for Crows in the Wheatfield

9/29/2010 c10 116LaedieDuske
I liked the dream very much, actually. Letting us see what had actually happened, I agree that it worked better without putting it at the beginning. The mystery of what was happening to him had me sitting on the edge of my chair, heart hammering with desperation for his father to find him, SAVE him. It worked great for keeping the suspense going and not really knowing what was happening, but I for sure DID want to know what HAD happened. You had mentioned that he was having nightmares a couple of times at least, and I found it fitting that we visited the nightmare with him.

My poor Dean, though, still so weak and in so much pain when John has to drag him out of the hospital. I can't even imagine having to do that to someone, plus the guilt that it's his own fault for getting his kids into this life in the first place, a life where health insurance isn't even remotely possible. I wish Sam were there to help him through it, hell I wish *I* were there to help him through it. -=laugh=- Just want to scoop him up, put Arnica on all of his bruises and certainly change his bandages more gently than that damn nurse!

Dang. Awesome story, I find myself sitting up way past my bedtime to read "just a few more paragraphs" until my eyes are burning and my eyelids won't stay open.

LD
9/28/2010 c1 LaedieDuske
Wow, such beautiful imagery so far, I can almost feel what he is feeling and it frightens me that he is so lethargic. I love when text on a page can instill real emotion in me. Lovely work, thank you for sharing!

LD
9/28/2010 c29 apieceofcake
Have enjoyed, thank you :-)
9/27/2010 c26 Maria
"He alleys brought us Fruit Loops". What? Also, oreserious - isn't a word. Please fix the typos and grammatical errors. Sometimes the sentences and paragraphs are so hard to understand because of the errors.

Thanks,
9/27/2010 c29 amethyst bloodstone
Hi sorry I'm late I missed the story alert. Thankyou for writing such an incredible story. i 've loved every word of it and will miss it. Your characters have rang true in every chapter and you have made laugh and cry. exceptionally well done, looking forward to your next story.
9/26/2010 c22 ViaVeritasVita
I was fast flipping all the chapters until now because a story with only Dean is not complete (I'm a Dean+Sam girl, not Dean+John girl). He needs Sam there comforting him. I especially like how Sam answered Dean what gave him away by saying "I'm your brother". Wonderful chapter.
9/24/2010 c29 zuimar
Hi Ontara, I was so glad to read in your AN that you're very proud of this story, as you should be! It really is one of the best fics I've read and I'm surely gonna read it again and again.

This last chapter was a very fitting end, you've managed to capture Dean's fear of being alone so well. These sentences tell it all:

"It was the simple fact that he didn't know where to go that kept him from getting up and moving now."

"It had never struck him as much as it did right now, that he actually had nowhere to go."

This chapter was quite heartbreaking, but at the end there was a lighter note with Dean detecting a spring to his steps. That was just what I needed to read to not feel to sad about this story coming to an end.

I've said it many times, but I'll say it again: you really are a very talented writer!

Tweety
9/22/2010 c29 187Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands
I think you're a fantastic writer and that you should be really proud of the great quality of the stories you've completed and posted on this site. I'm definitely willing to read anything you post in the future.

There was a really quaint, charming mystery to this story. I adored it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
9/22/2010 c29 kelco
Great ending. Like the way you brought the crow back in to wrap things up. Terrific story, all around. Thankyou
9/22/2010 c6 18BarbaraGER
Normally I read a story and review it after I finished reading it.

This time I have to draw you a picture of me and how I'm looking when I read this: my nose is glued to the screen, both of my thumbnails are being chewed and the moment a noise or something else disturbes me even in the slightest, I explode and want to holler: "SILENCE!"

And I'm only reading chapter 6 from...29!

Kudos, my friend, this one rocks!

I love how you portray John. It's the exact mixture of the loving, worrying father we hadn't gotten the chance to see and the tough hunter he appeared to be most of the time.

The way you told us about Dean's torment – geez, I think I was there, right beside him, hearing him sob and gasp and whimper, I smelled the dog, I even saw the yellow eyed crow!

I already told you after reading another story of yours that if I wouldn't know you're from Austria I would swear you're American! Really, really great!

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy every single word of this...YAY! 23 chapters left!

Ganz liebe Grüße in Richtung Berge!

Barbara
9/21/2010 c29 jeanne
"Here, at least, they would be united for eternity." just made me want to cry. I loved this story. You should be very proud. Looking forward to reading more of your work.
9/20/2010 c29 rog457
I think that was a terrific ending. It ended as it began with Dean alone and inside his head, trying to figure out what to do next.

"And even if it wasn't real, was just some kind of hallucination sneaking behind the paper-thin walls of Dean's sanity" what a great line.

The insecurity, the loniness, the neediness that is Dean is so heartbreaking sometimes and you captured it all perfectly. Also you showed the unbreakable strength that is at the core of Dean, his faith in his family. He will do anything for them and he knows that when push comes to shove they will do the same for him.

I was sorry to see this story come to an end even though it was of course inevitable. I look forward to reading your next one.
9/19/2010 c29 BranchSuper
Very satisfying ending, with some of that mythic quality returning in Dean's dream state. I like that it gives him the impetus to move on, with hope for the future. This enitre story was very well written. I look forward to reading your next one that you have waiting in the wings. Don't hesitate to post it - I don't think you could write a substandard story.
9/19/2010 c29 grea8read
You have done a wonderful job with this story.

Congrats on a job well done.

I look forward to your next story.

Thank you once and again for sharing your time and talent.

Diane
9/19/2010 c29 2DarkClaimingSkye
Awesome story, is there going to be a sequel?
745 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »