for Rest

1/12/2015 c1 Guest
So many emotions. Love this.
10/12/2013 c1 4Freya922
Heartrending. You captured the tragedy at so many points of Dean's life... Sob.
10/11/2013 c1 64Loopylou
Amazing. You have the boys down pat.
1/3/2012 c1 Nearly Nina
Oh... Oh owwww. This was traumatizing in its sadness, but then this is Dean we're talking about so I guess that's just par for the course. Loved the Bobby part.
4/27/2010 c1 Delurker
This made me cry. It's really lovely but so sad at the same time. Thank you!
4/5/2010 c1 4Ster1
Lovely job!

Poor Dean... *wibbles*
4/5/2010 c1 396Amberdreams
Bobby - Lovely to see how mute 4 year old Dean teases the warmth out of Bobby’s dead heart – those small trusting hands fisted in his shirt while they sleep. *sniff*

John - How sad that John only brings Dean peace by knocking him out….

Sam - After Hell – you have to love Sam for this – the only succour he can offer, and depriving himself of the ability to rest in return

Cas -Peace in the magic finger – maybe, at least for a little while. The mercy of an angel.

The End - Let’s hope not. Not that way. Or many tears will be shed. (And season 6 would be very difficult!)
4/5/2010 c1 redgriffin7
Wow, so the first one was really sweet (little Dean falling asleep curled up with Bobby), and then it all went downhill from there (Sam leaving and the night terrors)! I don't know how you can convey so much with just a few words.
4/4/2010 c1 16amyblair
These are all fantastic -

Love that you have Dean 'not talk'. Very interesting.

'Suppressed, repressed, twitching, and whimpering' Great, great lines!

The thought of Sam force 'feeding' Dean the alcohol is disturbing and yet fast paced and desperate.

Actually, I don't know. I think in Detroit, that Dean is going to say "Yes" first. And then Sam. I'm not sure what's going to happen - is Dean going to try to make some kind of a deal with Michael? Is he so far gone from his faith in God, himself and his brother that he maybe thinks that he can't save Sam and the only way he can kill him if he says Yes? I don't know, but I really think he's going to cave first. He's giving up, he's losing his fight and Sam is pumped right now. I think 'they' will go after the one losing hope.

Really great ficlet. Totally enjoyed it!
4/4/2010 c1 212DeansBabyBird
Hey hun.

Your words are few but powerful. You spare us little, expecting us to be strong enough to understand a little of their lives. Its rough and realistic, gutteral sometimes but underlyiing that there's an elegance, a restraint that I like.

Nicely done.

DeansBabyBird. x
4/3/2010 c1 47Scullspeare
Love the image of Bobby holding young Dean. Bobby is a perfect example of what I call ‘toasted marshallow’ guys – crusty on the outside, soft inside – and this illustrates that wonderfully.

Wow! Your take on the night Sam left for Stanford really packs a punch – pun intended!

“"You're drinking too much," he says cautiously, and Dean snorts derisively.

"No, Sam. I'm not drinking enough."

Sad, but so true of poor Dean post-Hell.

LOVED Dean lighting into Cas; I can just picture that perplexed expression on our favourite angel's face as Dean explodes. And the finger *snort* I would pay good money to see that resolution.

Wonderfully bittersweet moments from the tragic lives of the Winchesters.

Awesome job.

Cheers, Sculls
4/2/2010 c1 Sasajataka
WAH why is everyone being so mean to sam all of a sudden! actually i think we know why, we know, that no matter what happens, everything is going to work out for sammy and dean-since there's a sixth season and all :D haha. but still man- everythign INCLUDING CANON is all dean is depressed, dean doesn't know what to do, sam doesn't know what to do, dean and/or sam gives in, sam and/or gives in because the other one did, and what is with all the dying? :C i can't take it man! i'm delicate! grah, that said, beautiful moments, liked the bobby one best mos def. poor wee baby dean :C YOWZERS there is a depressing goin on in hur like none i ever seen afore- somewhow i can handle possible sam dean anhialation better in canon than i can in your stories dude, thats some kinda cool you got going on :D
4/2/2010 c1 moira4eku
Wow, each one was intense in its own way. Poor Dean, he really needs a rest now. Sniffle, sniffle...Last night's ep just about broke me.
4/2/2010 c1 pronto
Just exquisite, and the buildup across years, and with everyone in the mix, to that bleak, chilling ending with Michael being the last one to make Dean rest, is so compelling, Zat.

I like the subtle callout to what we may have learned in Dark Side of the Moon about John’s treatment of Dean when he was a child. My favorite line? “I am here and I will catch you, Dean.” Beautiful, and I like to think that is exactly what might have followed My Bloody Valentine…
4/2/2010 c1 Anne1013
You really know how to wring the emotions out of your characters. The first one was sweet and sad. Poor Dean, when Bobby passed out on him. He would have no idea what was happening. No wondered he cried himself to sleep on Bobby. Bobby holding Dean close in his sleep was so touching.

I am glad that Dean took his anger out on John in the second scene. No one deserves it more.

Again with the wringing in the third scene. Dean is truly a tortured soul. But so is Sam, to some degree here too. He is begining to understand, as much as he can, what Dean has been through. For him. Maybe he is feeling a little guilty too?

I have a thing going for Cas and I love the relationship he has with Dean. "I'm here, and I will catch you, Dean." Just made my heart go pitter patter.

I don't see Sam saying yes. (Maybe if the show had ended this year, but now? Not so much.) Will Dean say yes? He is so broken at this point in the game, I think he will. But I am hoping that he will pull some miracle out of the bag. He can't get much lower.

I think we all want Dean to be able to rest, the weight of the world no longer on his shoulders. Like Sam said, Dean has been cleaning up his Dad's messes for a long time. Dean deserves to rest. He has earned it.

This was beautifully done.

Anne