for Your Hand in Mine

4/2 c34 Guest
I really like how Haley is supportive of Nathan, but at the same time, knows her limit because she doesn't want to hurt Sam.
However, I didn't really like the scene with Peyton 100%. Yes, Nathan could've used a push, but I feel like Peyton just invalidated Nathan's pain by bringing up Haley's. Don't get me wrong, I love how strong Haley was with her situation and I know she went through a lot, but Nathan is going through a lot as well. He feels guilty and his entire self worth is altered. I feel like Peyton is overly focused in Haley (as she should since their best friends), but she's not understanding Nathan's pain. Nathan has been near perfect until the accident and she's acting like he's completely in the wrong.
4/25/2017 c61 moncheleaddict
Hi! I have to say that this story is the best story I've ever read. So well planed and written, thank you for this ️
9/25/2016 c61 Guest
Ok final review- it's long and filled with criticism and compliments, both.
The bad:
I've pretty much said in previous reviews the things I really didn't like, so no need to rehash in detail. Quickly, I really don't like that Nathan had his career and dream taken from him for seemingly no reason. You mentioned in notes that you thought it was the right thing to do and I can't figure out any reason why. I was also dead on when I predicted they would end up in tree hill with him as a Ravens coach while Haley kept her career. It's totally cliche and to me, I would like to see something new.

I also didn't like as I've mentioned prior that Peyton went to Nathan in his depression and especially that she physically hit him. It was unnecessary and out of line by far. I thought in general that Brooke and Peyton but particularly Peyton overstepped boundaries. I get its hard because they have a special relationship and that they have this huge past. But just like with kids and parents at some point you have to let them go and quit being over involved. It was necessary for them to be so close in the past and now it's time for them to have a normal healthy friendship with Nathan and Haley having more privacy. I saw that more at the end, so that was a step.

The good:
I thought some of your inner monologues and thoughts were extremely well written and thought out. I'm one who goes for more of a deep story emotionally and you did great making all the right connections there. Even though there were many times in the story I was unhappy with something your pure writing skill kept me coming back and needing to see how it all worked out.

I don't have any idea what your personal view points are or what you were going for, but the story without question has a huge pro-life message. Which is great for me, because that's my personal belief. I read so many stories that try and justify the idea of abortion and it's just a nice change of pace to see something else. I thought you put it so well when you wrote that Haley didn't want to hold an innocent baby responsible for the rapist's actions. That hits the nail on the head. The epilogue was great at articulating how her baby wasn't here because of rape. She could've easily aborted him but he is here and alive because he was loved and wanted by his mother, plain and simple. Love in its purest form is simply selflessness. Putting another person's well being ahead of your own, time and again. You showed that in both how Haley loved Sam and later how Nathan loved Haley. The message was beautiful and also ballsy in today's political climate. I'm glad to see someone write it and I'm glad to have spent a few days reading it.
9/23/2016 c34 Guest
Nathan goes through something life altering and he's not good after only 5 weeks and he gets bitch slapped. Haley goes through something awful and is not 100% after five YEARS and she gets nothing but patience and praise. That's truly insane.
9/23/2016 c34 Guest
Seriously? Omg. Peyton repeatedly slapping him is so ridiculous. Not her place in the slightest. Secondly, now Nathan is supposed to get better because someone told him about how what happened to Haley was worse right? I can't handle anymore poor Haley. I really can't. I get that the subject matter dealing with her is serious but it's been over 30 chapters of either "poor Haley" or "amazing Haley." Nathan needs to find his own way back to himself and it's so over dramatic that you are talking another opportunity to make Haley look perfect in order to do that. I don't think I can even finish.
9/23/2016 c33 Guest
Just a note: finding something new that he can be great at, should be better than a washed up high school coach. At least in the show he got to embark on a new career that he could love and make a good living. It's just so egregiously unfair that so many writers on this site give him nothing more than "coaching the Ravens."
9/23/2016 c28 Guest
"It's not like it's the last game I will ever play."
Oh man, what a jinx. That line was too timely placed. I can feel it, his career is about to go somehow down the crapper. Which by the way, if it does, makes me sad because why does every story seem to allow Haley all the success in the world and somehow all Nathan ever ends up doing is coaching the Ravens? Why can't he just succeed too? I have a bad feeling!
9/22/2016 c9 Guest
I'm really starting to like this. Particularly this chapter where we have been having the chance to get more inside Haley's head. I think it's important to see where she's at with all of this and understand the mental motivation for her shut down attitude before. I like the direction we are in.
9/21/2016 c6 Guest
I'm just going to be honest, I really dislike stories where one person is doing all the work, taking all the blame, having all the feelings, doing all the chasing. It's just not very romantic and runs the risk of crossing a line where one half of your couple looks pathetic. Truthfully, I'm worried you are already headed there with Nathan and that's a shame. Especially because he had nothing to apologize about when it comes to what happened at the concert. Nothing. That's her own insecurity and if he wants to apologize that's great, but she should've known that was above and beyond not what she was owed.

Still, I'm going to continue reading because your actual writing skill is very good and it's way above average for an amateur writer. I'm drawn in regardless by your great writing style. But it's still likely going to be a problem for me going forward in this story. I apologize in advance for my frustrations... I'm off to continue reading!
9/21/2016 c4 Guest
I get that she's trying to protect herself and has more emotional baggage than we can imagine, but still I think she was overly rude when it came to how she handled what happened in front of Sam. Plus, it's been 5 years and she's been in counseling I would at least have expected her to have a little more couth when it comes to how she handles the situation.
7/8/2016 c61 prettylittlefantasies
I was super late jumping on the OTH train, but once I did I was hooked instantly! I finished the series in 2 1/2 months. I've been reading OTH fanfiction for a little while, but this story is seriously the best one I have read thus far. It was unique from the original show and yet still incorporated important aspects, which I thought was really cool! I will definitely save this story in my favorites and come back to it from time to time :)
3/30/2016 c14 Guest
I for hooked while reading Chapter 1 i had been crying in the succeding chapters but this one really made me cry buckets. You are a natural story teller.
2/3/2016 c61 9meg121186
I've spent the last year reading fanfiction after fanfiction. I haven't found a lot of One Tree Hill ones that really grabbed my attention until now. I just spent all day reading this. I love it. I love that while an AU you kept a lot of stuff from the show. Great job!
5/5/2015 c61 3Marauderette96
This was written so well, you should be really proud of yourself. The rape was talked about realistically and sensitively and you managed to find the line between making it important but not the central aspect of the story. Honestly, it was brilliant and I was hooked from start to finish!
11/21/2014 c61 3BeBeSantos
I started reading this story since it was in the beginning I think, it's been over 3 years already! I decided to read it again, and didn't regret it! It is such an amazing story, so powerful!

just felt like telling you that, I could read it 20 times, and would finish it as emotional as I am right now! thanks for sharing this!
945 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »