for Gone Tomorrow

9/7/2010 c5 10Piceron
I really like how you portray Zevran here. I can almost see him trying to be the cool assassin, but he has been changed by his time with Solona.

The use of the story to tie together Solona and Zev's parts was nicely done.

I was glad to see the update and I'll be watching for more.
9/7/2010 c5 5Vshard
You know, you're actually making me prefer Zev to Alistair now and that is a bit of a feat. Like one of the other reviewers mentioned, the parallel you had in here is really nice and just ties everything together smoothly - adding depth without being just a boring recall of the past.

The new elements you added here corrected my concerns and then some so really good job. I think this was my favorite part overlal though ;) "Something in that moment had made him feel worthwhile, powerful in a way that watching the life drain from a target never had."
9/6/2010 c5 11Nightsfury
I think the fight scene worked quite well. And I like the parallel between Gabrial and Solona when Zev tells his story.
9/5/2010 c5 105mille libri
It came out so well! Your writing is really beautiful - so glad you got the chapter up!
9/5/2010 c5 4TanithAeyrs
The story was a wonderful way to tie things together, I enjoyed the connection it made between Solona and Zevran, between the past and the present.

Tanith
7/6/2010 c4 4kiwibliss
I like the direction that this is heading in ;). I also can't help but admire your Solona while she stubbornly sticks to her path.
7/6/2010 c3 kiwibliss
"They were standing very close, shouting at one another, and his hair had begun to come loose, framing his flushed cheeks. Something in her body reacted to it, the sight of him slightly out of control, and she could see from the flash in his eyes that her reaction hadn't gone unnoticed. Her breath caught as he moved even closer, and she lifted a hand, suddenly needing to know how that pale hair would feel under her fingers. Then Alistair was there, demanding to know what was happening, and Zevran snatched his dagger from her hand and stalked away."

I loved all of the flashback, but that in particular was my favorite part. You have a way with building tension between the two that doesn't lead you to believe that the feelings are purely sexual in nature; it lends itself to something deeper.

The pacing is excellent so far. I'm hoping that they'll bump into each other again soon, either by design or by fate.
7/6/2010 c2 kiwibliss
I love the contrast between the two, both alone by choice, but one far more alone than the other by design. Anders and Solona seem to have a warm friendship, and it's good to see that she hasn't simply flung herself into the arms of the nearest willing partner to get over things. It says a lot about her character, to say the least.

You've captured Zevran very well here. He's reluctant to deal with his emotions and try to escape them by any means possible, though in the end he's forced to confront them, at least to an extent. It's always fascinating to read his though processes, how he goes about rationalizing his actions and reactions.
7/6/2010 c1 kiwibliss
This is really beautiful; it's hard to believe that I missed it originally. Zevran and angst just seem to go hand in hand, don't they? You treat him fairly here, not relegating him to second choice, as it sometimes happens in Ali/Warden/Zevran triangles. I do feel the urge to smack him for leaving, however, but I'll read the ensuing chapters and give him some time instead ;).
6/29/2010 c4 5Vshard
Nice. Like the changes you've made :)
6/29/2010 c4 10Piceron
I liked how Varel maneuvered her into not going to Denerim. Very slick on his part. I'll be waiting to find out about the mysterious ship and what Zev does with Gabriel
6/28/2010 c4 11Nightsfury
Ah, I like the twist at the end. I'm enjoying this very much.
6/28/2010 c4 105mille libri
Go get him, Solona! Can't wait for the next installment!
6/17/2010 c3 10Piceron
I enjoyed this a lot. You write Zevran well. I'll be watching for an update!
6/14/2010 c3 29Zute
Very mysterious! I can't wait to read an update. :)
33 Page 1 .. Last Next »