for The Island of Dr Drakken

2/6/2011 c5 25Lorien Urbani
This was a great, very enjoyable chapter to read!

It felt really nice to read about Yori's and Ron's conversation at first, but then Drakken ruined it with his nasty suggestion. I loved Ron's reaction. In fact, I like his principles and bravery a lot.

You portray Drakken really well. He is both intelligent and cruel, evil and quite a bit sinister, too. He just loves his experiments and to torture, it seems.

The final part with Ron and Drakken was really good and quite scary! I can only wonder how Ron will get away with it. It's been so long since I read the original, so I've forgotten many things, which is good, because I get to be surprised.

Great job!

Definitely looking forward to reading more!
1/31/2011 c5 4CajunBear73
Oh boy, Ron's going down a bad road he probably won't come back from...
10/15/2010 c4 25Lorien Urbani
I really enjoyed Ron's conversation with the doctor. Ron was appropriately shocked, just as any normal person would be, and the doctor insisted with his own theories, clearly stemming from his God-complex. His "issues" make him a very scary person. Instead of trying to heal people, he creates them - from animals. Makes one shiver.

I really liked the doctor's last spoken line, "Sleep well." I thought: "Are you kidding me?" It sounded like sarcasm and confidence combined. In his mind, what he's doing is right and justifiable. Eek!

Great update!
10/11/2010 c4 4CajunBear73
Looks like the crap's about to hit the fan from both ends of this tunnel.

CB73
8/8/2010 c1 39Andrea Churchill
i love love love this! I'm a HUGE fan of the island of dr. moreau and kp, so this is a real treat! i love the duff killigan touch. it surprises me how i'm able to read his speech without translation. lol! you characterise everyone real well. its very intense and definitely a story to remember!
8/4/2010 c3 25Lorien Urbani
That was so creepy! If that was your goal, you definitely succeeded. I really liked this chapter! The beginning was scary and mysterious, since I did not know what took Ron under the water and wounded him in the process. And then, Ron's discovery - half people, half animals. That was really well made, it seemed almost surreal, especially when the...creatures all chanted in unison, ARE WE NOT MEN? That was really well written and really scary.

I am looking forward to reading more.
8/1/2010 c3 4CajunBear73
Ron's entering a twilight zone he never imagined.
6/23/2010 c2 25Lorien Urbani
Oh, this is great! I love the allusions to the original and your fresh take on the story. You're great with creating an atmosphere of mystery, but none of his questions are answered; all of them are pleasantly discarded by the inhabitants of the island. I see Ron has started to settle in, which is good...I think.;) I mean, better to settle in than hate something all the time, right?

The ending, eek! A cliffie? You meanie.;) No, great ending. Makes me look forward to the next chapter! I want to know just what exactly dragged Ron into the water.

Keep it up this way!
6/22/2010 c1 4Uncanny12
I love H.G. Well's and right now im loving this story! Great Job!
5/23/2010 c1 25Lorien Urbani
Thanks for the compliment, haha. I'm just glad I could help.

So, I know very little about the Kim Possible fandom, but I do have some recollection of the creepy tale about the even creepier Dr Moreau, hehe, so I'm not too lost as a reader. So far, I really liked this. It's very faithful to Wells' story. I'm glad Ron met Dr Drakken (Dr Moreau) at the end of the chapter. This promises some very cool chapter in the future. I feel sorry for those animals, though...But I can't wait to read how you will write the story with Kim Possible characters. I liked the Captain, too. He sounds like a typical sea captain, especially with his thick Scottish accent. In context, he sounds really entertaining.

Keep it up!
5/23/2010 c1 46PengyChan
My first thought when I noticed this fic was "ohh, a KP version of 'The Island of Dr. Moreau'! Shiny!"

Then I began reading, and I definitely wasn't disappointed. I really like this chapter, it's well-written (hadn't you stated it yourself, I wouldn't have guessed you're not a native English speaker) and each character is just great in the role you chose for them. I also like it how you kept some specific traits of KP, such as Ron's fear of monkeys. Great job, I can't wait to read the rest!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service