choice. This E/S will be forever living as twin souls that are not fully committed, as they built it on the angst of 3rd parties. Good story to reflect on how choices make us.
12/18/2021 c1 Guest
Well written. I’m just not into promiscuous Sookie.
8/14/2021 c41 howaboutboth
What a wonderful story! Complex, exciting, heartbreaking and joyful in turn, and so satisfying. Thank you for sharing!
8/7/2021 c41 RagusasugaR
That was an amazing story. It was dark and gritty and probably needs a trigger warning in today's world, but it was superb. The back and forth in the love triangle was hard to stomach for awhile, but it was necessary to the plot, no matter how nauseating. And the end result was a realistic vampire life and arrangement with our favorite viking and telepath. Outstandingly done.

Also, funny enough, Henrik really played kind of a flashier version of Sam, but I think my favorite part of this fic is that Sam wasn't in it lol No shade or hate to Sam, but I think because of CH, sometimes I just get sick of him. Anyway, kudos on the outstanding story.
12/26/2020 c41 campyrsm
This story was awesome! Thank you for posting it.
12/4/2020 c3 drkraez
oh dear. Bill will have to die for this.
7/13/2020 c41 Eilowyn2
This story confuses and frustrates me, and I've been wrestling with it, because otherwise it's marvelously told. I can admire the craft of the writing without agreeing to its content.

I don't like infidelity, and just because it was mutual doesn't make it right. It's all kind of gross to me, bringing up bad memories of the show, which was gross to me too, because Alan Ball was absolutely sick to think the Bill/Sookie relationship was romantic and not toxic.

Sookie's indecision dampened any enthusiasm I had for her, and the conflicting romances weren't my idea of a good shipper story. I came here for Sookie and Eric, to fulfill my need to see them get a happily ever after that was denied them from both the show and the books. While I appreciate Sookie's agency in getting her education and sorting out her life, I don't think she was fair to either Henrik or Eric. Make up your fucking mind, and cut the other guy loose.

Again, my opinion of the content of this story is external to how well it was written, and I hope you can see my frustration is only because it is so well-written that I am disappointed with the direction the story went.
7/13/2020 c38 Eilowyn2
Yeah they can both go fuck themselves.
7/13/2020 c37 Eilowyn2
Yeah Sookie can go fuck herself.
7/13/2020 c21 Eilowyn2
I really want to like this. The good parts are so good it drives me crazy, but I'm getting a little sick of this wishy-washy Sookie who can't make up her mind. Is she going to cut Henrik loose, or is she going to continue to string him along? And Eric deserves a goddamn commitment, especially considering all the concessions he's made and the reality of vampire politics. I mean, what has Sookie sacrificed for him? Eric put his entire reputation in jeopardy, and his ability to protect everyone he loves through sheer intimidation because Sookie can't make up her fucking mind.

And I hate that I'm thinking this way. It feels so slut-shamey. I usually like fanfic Sookie much more than canon, but this Sookie seems determined to fuck everyone over because she wants to have it both ways. It makes me incredibly frustrated to the point of anger. I don't know if I can continue.
7/9/2020 c41 Blistful2006
Great story and I loved the journey and idea it’s more telepaths and their origins
5/28/2020 c41 9bashfyl
Thanks for sharing
2/28/2020 c11 elsie bailey
This chapter was brilliant. Thank you.
1/17/2020 c4 GlassMazeGazer
Well, it’s a good thing she acquired new or boosted powers while she was gone since she clearly didn’t grow in wisdom. Why wouldn’t she have rescinded Bill’s invitation after he raped her or, at the very least, as soon as she got home? It’s not like she could have expected he would have improved & treated her well after she disappeared following his abuse.

Stupid move #2 — Don’t climb into someone’s lap if you don’t want him to think you’re giving in to what he wants. If she wanted just protection without caving to his intentions she could easily have presented her case without being in his lap. No one sends mixed messages like a Sookie character. She needs to cut the helpless coquette act if she wants to be treated with respect and stop blurring the boundaries only to turn around & throw temper tantrums when her confusing behavior leads to misunderstandings & actions that don’t suit her mood of the moment. My fingers are crossed that she MIGHT GtFU fairly soon, but my hope for that is waning fast.

As for Eric’s response to her demands for independence having “some spirit of manipulation,” he’s no more guilty of manipulation than she is. Lying & manipulation are stock in trade for Sookie characters. It’s just that she is fine when she’s the one doing the manipulating. She only takes issue if she sees that anyone else is trying to manipulate her.
1/17/2020 c2 GlassMazeGazer
I’ll try to keep an open mind, but this nosy, four-eyed, human imitation of Eric looks like he’s going to get in the way of my Eric/Sookie enjoyment.
1,373 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »