for Fight Off Your Demons

9/17/2015 c1 22apiegohome
A pretty intense story, I just wanted both of them to get a break! The way it ended seemed like they would eventually find each other. Thanks for writing.
10/13/2014 c1 RenoRenjiRed
Oh how I wish u would take this story farther. It holds so much promise. Sweet, precious fucked up Axel and Roxas.
12/19/2013 c1 40natcat5
I don't usually bother with reviewing fics from years in the past, but I just gotta commend that ending. You can praise fics for having great plots, and fics that are beautifully written, and fics with great characterization, but there's a special place in my heart for fics that somehow have the perfect ending. I can't quite articulate how and why you nailed the ending so hard. But you did. That was literally the perfect conclusion for the story, and it just made me love the entire thing more than I already did. So yeah. Fuck this was great.
11/25/2011 c1 M
Whenever I listen to Lost Child I think of this story, and of you. Know that I'm listening a lot at the moment.
4/17/2011 c1 94Phantasmal Abduction
Omfg... This fic is amazing.

Made me cry.

And hopeful ending... But still with the unrequited, gutting feeling to it.

Lol did I mention I loved it?
11/22/2010 c1 2Elle-is-odd
UURGH, I just finished reading this...and you know what I think?...I think that you're honestly the best writer's I've ever seen. You're stories are so amazing, and YOU are amazing, I love them so much. You put so much life into the characters, and your love stories are always so bitter sweet, and touching, that you put all the Twilight books to shame! (though it doesn't take much) you've honestly made me cry in all of your fanfictions, I'm not gunna lie. You're words move me to tears! D:

that's my opinion anyways. I really reeallyy enjoy reading you're stuff, I wish there was more soon C: I feel like all the good writers these days are becomeing disinterested in Axel and Roxas, and they are such a couple to work with, and even though they write such amazing fanfictions, and it's sad to see because I love reading fanfictions talented people like you make. You're so good, you're definitely my favourite writer on ff.net. I REALLY hope too see more from you in the future, I can't get over how amazing you are, and I can't get enough of your stories!
8/28/2010 c1 1nautikitti
zomg! ill never know if they meet up... must create own ending *attempts daydreams*
7/18/2010 c1 4rudy flamthrowa
I don't even know what to say now that I've finished this story, since my mind has been blown by your capacity for writing such beautiful and raw emotion. And I think that's why I love the ending of this so much, because Axel and Roxas's relationship resonates with the *reality* of space, time, and love.

Just, thank you. I started reading this with wholly different expectations, and I have never been so happy to finish a story with a new outlook on addiction and heartbreak. Sorry if this review makes no sense, but just know that the time and effort you put into writing this was well worth it :D
7/15/2010 c1 3Yarouka
...Oh. My goodness. I don't exactly know what to say... Well, first off, great job. That was pretty amazing. Your style was gorgeous, as usual. The plot really got to me! The differences and the similarities in their fucked up lives was written very well, and how it brought them together and apart numerous times over was invigorating and heartbreaking...

The thing is, KH fics where the main character goes through prostitution tend to be cliche, but this wasn't at all. It was just real and honest. The way you wrote those scenes too, was like whoa. Just in your face HONESTY mixed and mingled with artistic cruelty and empathy. It's really amazing how you write like that.

The way you kept seperating them was so messed up, but it's like they say, writer's must not be afraid to completely wreck the life of a character. I also love the ending. It's vague, but if the reader believes in their love, then they'll find each other. I'm gonna hope that they do!

Anyways, the title... That's Brand New inspired, right? XD Awesome.

-Savvy
5/23/2010 c1 3Celestial Secrets
Whoa. That was intense. The open ending is verrry open. Which makes me sad because, while many things are possible and open to interpretation by the reader, I usually start thinking of the most depressing, pessimistic paths that could be taken... It makes me wish that this was a multi-chapter fic. You managed to add so much complexity into this one-shot that, yes, it fully functions as a deep and meaningful and complete story but in my view, stories are never complete and just a scene we get from a series of events.

Anyways, ignore my ramblings. Great job, I love your fics and I'm off to read the only one I haven't yet (The Doctor and The Polemic.)
2/19/2010 c1 5Naive-Symphony
great story! the constant motion forward and backward was fantastic. i especially love how it ends with roxas actually heading east. stories like this seem to be your specialty, and you deliver magnificently. i feel like when i'm reading your work i'm reading actual literature rather than crummy fanfiction (though sometimes i enjoy crummy fanfiction). great job here, as always, i'm a huge fan.
2/15/2010 c1 2woodbox
I read this for the first time right when you posted it. Waiting for it, I forgot that there was a three hour difference, not two, and found myself fighting to stay awake. In retrospect, it probably would've been better to not be a stubborn child (I'm not sleepy!) and just read it in the morning. By the time I finished, there was this cloud of sorrow around me. I had the vague feeling that I'd missed a bunch of words, because I tend to do that when I'm dead tired, no matter what I'm reading. The beauty of it touched me, but more-so the sadness. To live a life like this-I would be lying if I told you I'd never considered Roxas's path, knowing exactly what it would bring me and having an idea of where it would land me. I've had it open since early sunday morning, first tab, and I've stared at it a considerable amount, the title, F(i)ght (O)ff Y(ou)r D(e)m(o)ns, and is there a reason why you omitted those vowels? (I'm just curious. It seems familiar, somehow.) Anyway, I finished around 3:40 AM and my eyes were gumming together, impossible to see, thought escaping me. I wanted to write you a review, but what the fuck would I say?

So I'm re-reading to get all those words I may have missed, eyes careful like memorization. I'm crying before Roxas even leaves-people are so senselessly cruel, so fucking ignorant. It rends me, what happens to Roxas (Just touching, of course, until it wasn’t just touching).

When the stuffy academic pulled out, Roxas thought his intestines had been ripped free, trailed out behind him. this reminds me of that palahniuk thing, guts, which i can hardly think on without feeling my stomach clench. That he could feel that, and feel that degraded, used, and to do it again... ; _ ;

It's been a long time since I really, truly believed in God as Christians believe in Him, but I hope for their sakes that his grace is as intense as the guilt of their sin. To feel that disgust, that you've done something so terribly wrong-I've felt it for thoughts, but for actions? I can't even imagine. Also: This dentist metaphor will haunt me.

I'm reminded, reading about Axel, of the hatred I have for the disabling rules of propriety. How doing something that you think is okay, or taking a leap on confidence and falling a million miles, can besmirch you forever to the world audience, as they appear in your mind. Which is why people who don't deserve your love, or not as much of it, can become gods, sitting on thrones in your mind and judging you constantly.

I feel like this is just a load of bullshit I'm saying, direct responses interrupting the flow of the story, so I'm going to shut up and read now, leaving it at this: I feel this, sometimes.

And motherfuck if I'm not crying again. That kind of compassion-the sudden kind, Axel wanting to hug Roxas. I can only speak in fragments, my chest feels compressed with this. That's what I meant when I told you it was heavy. There is weight to this because it happens. There are stories about this same thing that border on fetishization, the "glamour" of prostitution without the grit, THIS, like slowly breathing in water. To feel so unwelcome and alone in your own home that the hate of the streets is a more palatable alternative? Or does it come from the hatred of oneself, the wish to be used? These are the kind of questions I'm not always sure I want answered.

No one wants to reach out in the dark, fearful of what they’ll find, fearful that there’s nothing there at all. that tears me to pieces. I swear, (gross) my jacket sleeves are drowning in snot. Because the nothing is worse than anything bad you can touch, and what's more: this is so translatable, real Truth. true for me, for Axel and Roxas, for everyone I know, and even true in canon. (this is one of the things I like most about your fic. even when they are AU, they have so much of the canon in them, disguised as real life, and I think this is perhaps one of the biggest reasons I feel so stitched to Kingdom Hearts and its fandom.) Sometimes, disappointment is worse.

Maybe fairytales are bullshit, but that's what hope is for, i think.

Blah blah blah, right? Thank you for writing this. I hope, hope hope hope that Roxas finds Axel alive, if not well.
2/15/2010 c1 19cho-chan09
*drowns in an ocean of tears* I can't say how much this has touched my heart. Because this isn't just a fanfic. This has so much real life in it that it's just not funny. I don't know if a sequel would be the best thing, because I think it'll take away some of the impact of the end, but I hope they meet again some day. And drink coffee. *cries*
2/14/2010 c1 lover-of-light
Continue!
2/14/2010 c1 Iulia R. a.k.a. nonvideor
A toast to you. I truly envy your ability to imbue words with life. The entire story literally had it's own heartbeat: hope, despair; hope, despair; hopehopehope.

My hands are shaking and blood is rushing through my system in an exquisitely fast-paced rhythm. The genuine feeling and... mortal touch gripped part of my heart, and I think I'll have to carry this story around just to retain that missing portion.

You are a recherché writer, and I doubt my inept groping for words will adequately describe my infatuation with your remarkable style and tropes/schemes.
19 Page 1 2 Next »