for Alone at the Top

1/29/2016 c1 Spatha Sagrada
This was brilliantly executed.

Most stories involving Cyclonis never delve into her character development, she's usually treated as a totally evil person, a monster. No one takes the time to look at her for what she really is:
A young, misguided girl, clearly indoctrinated since childhood to believe in Cyclonian supremacy, an ideology that eventually drives her mad, as evidenced when she incinerated the Dark Ace.

She is a product of her environment, one filled with ideas of superiority, power lust, a severe lack of human interaction, and little affection; this results in her being deluded and even a bit insecure, as demonstrated in this piece. She has emotions, she's just spent most of her lifespan suppressing them. However, she's human, a social creature, and whether she likes it or not, she craves that sort of companionship. I always wished the show had displayed this side of her more often.

A great character study and an excellent read. You definitely succeeded in your goal to accurately portray her, and you have a solid grasp of her character.
12/8/2014 c1 Scorpius
I think you should carry on, yet try making an unexpected turn, maybe, an odd choice of partner, perhaps? Just a suggestion :P
5/15/2011 c1 Guest
It was simply perfect it really tugged at my heart strings
3/10/2011 c1 bladedfanfighter
Man, did I love this. I would be thrilled if you expanded the piece into a two shot. Brilliantly portrayed, and had me right there in Cyclonis' place. Exemplary.
1/4/2011 c1 RandomReviewer
Your writing is amazing! I think this story and portray of Cyclonis was great, If you continue with it that be really cool. I hope you do because I would surely read it. I like how you broke up what she was saying when she was saying she didn't need friends and all that and adding paragraphs giving that description really added to it. Hope to see more -Random
12/18/2010 c1 live-for
Okay, so I just read your one shot, and I have to say...it was AMAZING

You used wonderful descriptions and I could picture Cyclonis having this kind of reaction. You stayed within her character. Very well done! Great one-shot! :3

Although, I'm interested in what will happen in the two-parter, if you write it.
7/1/2010 c1 Daemon RISEN
This made me sad. And it seems quite realistic, actually. I mean, no matter who you are, you still have feelings. Even if you don't want to.
5/20/2010 c1 6TheAngel'sWings
I love it. *Love* it.

I particularly loved the way the machinery noises were described as a symphony (actually, just that entire extended metaphor), and the way you describe everything. Just occasionally, it feels like there's a tiny bit too much description, but it's done so masterfully that it's not really a problem.

You even taught me a new word or two - that hasn't happened in a while .

Anyway, I can't think of anything more to say other than that this is a beautiful, masterful, breathtaking piece, and I'm favouriting it.

^_^

~TheAngel'sWings
4/18/2010 c1 StormWriter18
Oh and one thing I forgot to mention: at one point you describe Cyclonis' eyes as azure (deep blue?). Just a little thing :)
4/18/2010 c1 6StormWriter18
Oh I deeply liked this. You're writing is wonderfully descriptive and I admit I had to run to the dictionary a few times. It sucks that we never really Cyclonis' reaction at the end of "Best Friends Forever" . I think you captured her perfectly.
4/18/2010 c1 49WhispertheWolf
Wow. Nice work! You captured Master Cyclonis beautifully.

This is nice piece as a oneshot and think it would be perfect in remaining as one. However, I am curious to see what you have in mind for the second part of this possible two-parter. If you write it, I'll review it!
4/17/2010 c1 Without Reprieve
OMG ANGST! XDXDXD

But seriously, awesome job. That's the ruler of Cyclonia we all like to exploit! :3 And she stayed in character just fine. :3
4/17/2010 c1 6Warrior of Virtue
Very nice. I would be interested to see this continued.