for Reluctant Hero

5/25/2010 c4 Cade Mistral
Poor Zuko...

Nice chappie, very emotional for poor Zuko.

Hope you update soon.
5/24/2010 c4 Hell Changer
That's indeed something you have to run for. I mean, it could change their chances in the war drastic.
5/24/2010 c4 Kiomori
I loved the conversation between Iroh and Zuko. They really seemed close, and Iroh really showed that he cared.

The bit about the waterbender surprised me. I wonder how he found out...? That doesn't sound good now, unless the Tribe decides to take Zuko's side. Oh boy...

I can't wait!
5/24/2010 c4 4The Beckster
You've done it again! You've gotten my hooked again. I don't know how you do it, but you do.

I never really got into Avatar when it was on TV, my little brother did and when he watched it I did but that's about it, but you've got me so hooked. I'm interesting to see how this story will turn out.

-Becks
5/24/2010 c4 thepenultimatefailure
Great chapter! The scenes between Iroh and Zuko well crafted and expressive. The overall feeling of the story so far is professional without being stiff. Off topic, about the plans to head to the earth kingdom for Zuko's bending training; in the show they say "The avatar has to learn the elements in order" since Zuko is a fire bender, that would mean he has to learn Air, Water, and then Earth; if you're following the show that is. I'm just curious how Zuko will learn airbending...Sorry if this didn't make much sense, anyways, thank you for writing this story, keep up the good work.
5/24/2010 c4 10PastaSentient
Amazing, you have captured Zuko and Iroh's characters perfectly in this chapter. Oh and have you read Zuko's Story yet? It is out at barnes and nobles. It is kind of short but definitely worth the read. Ican't wait for the movie!
5/24/2010 c4 13Densharr
That's more like Prince Zuko... first, try to rationalize his suicide attempt (I'm reclaiming my honor!), then, when you finally realize that there's nothing you can do, let it out in one burst and ignore that it ever happened. Only one problem for me, here, really - doesn't the Avatar have to learn the elements in order? I mean, when Aang tried to learn firebendng early, it didn't work. So wouldn't Zuko have to master airbending before he started on water/earthbending? Keep up the great work, can't wait for the next chapter!
5/23/2010 c3 3Blume
I never actually though what the Northern tribe did for the war, maybe it came out on the show and I missed it... ? oh well...^^;

so now I'm almso tsure none in that ship will ever hurt zuko, htat leaves me kinda relieved, since they' have to fight with claws and teeth to keep him away from the northern tribe warrior who would no doubt rush in to try and 'rescue' the avatar.

oh boy would that be an interesting fight...

it kidna makes sense that other nations would try to 'acquire' the avatar, shape him up, convince them of their rspective political needs...
5/23/2010 c2 Blume
Rather then beign worried about what his father would do once (if?) he fins out, I'd be more concerned with the crew of fire bender who have ALREADY find out...

But that's teenagers for you, they never see the big picture.

but realy, it was well played. anyoen woudl freak out upon recieving such news I guess. Plus I love the fact Iroh is so supportive of hsi distressed nephew, I suppose Zuko hardly ever lets him.

And I'm also happy Lt Jee agrees with Iroh... I kinda always assumed they were a thight group, what with them having music night and all.

and yeah, the'd probably have to engage in a small war! ;P
5/23/2010 c1 Blume
What?

are you kiddin me? Zuko? really?

I ussually don't read ATLA fanfics (must of the tiem they tend to be shameless attempts of romance) but the ones I DO read tend to be quite awesome!

=D

so I'm hooked now, you say Aang is going to appear like an old man? but then how did the other appeared? and what could we say about the other two avatars?... not sure but the idea of their epitaphs keeps popping into my mind:

Avatar Aoka,

battled sea whales and fire benders.

Died of a flower allergie.

Avatar Toshi, had a funny name,

ran the Ba Sing Se marathorn 32 times straight

Slipped on his bathtub and broke his neck.

;P

Just kiddin' but I'll leave now and read the second instalment!
5/20/2010 c3 toby
great

what is the first bending art he need to leran.

I hope he hook-up with a girl.
5/19/2010 c3 Sakura117
Love the story and love the idea behind it (Zuko as the avatar)Good piece of writing too. Please continue soon :)
5/18/2010 c3 19keeperofcoldtoes
Thanks for making this! When my author alert informed me of the story's creation and I read it, it made me fall back into my "Avatar-madness". This meaning that the next weeks/monthes will be spent dedicating my time to Avatar related subjects (fanart, fanfiction, re-watching episodes, etc.). So far it's been utterly exhausting. Whenever I get into my obessesive cycles, I forgoe everything I can in order to satiate my inquenchable desire (sleep? Ha! I need no sleep, not while I have Avatar! XD ). I shall spend the time enjoying myself as much as I can, though. I love your work. Each piece always becomes something incredible and so I shall read your story diligently. If this story was printed on paper, I would be gripping the pages tightly in wild trepidation, anxiously waiting for the next word to be realized and understood to further the story.
5/18/2010 c3 fourfourfourfour
Sound like someone needs a hug, Zuko! :D

Maybe this is just me being a drama queen, but I can't help but worry that the next thing Zuko will do in the next chapter is try to commit sucide or something extreme like that.
5/18/2010 c2 Kiomori
This looks interesting so far! Hopefully it isn't a copy of what Aang does, but with Zuko being so different, I bet it won't be!

I feel bad for the guy now though...I bet it will be hard to accept it.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens now!
2,458 « Prev Page 1 .. 152 159 160 161 162 163 .. Last Next »