for Lead Me Home

9/27/2018 c5 previouslyjade
I think the quick mood change is good. It creates empathy for Hiccup because we feel it along with him
11/9/2016 c10 11Queen Bovine
I really like these! There's some very heartwarming character interactions, and I can totally accept a lot of these headcanons. I know it's really old, but I'm going to stick on a follow just in case.
10/23/2013 c3 85Book girl fan
I don't remember what I had for dinner, but I had porridge for breakfast! Sorry, it's mid morning here, dinner isn't exactly on my mind.
7/5/2012 c3 Pinnatus
I really like this chapter. It's fun to read pre-canon stories and I like how you took the "first day at the forge" angle. Even though it was short, I think it was creative, captivating and well written.

The other stories in here are also very good. I wanted to review this one because I love this topic. Great work! Favorited!
8/13/2011 c10 16aecul
Sorry this review is so late!

I'm probably just dense from lack of sleep right now but I'm not sure exactly what's going on in this chapter, as far as why Ruff's upset.

But this was beautiful. I love, love, love friendship stories.

"She was dusty and scratched from tearing through the forest. One pigtail had been ripped loose after getting snagged on a branch. Kinks of golden hair bobbed against her cheek as she looked sourly down at Astrid."

These description sentences are stunning. I especially liked the part about her 'looking sourly down.' I can completely picture that image.

Amazing job, as always. :) Your drabbles never cease to pleasantly surprise me. They have such variety.
7/20/2011 c9 aecul
Lol, cute. I never really shipped the other kids (Hiccup and Astrid were just a given) but this was fun to read. Oh Fishlegs. XD I liked the part where he was imagining different scenarios.

Fun idea. Great job. :D
7/18/2011 c9 SBS
Hiccup comes down with food poisoning after an argument with Stoic. Stoic, now guilty beyond belief, attempts to take care of him, but Toothless is adament about helping him instead. Eventually, the two must put aside their differences and work as one to nurse Hiccup back to health!

Please write this story for me, PLEASE!
7/18/2011 c9 brwainer
hmm... I didn't quite get the ending there. Did Ruffnut understand that he liked her perfume, but played it off as if Tuffnut had burnt his fish or farted or something like that? That's the only logical conclusion I can come to. Other than that, I agree, not my favorite couple, but still fun to read. Good chapter.
7/14/2011 c8 aecul
Cute! Oh my goodness, that was just adorable. Gobber and Stoick were wonderful and I can completely picture them as young guys with so many dreams.

I think this is my favorite chapter after The Universe is My Country. ^ ^ I loved the ending especially, where Stoick is picturing his future in that house. Beautiful job.
7/14/2011 c7 aecul
Aww, sad.

Stoick was sweet.

"Now that Stoick no longer had the welfare of the village weighing on him, he laughed more. It was a welcome sound that Hiccup was always glad to hear."

I really liked that part.

This reminds me of my grandparents...it's hard to see them getting older.

I also loved the "You were always a good boy, Hiccup," at the end. Once I stayed at my grandparents' house and my grandma told me all about when she was little...I think it was important to her that someone knew.

Anyway...I don't know what to say about this story, other than that it was really good. You touch on a lot of hard subjects in your oneshots and do a good job with them.
7/13/2011 c8 brwainer
Igonre my last review then, it is just a collection of one-shots.

A very nice collection of excellent one-shots, that is.

For some reason, I have a feeling that the chief's house would have survived longer that others, as its place on the hill is far away from the sheep and fish that the dragons are trying to steal.

Could you do a one-shot about Snotlout as a child? it seems like an interesting POV.
7/13/2011 c7 17Annabeth The Unicorn
Aw! I adore this story! Do update soon, I can't wait!
7/13/2011 c7 brwainer
You're description is "a collection of one-shots" - I'd prefer to think of it as a story that skips a few years every few chapters.

I like the realism in your stories, how Viking life was hard and sad. That's a side we didn't see much in the movie, and I don't see much in other author's writing. It's a welcome change, and you've done a great job of it.

What happened to your "multi-chaptered fic tentatively titled Taken" that you mentioned in chapter 2? If it's How To Train Your Dragon, I'd be willing to beta/proofread for you, if you still want/need someone to do it. Send me a PM either way, please.
7/12/2011 c6 Annabeth The Unicorn
Maybe I the introduce Camicazi, there will be the Astrid-Hiccup-Cami love triangle...
7/12/2011 c6 16aecul
I guess that's the downside of learning sign language, there's no way to write it so people can't read over my shoulder. XD It's cool that you can write stuff in Japanese too. (But yeah, lol, I probably wouldn't have known what to do with it if you posted a chapter like that. :) ).

This was really sad. It felt very real and heartfelt, and I think it flowed okay too. Wow...so sad. Especially how Astrid was apologizing. The italics added to it too; usually they convey a memory or a dream or something and I think in a situation like this the parents would probably feel like they were in the middle of a terrible dream.

Lovely job with this chapter.
45 Page 1 .. Last Next »