for An Angry Man

4/9/2010 c1 Mel Wagner
GREAT first chapter! Looking forward to reading more...
4/9/2010 c1 duramater
I really have no business starting a new fic b/c I have so many to get caught up on, DG included-but I saw your tweet and couldn't resist heading over. Great first chapter. I know you're not a writer by profession, but seriously girl, I feel like I'm right there with Edward. Your descriptions...so vivid, so detailed. From what I've read of DG, I know you do a thorough job of character development...and I know we won't be disappointed here.

Poor Edward. Not only was he involved in a horrible accident, it took the life of his sister. I am afraid this guilt will crush him. I can see him saying "what if" over and over again. I do hope he gets his hea at the end.
4/9/2010 c1 1322blue
Holy shit! You've been so quiet lately - is this why? Really, really good lovey. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!

Yes - I've been in an accident. High school - a bunch of us were in a van. It was a cargo-type van with actual furniture in the back. One minute we were driving along and the next the fan flipped over. No one seriously hurt, but I won't ever forget it.
4/9/2010 c1 4BilliCullen
oh I cant wait for more!

AND

I LOVE Evanescence!(not that that fact pertains to one damn thing but still...)

You are my hero Kate, fabulous writer and all around smut peddler! This one gonna have any smut? If not, it is ok since we always have Renward!

Love it! and honestly I am so excited to read where you take this and honored as always to be one of your pre-readers!
4/9/2010 c1 Navarre
Just fender benders.

Wow, what a beginning! I will be following this story along with DG&TM. I'm almost sick guessing who died. So I won't.

Look forward to more of your wonderful writing.
4/9/2010 c1 deenerneener
What a strong start! Your descriptions are vivid and almost nauseatingly realistic (of course, I've come to expect nothing less than that from you :D). Whenever I read a story about a really bad accident and the author, writing from the victim's perspective, indicates that the character feels numb or is otherwise mostly unaware of the extent of the pain, I always hope that it's true, fearing the possibility that I might end up in a horrific crash at some point and just be in sheer physical agony.

But I'm sure that nothing Edward felt physically matched the intensity of the emotional pain he felt when he learned his sister died in the crash.

Really looking forward to see how this story unfolds! (What a treat, to have 3 so very different stories of yours underway all at once!)

As for my own experience of car accidents, yes, I have been in a few. I was hit by a car when I was 6 or 7. I remember walking toward the T-intersection to cross (instead of having one of the firemen who worked at the fire station directly across from our apartment building watch me as my mommy had instructed me to do - they were all busy and I was too timid to walk into the firehouse to look for someone) and the next thing I knew, I awoke in a dark room and when I tried to move, I discovered I was tied down. This, more than any pain of the scalp lac and fractured collarbone I had, scared the bejeebers out of me and I started screaming. I was only in the hospital for two days, but it felt like an eternity. For years and years I swore I could still feel the place on the back of my head where the cut had been (not likely, really; I'd only had 2 stitches).

I was also struck once, riding my bike (at age 10); ended up with an egg-sized bruise on my left shin. The worst thing about that time was, I got a spanking when I got home because it took me longer to get back from the store with the groceries I'd been sent to get. My stepdad didn't care WHY I was late, just being late was not okay.

I've only had one major car accident where I was driving. Car in front of me on the freeway slammed on brakes without brake lights that I could discern and I only noticed at the last minute and tried to stop, turning to avoid hitting them directly and careeming off their rear bumper and into the center divider at near-freeway speed. It felt like I was moving in slow motion. Not only that, it felt as though there was someone or something in the car with me, protecting me. The airbag deployed and all that happened (besides virtually totalling my car and getting an irreparable rip in my favorite silk blouse) was that I ended up with a golfball-size bruise on the back of my left hand, from the air bag explosion. Something was definitely looking out for me that time.

It just occurred to me that I could read other people's reviews, to see their answers to your questions. Duh!

All the best.

D
4/9/2010 c1 PLEASE DELETE1
Yay! A new story to devour! Anyway, the beginning is intriguing. I would say that I was hoping it was Alice that died, because I never do like her, but I'm assuming that with the brown hair, it's not. But ah, well.

I've been in an accident. Li'l bastard was speeding. It was terrifying and if I had been hit a foot closer to the cab I would have been screwed. But, as it was, I only got a headache. Totalled the truck, though. I miss that truck.

Cheers!
4/9/2010 c1 enthusiast23
I didn't know that you are posting new story...Looking promising so let's give it a try :)
4/9/2010 c1 2Capricorn75
I really shouldn't read this, seeing as how I haven't gotten a chance to start DGTM yet. But I just couldn't stop myself from clicking the link in the email alert. You're like my own personal brand of her- aw, crap, that's just played out.

I really like your stories a lot, how 'bout that?
4/9/2010 c1 ecxe
oh deer:( was it alice, i wonder? i can't see edward recovering from this very easily at all.
4/9/2010 c1 vpg26
Looking forward to story!
4/9/2010 c1 mdf
so sad... hope it has a happy ending?
4/9/2010 c1 1jansails
Since the dead sister had brown hair, it can't be Alice who's well known for BLACK hair, or Rosalie who's well known for BLONDE hair.

So, we have a new character already dead!

Cue forbidding/serious music... Dum de dum dum

jansails/jan2
4/9/2010 c1 TessLouise
Your description of what Edward was physically going through in the aftermath of the crash was really well written.
4/9/2010 c1 Karandash86
wow, um, what a way to start a story! no pulling punches, no? i cannot wait for the next chapter! more! i want more! :)

you have such a way with description. it's like you are painting the picture in my head. "I had no idea how I'd ended up in this purgatory, this suspended state of blurred reality, strung somewhere in the gray area between wakefulness and sleep." - this is just wow.

i was in a wreck two years ago. a drunk driver hit me when i was driving home from a friends house. some stitches and a broken collarbone. not so bad but the collarbone HURT!

ni