for A Different Story

7/30/2013 c1 6Daisy1966
Wow...this story's immediately taken my breath away when I started reading. Every single gesture of both Mac and Stella as well as the description about the weather and surroundings is breathtaking and allowed me to be a part of this story.

'The touch, a gesture of his concern, warmed her even more than the heated interior and she in turn eased his worries with a faint smile, assuring him she was all right.' - this line is brilliant! That shows how much his presence warmed her and she appreciated it. You described Stella's thoughts so well from on Mac to on her dress and the planned evening that I can clearly feel her disappointment and annoyance to herself.

'I'm more concerned that you've technically just been in a car accident and are sitting there in soaking wet clothes.' The fact that his usual concern for the rules had been disregarded in favour of her safety both pleased and flustered her. - This line melted my heart. That Mac is worried about her more than anything is so apparent! :) And the small humor you put in this has a great effect on alleviate some of the tension between Mac and Stella.

There are so many wonderful scenes and moments that I can't choose which scene is my favorite, but one of my favorite scenes is definitely this: It was the solitude that had disturbed her most and made her realise just how alone she was; how far from the certainties of civilisation she was. In the city, she knew she could fight, because she knew what there was to fight, but out here, that surety had disappeared. The moment Mac had arrived, her relief had overwhelmed her, and she had reached out and clung to him with a fierce grip. He in turn had drawn her into him, his embrace providing the valediction to the cold and loneliness. Glancing at him now, dreamy-eyed, Stella was at peace. With her head tilted back, heated air blanketing her, she soon found her eyes heavy and her previously stiff limbs softening into a lissom state. The woods began to thin out and her fears became a memory.

I can feel how lonely Stella had felt until Mac arrived and how relieved she felt the moment he showed up. I adore the way you captured the change of her emotions.

And the ending is so beautiful and also breathtaking. *happy sigh*

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing, breathtaking and beautiful story! :) I enjoyed and loved this so much!
4/8/2012 c1 24Curleyswife3
Ciao Lily, how are you? First of all, Happy Easter to you and your family!

Then, this fic: there's magic in this fic. The magic of the woods, the silence, the bright sky for two city detectives like Stella and Mac. And if it was Prospero to provoke the tempest, not for revenge this time, but to give them an opportunity to find themselves?

This beautiful expression: "Still clad in shadows, moon drifted Amongst the rags of clouds. A half-visible disc, fairy wrought from white gold, filigreed and Them That floated above the topmost leaves".

Kisses. Corinna

Annulla modifiche
5/3/2011 c1 maria
Wow. Lovely story. So vivid, so believable.
11/14/2010 c1 303BrokePerception
Lovel! :D The genre descriptions surely fit well!
9/13/2010 c1 25smut1956
Fluffy is good at times though I'm sure they're not fluffy just drenched. Interesting to see the different angles you and DNA is Unique took, different times of day and seasons.

I like it and you certainly give us the reminder that Mac can be chivalrous while still letting Stella feel capable.

Thanks for sharing this.

T.
8/22/2010 c1 31sarramaks
I liked the gentleness of this and the descriptions. I thought Mac was very well done too!
7/23/2010 c1 2Juliette Tomassino
How great to see our Mac and Stella together – a real couple – for the world to see! Here are some of my faves:

“After studying her, to ascertain that for himself, he drew his hand away and shifted the car into drive.” There was something so subtly sexual about this statement. The way you intended it I’m sure!

“… halogen beams silvering the rain in their path …” Excellent use of words!

“Resisting the wish to wipe them away was only possible because she did not want to startle him while he drove along a highway that wound and twisted.” I wonder, is Stella trying to talk herself into this? I think so!

“Silver strings of rain, wriggling and writhing, slid down the window …” I love statements that draw a picture for me. I can very vividly imagine myself in a car on a soggy night seeing the rain exactly as you describe it. Well done.

“A half-visible disc, fairy wrought from white gold, that floated above them and filigreed the topmost leaves.” I actually drew in a breath of exclamation when I read this statement! What a beautiful and winsome way to describe the moon! I want to be you when I grow up!

“His gaze flickered briefly to her and away, but enough to leave sparkles of warmth inside her.” Sparkles of warmth … nice!

“She returned his grin, their gazes flirting, a deeper desire beneath.” Very sexual of course but without slapping me in the face with it. The best kind, I think.

Loved the one-shot, Lily Moonlight! Mac and Stella deserve some fun!
7/8/2010 c1 23Stardust585
Writing flufiness doesn't come easy to you? Well, you've cetainly got me fooled with this story:) And it was the perfect fluff - not the mushy and lovey-dovey type that makes me cringe but witty, subtle and imbued with a deeper undercurrent. Fantastic:)

I love the the way you've constructed this story - you've thrown us in the middle of the plot and gradually revealed the circumstances and the details about Mac and Stell's relationship. Really nicely done!

The teasing was great and really funny and I loved the ambience you've created between them - they know where they stand with each other, care for the other more than for their own life but at the same time are able to remain objective and even humorously disparaging about each other. That's precisely the way I'd like to see Mac and Stella's relationship develop. You've done a truly wonderful job! And all the little looks and gestures that speak so much more than words - you are a true master of this!

The final banter and teasing were the cherry on top - loved it and you've really made me smile so thanks for that!

Finally, I couldn't post my review without once again praising you on your wonderful gift of imagery, my dear! The descriptions of rain were pure poetry and all the little mentions of raindrops on Mac's hair or Stell's eyelashes were fantastic.

A great one-shot!
6/19/2010 c1 11candypink26
aww, really well-written! love the description. very sweet. :D
6/19/2010 c1 13SMacked Hard
Aw. :] That was sweet and cute. ;D I loved it, Lily.
6/18/2010 c1 dogtanian
aww i really liked that one - for someone who claims fluff doesn't come easily you do a bloody good job of it! looking forward to the other upcoming fluff, and, obviously, some more old west :)
6/16/2010 c1 12Forest Angel
Sorry this is so late.

Great descriptions, typical chivalrous Mac when he wrapped her in his coat and I like the way he teased her about being "uncertain of her location"

I like that Stella surprised herself when she thought about how fast he had driven in order to find her so quickly and their concern for the other as they realised what the other had gone through.

You are better at writing fluff than you think, although you still got in your bit of peril!
6/2/2010 c1 6Hazmatt
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed it! I'm glad that everything worked out!
5/27/2010 c1 13kaidiii
Nice story!Excellent job!
5/25/2010 c1 8Wildweasel
Love how you underlined Stella knowing exactly why he did park closer but not really telling him, so cute :)

lol, loved all the little touches between them and her ruffling his hair, was cute and sweet :)

well, the whole oneshot was kinda cute and made me smile I must say I felt it coming that they were together though I wasn't sure but knowing you, I knew a twist was in order lol.

so a nice one shot, and them together are always my fav :) thanks for it and have a great week :)

WW