for The Art of Pretending It Isn't Your Fault

5/12 c1 beanzhead
I remember I started reading this when I was in EIGHTH grade. I was 13 years old and would copy and paste the text into note pad when I was at school to read at home later bc I didnt have internet at home. I'm 26 now and I'm in awe of how dedicated you all were to finish this story. The banter is wonderful, the schemes and snide remarks duncan comes up with is genius, the understanding of their dynamic and making it completely in character that this could be cannon, the research you did for scenes with the yacht and how to freeze a pool. YOU ALL DID US THIS SERVICE FOR FREE! I'm not sure if you still read these reviews but genuinely thank you all for writing this. Reading this gave me so much nostalgia. I am so pleasantly surprised how well the writing hold up today too
4/1 c40 1Ushio
So just finished this after starting it a couple of days ago after just getting into Total Drama about two weeks ago thanks to a fan made YouTube music video of all things.

I thought it was really good and captured the characters pretty well.

But your plans for the final challenge were brilliant and very cruel. It would have been an interesting thing to see on screen that's for sure.
2/21 c31 helzabini
this is a brilliantly scripted masterpiece
the chain of events, character portrayals is 11/10 best one i have read yet and i am so sad that there’s only 9 chapters left!
i have laughed out loud countless times and screamed into my hand way too much
this is spectacular perfect portrayal of the whole cast
i would choose this one over the all stars any day fuck the producers this is how it should be! LOVE IT
2/21 c17 helzabini
you are amazing literally
how you portrait the characters is phenomenal
also loved the all stars note x
6/26/2021 c40 8light is in the dark
Holy...wow... Just finished reading this and it's amazing that you two pushed through obstacles in life and still managed to get this fic done. I had the luxury of being able to binge read but I wish I was in for the ride. Dont mind me just adding to my favorites... and done! Take care, both of you!
4/17/2021 c40 augustsnorth
and then all the other seasons and specials happened, hah.

i have first started reading TAOP in circa 2013 or 2014, back when my English was so bad that most information I consumed in such language was soon forgotten.

as it is, this allowed me to start rereading this seven years later, after the fic's been completed (truth be told though, I vaguely recognised lots of things).

the change in writing quality and characterization was noticeable. i had to put the story down at one time because this was close to canon and I couldn't believe i liked such arseholes :P but somewhere around the 23rd or -fourth chapter, I became addicted and read this as fast as I could (with the exception of Courtney's part which gave me so much secondhand embarrassment OH MY GOD)

so it ends. this fic brought me close to tears on so many ocassions and to other displays of emotional distress every so often. in. some chapters, it never ended.

this is, overall, one of the best fanfictions that I have read (on this platform, on this story, on this couple, etc). that you have taken it upon yourselves to describe so much from the point of view of other characters and done so so well is a feat I can only aspire to. TAOP has truly been an inspiration.

thank you for the experience.
11/25/2020 c40 multidrxma
I finished this fanfic in the span of two days. It is truly amazing! Also, November 2020 anyone? :) (duncney for life)
11/19/2020 c4 beauteenzy
loooove it
11/19/2020 c3 beauteenzy
looooove this it's prolly really old but im reading it in 2020 and- yeah i need help but love this authy keep it up!
10/12/2020 c40 mmosesmia
Hey! I know u probably won’t even see this but I have a few notes on the story.
First things first- it was an absolute pleasure to read. It was funny, romantic and a bit sad at times, and the way u write is amazing, like reading a book.
With that said, the story could be a bit... long at times. Don’t get me wrong there’s some chapters I wish would go on forever, but in some parts that don’t matter as much, it seems like it’s just too long, and I just want to get to the good stuff so I’m reading fast or skipping a bit.
But my biggest problem was the ending. I absolutely adore the first bit of them in the woods, but suddenly he just wants her back and they’re in love? Idk, just doesn’t make sense to me. U might should have kept it going for a chapter or 2 so you’ll finish it off properly. Don’t get me wrong I’m so glad they got back together but there’s maybe a better way to do it. Maybe u should have showed the final episode of tdi or something and they’ll get together then.
Anyways it’s still my favorite fanfic of all times and it’s written so well it’s ridiculous.
Stay safe at this crazy times and sorry for any English mistakes, it’s no my first language
9/14/2020 c40 Luna
I found this fic sometime in the summer; I don't recall the exact day, but I was enchanted by it. Over the next few months, I'd read a chapter or two here or there, patiently chipping away at 40 chapters and 200k words. TAOP is so excellently crafted, and I'm very very glad I found it after it was completed, so I didn't have to wait months for chapter updates. Parts of Duncan and Courtney's story touched me and made me reflect on the relationships in my own life, and that's a testament to the emotions you were able to evoke.
Tl;dr Thank you for writing such a personal, heartfelt, well-written romance!
9/9/2020 c40 Lepeti
Thanks for writing the story! It’s so good, I started reading and couldn’t sleep because I wanted to finish, I loved it
8/19/2020 c40 Byrd3-13
Really great story. Awesome way to find those missing pieces off camera
8/4/2020 c40 Oh golly
I genuinely feel like I'm witnessing the end of an era with this one. In some ways, I suppose I am. I figure y'all won't see this, but genuinely thank you both for writing one of the best Duncney fanfics I've ever read...let alone one of the best on the website.
7/23/2020 c1 2Princess.Mariaa
Literally my favorite fanfic !
779 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »