for Power

2/5/2020 c1 SonofSet
Thanks for sharing this story with us.
11/9/2018 c1 1gabelou1991
J'aime.
1/20/2018 c1 Yo
I have to say that I love the whole 'rot' conversation. It's succinct, self-explanatory, and feels organic.

Also, I love all your fics :3
3/19/2016 c1 DataGambl94
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, god yes.

Another crappy cliche thrown into the pyre.

The beautiful, beautiful pyre.
2/14/2016 c1 Rasengalia
I'd like to see this continued
7/6/2015 c1 darridle
much better and logical for ninjas then canon, me likes _
7/1/2015 c1 1RykOakwine
The only thing good about the banishment plot line is that it is impossible in canon. Like many fan developed the-village-acts-idiotic-in-its-policies-toward-Naruto ideas this story relies entirely upon the plot device of a village council, especially a civilian council.

Nothing of the sort existed in canon. There wasn't even a ninja council, much less a civilian council with real authority or power.

Translations do terrible things to fan perceptions. The word for Hiruzen Sarutobi's two advisors from his youth, who advice and assist Sarutobi in running the village, is most commonly translated as "councilor". And it's an accurate translation, though "advisor" would have been a better choice of word.

I say better, because using the word "councilor" for his two old teammates gave the impression to fans that there was a council upon which those councilors sat.

In truth they were not councilors as in "those who sit in a council" but councilors as in "those who offer advise and council".

Seriously. The title "councilor" for these two old advisors is the ONLY canon reference that was used by fans to generate the vast piles of crappy "the evil village council did xyz against (Naruto/Anko/whoever)" stories.

THERE IS NO VILLAGE COUNCIL, MUCH LESS A CIVILIAN COUNCIL.
5/17/2015 c1 a.vago
Thanks for this great flick
10/8/2014 c1 28Kairan1979
I agree that your story makes much more sense than 'banishment' storyline.
8/25/2014 c1 3Deathmvp
Great work on this one shot here. I loved how you did this story.
8/12/2014 c1 jp0625
I hate this storyline myself. Ninja are mercenaries that sell their loyalty to the highest bidder. They lie, cheat, seduce, kill, etc they use everything at their disposal to fulfill a contract. Thusly, How does it make sense for the ninja to hate their version of a nuclear warhead? I can see civilians being ignorant, but they would never sway the military to give up such a weapon.

This oneshot is more plausible than this whole genre of fics Ive seen.
7/22/2014 c1 1UltimateGrr
The whole banishment cliché doesn't make a lick of sense when you think about it. Nor does the "normal childhood" thing. Naruto is a living WMD. You do not toss those away, and you train the shit out of them because you and everyone you've ever met may have your life depend upon his skills one day.
5/23/2014 c1 4Kmon13
This one was well done and showed what should have been done long ago... RB

I'm going to see what else I haven't seen yet
4/26/2014 c1 Quevar79
i finally noticed in your an that you thought there wasn't anything recyclable in this oneshot i would have to say that i see it differently this could be the start of a really good au where naruto acually gets help and respect from konoha with alot of problems solved just by having the civ council gone otherwise nice oneshot
12/18/2013 c1 1scout360pyro
Nicely done; though a bit of a shame you can't continue this. Honestly I think doing so would be rather challenging, as you have deftly applied occoms razor to the issue of the village council hating Naruto. That sort of eliminates a very useful plot device.
79 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »