for Unavoidable Lies

6/5/2020 c1 Guest
Xander-wank, endless fucking Xander-wank
2/24/2010 c1 14GirlwithSword
Just amazing! Brilliant! I'm no fan of Angel but I always thought of the "kick his ass" thing as petty and selfish but this new light... and having Jesse overshadow it all, Jesse who died first and was never spoken of again...And focusing on the day to day danger of scooby-life that the show really tends to glaze over... amazing!
1/23/2010 c1 8whatweareafreaidof
love, xander had to make a tough chooce, and buffy all readly prove she could not kill angelus so save her friends, could she kill angleus to save the world
1/23/2010 c1 24Illyria13
You know how much I always love your stories and even though this one is short (but far from sweet), it's going to rank in my top five favs of yours. The way you describe the setting is so beautiful; it's poetic and disturbing even in the middle of the day. And your comment about being able to pay your respects in SUnnydale only in the day is so true!

You do such a good job of linking the denial and lies together; it's exactly how xander and the rest of the Scoobies live their lives, and I like that you had the guts and intuition to see that. To see that they themselves have destroyed their own lives, by lying and forgetting and denying the things that they do. It's nice to see an acknowledgment without too much regret.

And you know that this ending is the absolutely best one you've written. "Some lies are just unavoidable". I think that is the truest and most devastating thing to admit. But it sums them all up so well.

I love your writing and will never get tired of saying it. And despite what some people may say or think, we never really get to see anyone acknowledge the death of Jesse in the show, and it's nice to finally see some notice, even if it's to himself, at how much his loss has hurt.