for A Prince's Duty

5/2/2010 c5 1Franzibald
...Yeah, formatting was a bit of a flub on my part, sorry about that. I'll have Open Office ready by the time you need (if you’re still up for it) to send me the next chapter. Hopefully I didn't do too terrible of a job with this though.

I'll keep things short, as I already went into depth about this section when I messaged you directly, but I do really like this addition. One thing though that I have never gotten to mention, was that I absolutely LOVE the name "King Taragon", not only is it appropriate, since tarragon is actually a herb, but Taragon is just a badass name as a whole. I mean hell; I wouldn't want to screw with a guy named that. And it fits perfectly with the intimidating, overpowering person you portray him as, great work there.

Also, sorry about adding in words that didn’t coincide with your proper Canadian spelling, my dumb ole’ American brain must of just completely forgot to consider that. I’ll try to keep it in mind. =P

Anyway, hope to see you update soon!
5/2/2010 c5 firemaster101
nice chapter
keep up the good work
4/24/2010 c4 1Mats Forsen
Nice story, I like it. You don't often see stories from Herbs viewpoint and this one is shaping up nicely. Keep writing and I'll keep reading!
4/23/2010 c4 2god of stuff
Well this was certainly a surprise. The story started off shakily, but it has shaped up into a very nice work so far. I eagerly await the next installment.
4/15/2010 c4 Hat O' Doom
Wow. Just wow. I love this story!
4/6/2010 c4 12recon12
i like the story. please keep updating its very becoming. must wonder what herb will be like at the end of this story. also on another note the ooc that authors have is very little. nicely done.
4/5/2010 c4 Deucalion02
very nice, youve captured the brats temper perfectly and your doing the fic mostly following storyline while still making it au. i like it
4/5/2010 c4 7Riniko22
Oh, that was a treasure chest of misunderstood and misinterpreted information. That Herb's servant were able to come to such logical and completely wrong conclusions and decide to act on them in a manner that may have a pleasing conclusion was amazing to behold. It would have only been more shocking if the bucket of water with the locking ladle had splashed both Ryouga and Mousse at the same time. I am greatly looking forward to reading your next chapter. I myself have several Herb story ideas held back and am delighted to be reading yours. I believe that Herb is one of the more interesting of the Ranma universe characters that is greatly underwritten into stories.
4/5/2010 c4 1Franzibald
Before I even start, I would just like to comment on the changes that you made to chapter three. I gave it another go through, and I have to say that it looks a LOT better than your previous version, you pretty much fixed up everything that I had issue with. Good job.

Okay, now as for this chapter, I really liked it, you had some pretty nice development going on; I continue to enjoy Herb’s perspective of the events that are happening in Ranma’s life. Having a third party can make for some really interesting revelations and commentary. I also liked the banter between Lime and Mint, their reasoning for why Herb was a girl was pretty funny and insightful, and overall I’m more interested now at what’s going on in this story than I have been for any other chapter. It’s nice to see this fic really start to diverge unto its own. (Have I said that already in a previous review? Oh well.)

I don’t really have much to complain about, seems like you took an extra bit of time to really get the editing down for this chapter, I didn’t notice anything that I took issue with regarding the narrative or dialog. It was all very solid. Though I felt that bit at the end where you had Ranma get locked was a tiny bit rushed, maybe it was just sort of how you had Herb just up and say that if Ranma wanted to get unlocked she’d have to go with her, I’d think there’d be a bit more dialog and arguing going on. Though it’s nothing that couldn’t be fixed by adding it directly into the next chapter, there’s like a thousand ways you could make it work out perfectly.

One more thing though, are you sure that you want to go pairings neutral with this? I mean you had some nice development and build up in this chapter, and can certainly make for more, what with Mint and Lime’s plotting. Really though, Ranma x Herb, is like, non-existent, if you wanted to you could pretty much corner the market. =P Still, not trying to pressure you or anything, it’s your choice how you are going about writing your story. Anyway, great work on this one, I hope to see more from you when you can.

Oh, also, good job on the length of the chapter, it made for a far more fun and fulfilling read.
4/5/2010 c4 firemaster101
i like it

i love it

i want some of it

nice chapter cant wait til the next
4/5/2010 c4 3Hiryo
Wow a cool chapter I wonder how RanmaXHerb-chan will come to be.
4/5/2010 c4 Armastama
Glad to finally see some divergence. That said I like the direction this is starting to take and hopefully it'll pick up some steam. I'm seeing some hints towards a Ranma/Herb match up, and I'd be disappointed if there wasn't. This might be the first match up between the two I've ever seen, and it's very intriguing. Looking forward to more.
4/4/2010 c1 8nikkidanielle14
very interesting chapter! please continue(:
4/2/2010 c3 Hat O' Doom
Ok, You've won me over. I can tell this story is going to rock! It's already at a nice start and its only now going to really start to diverge
3/23/2010 c3 7DWM
Nothing wrong with the action in this chapter, so far I can see. But if you want more examples of action, try to watch the animations of Ranma or watch some good martial arts movies, seeing that this is a somewhat more serious story. The movies, always good for inspiration. :)
72 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »