for Beside Quiet Waters

5/16/2010 c1 1GAjujubee
I just realized I don't own any tissue by reading this. WOW! is all I can say. Thank you for writing this.
5/12/2010 c1 Twilight-boo
did she end up killing herself or did she move on?

i loved it it was sad
5/12/2010 c1 nullaccount78
*sniffles and wipes away a tear*

this was really great

i love angsty one-shots
4/29/2010 c1 5AnnaLund
oh girl you have me crying my heart out here.
it was beautiful
4/26/2010 c1 goldenhair
*sniffles*

Damn you. I have a big fat lump in my throat and it's all your fault.

Damn it. That was absolutely beautiful. I don't usually read angst, but something about this story lured me in and I just couldn't let it go. I loved the part about Edward wooing Bella, how much she resisted, how much they loved each other...

This is my favorite line:

"I declined his offers, and I tried to avoid him. Like an idiot, I ran from him.

But he just wouldn't go away."

So cute.

And I want to thank you for putting just the right amount of angst in this o/s. You managed to convey their love without stomping on our hearts when the end came.
4/15/2010 c1 1midnightdancerx
Wow. First off, you have an incredible gift of writing. Please, don't give it up. This story is heartbreaking, and made me tear up a bit. Edward and Bella were so good for each other in this fic, and it's really sad to see them separated by his death. I loved reading on how their relationship progressed. It was really cute. I loved seeing how they relied on each other so much when Charlie and their son died. The ending, though, just about killed me. Those two words at the end- "Be happy"- break my heart every single time I read that part in New Moon. You did a really good job with this.
4/14/2010 c1 Shamatt0403
I should have made sure I had my tissues before I read it. Simply exquiste.
4/13/2010 c1 treasurecoast
Wow - this is so beautiful and heartbreaking. I loved watching their relationship unfold – how he brought her out and made her take a leap of faith. And although Bella’s angry and in pain from his death, at least she can never regret what they had. His last words to her just killed me.
4/8/2010 c1 sparklingreader
This is one of the most heart-breaking things I've read in ffn. Unlike a lot of what we see in fics, this feels real. What you've written actually happens to normal people - losing a parent, a child, and/or a spouse. I think that's why this is just so sad.

I really love how you gave us glimpses into their meeting, marriage, and then the heartbreak of losing their baby. I'm amazed at how drawn in I was to what was really just a skimming of their past. But you hit all the major milestones. And Edward was just so perfect - I loved his confidence and how he wore her down.

I could feel how Bella's outlook changed as their relationship progressed. And they had such a lovely relationship.

Bella's grief was heart-stopping and I cried for her. She's so lost and bereft. I'd like to think that she chose not to jump - that Edward's wishes and love were enough for her. But I'm not sure. And I love how you ended it because we really don't know... it's up to us to decide.

Fantastically written, beautiful prose, gorgeous imagery. You captured so much with only a few words. That speaks volumes about your writing. I can't wait to see what else you have done.
4/7/2010 c1 FeistyPalooka
Wow, I usually hate stories where Edward dies...but this was just so well written that I can't not love it! You probably could have pulled a whole story out of this but I have to say I am happy it was just a oneshot, I think I would have cried alot more if you had gone into more detail of their life together and then he died. So I'll stop rambling now and again awesome story!
4/1/2010 c1 CindyWindy
That was beautiful, Kate, and oh did it hurt as well. Thanks for sharing it.
4/1/2010 c1 mdf
you were right, that is sad.
3/30/2010 c1 2lisamichelle17
My, sweet, Kate. Thank you so much for writing this story. It was filled with so much love, hurt and anguish.

1) I loved how Bella and Edward met. The way that Bella was running late for her job and was in such a hurry that she spilled coffee on herself. Edward was the perfect gentleman.

2) The first date they went on was perfect. The kiss on the third date. The declaration of love on the fourth. Them getting married. I loved how you snuck in Alice as his sister even though you never said her name.

3) The way you described Edward touching her, loving her in the most intimate of ways. I loved his confidence. Asking her on a date upon meeting her. I almost wonder if he was also looking for the right woman to share his life with.

4) The heartbreak that they they felt when Bella lost their son. I loved how they comforted each other and when the time was right they decided to try again.

5) Then of course, the tragedy, that befell them. Edward dying in a car accident. I am happy though that Bella got to say good bye to him before he passed on.

6) The reality that he was no longer a part of her life anymore but that she could still sense that he was with her. I have come to believe that in this story they were soul mates. Inextricably tied to each other even in death. That he is still watching out for her (as alluded to me in the fact that she could hear him begging her not to end her life.)

Thank you so much for writing this. I enjoyed reading 3
3/28/2010 c1 5Legna989
Aw, man, you just had to go there, didn't you? You just had to go to that scene in New Moon that gets me every time.

Whether this was Edward's ghost or Bella's subconscious, I do believe that Edward would want nothing more than for Bella to be happy, even without him. The question here is what would make Bella happy. I think it was smart of you to end it there, so the reader is left wondering whether she jumps or tries to move on. Hm.

It's a good thing I own a box of tissues, too.

Thank you for writing.
3/28/2010 c1 mikachery
wow, that was a really good story!
84 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »