for The Last Spartan

1/13 c1 Ozymandias42
Let this comment be a warning to all like minded people that like skimming comments before committing to reading a story.

The writing style might be good as others have pointed out but the way everything that makes the Halo Humanity the Halo Humanity, so blatantly forced out, just so that it is more Mass Effect and the power is not hopelessly on the side of the Halo Humanity, is stupid.

Giving up AI and Slipspace as well as downsizing are the too single most stupid things. Especially with how obvious the dependence on the Mass Relays becomes doing this. The UNSC would have NEVER agreed to that.

It is more than obvious that total reliance on Element Zero restricts the distance species can settle from the Mass Relays. As such their strategic importance should have been immediately utterly clear as should have the NEED to keep Slipspace to counter that very dependency on them. As utter reliance on Eezo makes a last effort destruction of a relay unfeasible for it would lock in the colony into that system.

If that wasn't enough knowing the Forerunners ability to build whole WORLDS, to engineer SPECIES it is completely illogical to give all of that up for an so obviously inferior tech as Eezo based tech.

ONI or whatever successor there may have been would have immediately noticed the restrictions on gene-mods, AI and Fleet size and technology as immediately suspicious deep red flags.

As such this story would have done better with an alternate reality premise or a second humanity as other fanfics do.

All in all: 3 chapters in. Not worth my time. At least not on that premise. Not with that many logical problems in the premise.
12/26/2021 c9 Guest
So nobody bothered to react to some nutjob shooting in the middle of the presidium? Weird.

Also the manner of Tali's joining is generally silly and nonsensical, author. As is Wrex's. And Garrus' (why was he sure enough to quit his job before even asking?). This whole chapter needs a rewrite to fix all those, the Chief you've been portraying until now is too xenophobic to accept them this easily.
12/25/2021 c5 Guest
Your Chief seems a shoe in for Cerberus, author. Assuming Cerberus exists.
12/6/2021 c6 Guest
His helmet is always recording though, it wouldn't show enough evidence but it'll show that him arriving too late to save Nihilus and the grunt saying Sarens name should warrant it. Because John and anybody that was there shouldn't or even remotely know who tf Saren is.
12/5/2021 c55 Son Joe
Hope more chapters will come out soon. Also, I hope we can get Tali X Chief ship. Kinda like it, plus they're similar in ways.
11/27/2021 c1 ironhair
Reading
11/21/2021 c55 Zabuza Momichi23
i would love to see more chapters
11/21/2021 c52 Zabuza Momichi23
thanks for the ride so far man. was a great read. just wished you would have finished it.
11/5/2021 c12 1Ray SK
I know repeat review

so to any who want to get into this some things to know

this is not a proper halo mass effect mash up all halo elements are basically written over to stay roughly in mass effect cannon

if you are a lover of halo I suggest you don't read or skip the first 5 or 6 chapter. the writing is amazing but learning of how the unsc and covenant play bitch is kinda disheartening and completely against halo cannon

here's a short run down

unsc gives up smart ai

halo universe gives up slip space

they also miniaturized and weaken all their ships

I will say tho that the writing is top notch once I skipped any mentions of the old unsc or covenant and their "heresyI was laughing my ass off the author can write

my only suggestion is to better describe in the description what this is itsmass effect with halo characters) that's all it is even the forruners become side notes hell the flood is treated as a trainer

yes the same flood that bought ancient humanity and the forunners to extintion

long story short if you love mass effect and don't care for halo

or can forget halo cannon the stories a great laugh and the writing is great
10/29/2021 c36 Arashi Uzukaze
I don't see the chief in anything but a Mjolnir armor set.
10/29/2021 c28 Arashi Uzukaze
Of course the Flood is still alive. Pulling the goddarn Family Guy Chicken ruse.
10/7/2021 c7 RyuuyaOoguro
here's my like, take it, for that wonderful old spice commercial.
9/13/2021 c6 2Mirrors Cracked And Broken
sadly can't block a fic on mobile...
9/13/2021 c5 Mirrors Cracked And Broken
far too talktative, big nope.
9/13/2021 c3 Mirrors Cracked And Broken
kinetic... not blocking plasma... I'm not seeing the benefits. I'd much rather have my shitty 10-shot shield with armor that definitely blocks out most bullets than an only kinetic barrier. ugh.
4,004 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »