for Measure a life

5/12/2013 c66 4hearts a heavy burden x
ah I love this story! please update soon x
5/1/2013 c66 1christiangirliemiranda
Yay for new chapter! It was great of course! I hope everything is going well for you for graduation! Good luck!
GOD BLESS!
-Miranda
4/30/2013 c66 1Furionknight
I look forward to more :)
1/4/2013 c65 1angelsfanfictions
i really adore this please write more soon
12/26/2012 c65 11Loves to read books
Update soon please!
12/24/2012 c65 1Furionknight
I look forward to more :)
12/6/2012 c2 4LupinxTonks4ever
Yay! I live! HahaXD Okay, kidding! Sorry it took me so long to review again a life's been very...well, let's just say exciting, lately! HahaXD
I hope you're doing well and that you have a lovely Thanksgiving! :D

I have to say that I absolutely LOVE how they meet in this! It's so cute, and it's just so...THEM! It's so like Remus to help on someone he doesn't even know because they're sad, and it's cool to see him so much like his adult self in the HP book mirrored here, in younger form
I also like how you touch on, but at the same time don't make a mini-plot out of the very likely possibility that Tonks was given somewhat of a hard time due to being a Metamorphmagus - it says in the HP books that they're really rare, so it makes sense. A lot of people use this aspect, but I just really like HOW you used into sort of connect them right off - I forgot how absolutely lovely your writing style is! It's such a joy to read!:D
And I may be slightly biased because I'm a Hufflepuff, but...I really like that you kept Tonks as a Hufflepuff - it just fits her so well!
I also love how you write the dynamic between Remus and the other Marauders - it's just as imagined they would be! Especially Sirius - he's perfect! Haha

I'm really excited about reading this again, and reviewing this time!:D Your writing is just so beautiful
Sorry it took me so long:p

I hope you're having a great week!:D
11/22/2012 c1 3AnMXD
hello! :)

im not exactly sure if I reviewed this or not before... I might have... maybe not. anyways!

my story is actually this exact storyline as well (save the fact that tonks is in their year and house in mine) but its interesting how different the two are! I mean this sincerely, it's so cool to read someone else's ideas for this storyline! I especially loveee the first chapter, even though its short. there's something about their deaths there that are beautiful.

I love this! :) ill definitely give this a follow! :)

have lovely thanksgiving :)

AnM
9/6/2012 c1 4LupinxTonks4ever
So yay, I'm starting my re-read through/comment party! Haha:D
It may be a slow thing, but I'n quite excited about it! :D
This is so beautiful - I love how you begin the story with the end! It makes it so compelling and that much more sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.
This always makes me cry, no matter how many times I read it. Without fail...it's just so sad!;'( ;'(
Beautiful writing though, well done!
It's 3 a.m. here, so I may hit the hay, but I shall continue soon!:D
I hope you're doing well!*waves* :)
9/3/2012 c64 ShadowsMelodie
Ahhhh! I fell out of the Harry Potter series for a little, but I'm back!
I love this story SOOOOO much.
It's probably one of the best Harry Potter stories I've ever read XD
I can't wait for the next Update!
9/2/2012 c64 MathisonsGirl
one of the best written stories i have read so far.
8/20/2012 c64 LupinxTonks4ever
YAY! I was so so excited when I saw the email for this in my inbox!:D I'm sorry I took a bit to review - this week was busy rather unexpectedly! Haha:p :) It was good though:)
How are you? I hope well!:D
Thank you for the shoutout too!:') And I'll definitely have to check out her story!:)

So I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the idea of them being married in OotP! With each new chap I find myself wishing more and more that YOUR version of their relationship is how it really went down! Haha:D It's just so beautiful, I absolutely adore it!:D I can't wait till I can find a day to sit down and re-read and review everything up to this point!:D

I love how you actually write some of the scenes from Jo's original work! It gives the whole story an entirely new facet of depth and plausibility! And it's always interesting to read the scenes from a POV besides Harry's as well, so I thouroughly enjoyed that!:D You did such a great job with the explanations for behavior and just...everything! They were all in-character so perfectly too!:D

Their little banter as they got to Grimmauld Place was so sweet and funny - it had me smiling like a moron at my phone! Lol!XD
And I love how Remus stubbornly still uses her first name just to tease her - it's so cool to see someone leave in some of his Marauder characteristics, as they seem to be often forgotten.

The bits about the messes Tonks made with her clumsiness were brilliant! Lol!XD I love how you write detail with enough to make me smile at the familiarity of the character, and yet never too much to the point that it becomes superfluous or dull - I very much admire that balance in your writing!:D

I really liked how you touched on the fact that grief from loss of those we love never really goes away - true, with time, we can heal. But the pain is never wholly gone and I really liked that you included that aspect!
Remus has always seemed like a rather observant character, and I love how you bring that out in him, with him keeping watch over Harry and Sirius' conversation and sensing the moods of each. That was such a cool detail!

And I never thought of it from Remus's angle, but I bet Remus never was more glad that he taught someone something! That saved Harry's (and Dudley's) life - so thank you for showing me a new angle to a familiar situation!:D Yet another reason why I love fanfic!:D

I also love the point you made regarding Sirius' and Molly's arguement - I've always agreed with Sirius in that respect - Harry deserved to know. It affected him most, and he may have even been more careful had he known...I like that Sirius recognizes that.
I understand Molly's point, and am glad she loves Harry so much, but at the end of the day, it was Sirius that James and Lily had entrusted Harry to, and he knows what they would have wanted, as does Remus.
And he's right - Harry had seen so much at that point that telling him would have likely been the best thing to do - but then it would be a different story I suppose. I always thought it was low of Molly to say that about Harry not being James too. :( No wonder Sirius got so mad - he seems to be a bit temperamental as it is. ;). And the comment about Azkaban from Molly - boy that was below the belt! I had forgotten about this argument in the book - I love how Remus defended Sirius without being unlike - so Remus! You really do write him brilliantly!

I liked what you did with their arguement - it was cool to read that from a different POV than Harry's!
And it was cool how you set the stage for what Remus said too - I think he likely intervened at a good time! Haha:)
And I totally agree with him - Sirius's love for Harry should never be in question, he would have loved nothing more, I am sure, than to take care of Harry as his godfather had he had the chance. Poor Sirius:'(
And I always feel so awful Ginny - her mum's always making her leave...it really does stink for her, but at least Hermione likely filled her in! Haha:)

I love reading in fics when there's a scene with Sirius, Remus, and Tonks - they've always seemed like the adult trio to me! Haha:D
I kind of want to give poor Sirius a hug at this point, but I don't think he'd want it! Lol!XD

I love how Remus and Tonks are able to encourage/cheer up Sirius - I really am just in love with this thought that they all grew up together - I wish they actually had, I just love it!

That is a good point about Sirius being a threat to Molly - Ahh what a different story we might have read had it been Remus, Tonks, and Sirius that had raised Harry! Such an interesting thought...:D

And I liked what Remus said about Harry - because he's right, Harry's not truly okay until it's over. Poor guy - no wonder we love him so much! Haha:) He is, as Tonks said, a very loveable character!:)

And I really loved the bit at the end of the chapter with Remus and Tonks
I love all the subtle fore-shadowing to Order of the Phoenix that you're doing - it's brilliant!
Although when you write the end of OotP, I'll probably bawl my eyes out!;'(
I'm glad that Remus and Tonks already have each other, at least:)

Beautiful job, as always! I just adore how you write the characters - you do such a wonderful job writing them all just how they are in the books, yet make them even more three-dimensional!
Lovely chappy, I really love this story! It's on of my favorites I've ever discovered!:D
I hope you're having a wonderful day! Keep up your beautiful work!
7/14/2012 c63 LupinxTonks4ever
First off, I must hang my head in shame because of how long it took me to review this. I'm sorry! Life for me has been crazy busy (not in a bad way:)).
I'm also so sorry to hear that yoy're having a hard time right now! I truly hope you are doing better from whatever has happened - I'll be praying for you.
And last, but certainly not least, the review:D ...

Again with the tissues - I did not have them when I needed them!;( The part when Rhiannon was asking what they were doing to her father...my heart just broke, that was so sad!;'(
And all of the emotions that Tonks goes through - you wrote them perfectly. And I can say from experience with losing people you love unexpectedly that you nailed the emotional roller coaster to a T. It made me cry just because I can understand a bit how Tonks was feeling and I wanted to give her a hug! And I want to give you a hug because you're sad and that makes me sad:(

And how she got angry before admitting that she felt responsible for Mark's death - I especially loved how you wrote Sirius and Remus and Tonks in this, they were very in-character and the whole thing was really emotionally relatable and beautifully written. I really love how you conveyed the truth about the world moving in and life keeping on going. The times when people I love have passed on, it's always seemed to wrong to me that the workd doesn't stop to acknowledge their life, but just keeos right on moving and not caring. You really brought thay acorss realistically and well! And her resolution not to let herself become depressed was very in-character for her, I loved that.

As sad as this chapter was, it needed to happen because it forms them into the people they later become. Our lives are no different. :)
And I actually beg to differ, I think this was important to the story, as Tonks made some decisions and Sirius showed some rare insight, and generally it was kind of a closure chapter. Lovelly writing as always! Keep up the great work, and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
7/5/2012 c63 Guest
Great story! I can't wait to read more!
6/28/2012 c36 Guest
I love it! It's really cute and totally realistic, for me there was only one part that wasn't: when Sirius accused Remus of being a spy. I mean, sure, Sirius would think of anything to get the spy, but he wouldn't accuse his friend like that. AWESOME story though! Keep writing! :)
256 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »