FanFiction.Net
for The Informer: Aftershock

3/8/2021 c1 63tallsunshine12
Hogan is a true commander, and I'm glad he got a little time to himself before he had to face the world again.
9/9/2018 c1 99Trekkiehood
This was so... Good. Hogan has too much stress. The others really don't realize it
9/20/2015 c1 25la-hija-de-Dios
That was awesome! Thank you so much for having Hogan thank the Lord at the end! That was my favorite part! :D
8/12/2011 c1 31Goldleaf83
A very good tag for this episode! I don't think I was reading much online when you posted it, so I missed it when it came out. While I do agree with a couple of the reviewers that Hogan is unlikely to react quite so physically (he does have quite a lot of time as the commander of a bombing squadron under his belt, so he's used to danger and having men's lives in his hands), I also think that the split view of his internal worries contrasted with the men's celebration worked really well. And Hogan leaving the men to celebrate without him is actually a very good commander's deliberate policy: a friend of mine told me about leaving a party early so that the people under her command would feel free to party in ways they wouldn't while "the boss" was there watching. Living in such proximity to each other, Hogan and his men would need to evolve a lot of such strategies.
4/5/2010 c1 54Jennaya
I love episode fillers and this would have been perfect in the show. Very good job.
1/27/2010 c1 Salpson
That is an ending I can believe. Hogan would risk his own life if necessary but when he risks all their lives he is scared to death. This is what makes him a commander not someone of a higher rank.
1/25/2010 c1 35ColHogan
I agree with another reviewer. Hogan would have been scared as he is responsible for over one thousand men. And while he may show the calm, positive, cocky attitude, when he's alone, I could see him showing the fear he must feel wondering if his plan would work. I think we sometimes forget the fear that Hogan must feel internally wondering if a plan would work. Nice job reminding us the man is human.
1/25/2010 c1 Snooky
Good to see you on the board! Great descriptions leading up to the barracks scene. I agree with the first two reviewers on 2 points. First, Carter did indeed disappear into the dog truck and I did also find Hogan's scene a bit "icky" as Jessica put it. I just find him a bit more resilient, I guess and not praying every time something happens. But that's me and my pov. When I first started writing,I took on the challenge of explaining Carter's return to Stalag 13 and his "demotion" to Sergeant, in The Informer, Pt 2. Hope you go further with these postings. Everyone seems to love the add-ons and missing scenes. I confess, my seemed to get a bit silly, but they were fun. I should have done what you did and posted them separately, for the same reasons.

Sue
1/25/2010 c1 70L J Groundwater
You bet your life he'd have been scared. I think often it comes across like it means nothing- as if it's a walk in the park. But realistically, he's got dozens, sometimes hundreds, of men's lives in his hands. It's good to see this side, now and then.
1/25/2010 c1 91konarciq
Very well worded, and a very touching, surprising, but definitely not unbelievable final paragraph. A joy to read!

One quibble: as far as my memory serves me, the whole thing with Wagner had been staged not only to "ridicule" and eliminate him, but also to get Carter out of camp. Once the dogs were out of the truck, in the confusion Olsen jumped out as well, and Carter jumped in. They make a special note of it that Schultz is very happy to see "the right man" back at roll call.

So perhaps you could change Carter´s line to a comment of Olsen´s instead?
1/25/2010 c1 2GSJessica
Lovely, lovely!

This was a bit like the moment in Wizard of Oz when it switches from b&w to Technicolor. I felt like the pilot episode switched into color on your first paragraph. Delightfully flavorful description from moment-one, and astute observations.

I rather didn't care for Hogan's action at the very end, thought it was a bit too much of a reaction (and kinda icky), but I _loved_ the demeanor switch the instant the door closed. Spot on, IMO, for the character with that.

You're going to do this for every episode? This will be a series to eagerly anticipate!