for Over the Horizon

8/24/2020 c10 abraxas01
Well, this was looking to be a fun story, plenty of references to Indiana Jones, the Stargate movie and other sci fi franchises. Really is a shame the author apparently didn't finish of the stories he started.
8/22/2020 c3 abraxas01
Ok, I'm in IT and have been for well over 15 years and thus far I have seen NO ONE explain how Cylons can hack a network simply by being in its vicinity. The simplest and most effective way of securing a network, especially a standalone network, is my removing it's connections to the outside. This is called air gapping BTW. So a ship would be a standalone network, the only connection to the outside would be it's communications suite, simply air gapping you comms suite from the rest of your network. If you have wireless connection to the network on board it MAY be possible to infiltrate that way, however this is a warship. Warships are generally shielded from electronic interference, specifically EMP. This would also shield against most if not all electronic intrusions as well. This seems to be a common trope in sci fi which makes no sense to anyone with an IT background.
4/23/2020 c10 Sircus
Unfortunately, the cylons stay was short. Col. ONeil has sneezed earlier at one of them and they all died shortly after from the deadly virus known on earth as the common cold.
1/27/2019 c7 Gigi Duru
I was willing to accept the idiotic premise that the ancients for some stupid reason haven't all ascended and decided to educate some humans into modern technology.
I was willing to accept the absolutely moronic idea that once the colonials arrived on their planets they all magically forgot everything they learned and turned medieval.
I was even willing to accept all the bs about marriages and main characters being homo - after all military macho men it's the author's barely disguised fetish.
But the colonial speaking english and the terrans having absolutely incompetent leaders and pitiful tech is too much.
No wonder this story never got finished - not even the author could stand the stench in the end.
1/19/2019 c9 JOHN0713
This is a great story and hopefully you will finish it someday!
12/16/2018 c1 JOHN0713
Very good story hopefully you will finish it in the near future.
9/18/2018 c3 kirosyamcha
hmmm so far its been very trying to read, not because its not well written, but because its been boring so far.
9/18/2018 c10 Guest
Dude, you have to come back for this one. It was just getting good.
8/12/2018 c10 Guest
are you going to update this story
8/3/2018 c5 Guest
Well so much for me reading this story any longer because you had to do the stupid cliche of oh it is a space ship so navy must control it. Why could you not do the original thing of leaving it to the Air Force where it belongs.
8/1/2018 c10 Guest
more please
7/30/2018 c10 Guest
7/16/2018 c7 Azrael
It always amazes me how in so many ff's societies that have evolved completely separately for thousands of years always end up having the exact QAM standards and using the exact same ADC, most likely mp3, for their radios. Or is it wma? The authors are never clear on that.
But they all agree that they all speak english, with a yankee accent.
Or just maybe the authors have the IQ of a plum pudding and the imagination of the frying pan that holds it.
4/22/2018 c7 Andrei
So the colonials speak perfect modern english, a language created here on Earth only in the last 400 years?
Yea, you lost me there, no wonder this story never got finished.
4/2/2018 c10 JOHN0713
to bad you never finished this story it is very good.
421 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »