for Groves' Separate Peace

12/18/2013 c1 81Umeko
I love this story of how Groves came to survive the battle and it is so like him to take offence at the perceived suggestion of possible cowardice on Norrington's part.
8/26/2013 c1 Anne Katrine
i really loved this story. but the song Teague plays in the Brethren Court is not Spanish ladies, but a song Keith Richards has made called: "I only found out yesterday" (and I SO wish that I had the sheet music for it...)
7/2/2011 c1 1qwertyuiop678
nice. i liked this... can you make more? please? or continue the ones that aren't finished yet? pretty please? *puppy eyes*
5/31/2011 c1 14Agent047
I really liked this. :) I've always kind of wondered what happened to Groves after he jumped off the Endeavour. I like how you worked in his admiration for both Norrington and Jack.
2/20/2010 c1 8Slade's Icy Apprentice
I love a good Groves fic, and this was better than 'good'. I like that although Groves respects Jack, he would never consider turning to piracy himself. I also like that you brought up the issue of Norrington's death. Especially Groves finding out about it, since it was never dealt with in the film.
1/18/2010 c1 51Caleigho
Bittersweet and a very well-written history of our beloved James Norrington from a very under-appreciated character. Well done. I guess you have read A Separate Peace?
1/15/2010 c1 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
"Jack lifted tankard and bottle, extended them over the rail, turned them over. The last few drops of rum and tea splashed out, mingling in midair.

The sea accepted them both."

Okay, it's official-what you've writ brought tears to my heart and eyes. This is a wonderful piece of tale telling. Made me so lonesome for the ones passed. Liked M&M, funny pirate wannas-great speeching from Jack and Groves is such a gentleman. I'm so glad they saved him from his possible watery grave. Thank you for this story-I love it when it makes my heart so full.

- pearlseed
1/12/2010 c1 51orpsgod
Wonderful! We just don't get enough Groves. Thank you for sharing. :)
1/9/2010 c1 10royalpinkdogs
how wonderful! truly a marvelous homily to James. Thank you for letting us know more about Groves too-he was a lovely character!
1/9/2010 c1 38Florencia7
Wonderful one-shot. Such an interesting scenario - and it's so great to catch a glimpse of the post-AWE world through Groves eyes. Fantastic dialogue, and the "best pirate" line returning at the end was a beautiful touch. Great story. I loved it!
1/9/2010 c1 112geekmama
Bittersweet, and just right. I like your Groves very much, and also the idea of Jack having written Spanish Ladies.
1/9/2010 c1 65mypiratecat1
Absolutely a marvelous read. One of your BEST! I love private, serious conversations between Jack and the other characters. You set the mood aboard the Pearl and lead into the talk beautifully. *raises tankard - "Fair winds"*
1/9/2010 c1 fizben08
As always a beautifully written piece of work. I really like the suggestion that Jack wrote the words to Spanish Ladies, we all know he is a poet as well as a pirate.