for All Roads Lead Back To You

12/9/2019 c34 Guest
Amazing amazing story! Wish I had 100 more chapters so good this made my year
4/10/2019 c33 Guest
I think that the characterisation is quite bad, not to say awful. They act like teenagers too. I don't know why, but it's so hard to find a story where these two act like adult and mature people.
Plus, the afterlife talk is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You see, Kate would never say such things, it's really in bad taste. Bashing-character is one of the worst things that an author could do. It's so unnecessary and has often a detrimental effect on the reader. Have you erased the presence or the memories of Jack that way? No, you just made Kate sound like not herself. The first rule of fanfic is: to insult character-A doesn't make character-B look better. Never.

I believe that to deny the fact that Jack and Kate were clearly meant to be together from the day one or were in love is pointless. To deny that Juliet was the woman who James loved more is an useless effort. I don't even like to talk about endgame or stuff, but really, I wish shippers could see it. You can develop a romantic plotline without denying what has been, without bashing the past romantic interests of your characters. Or there's not enough material to build an emotionally compelling closure for this pairing?
I like these two, but I've never been able to find a fic with the right characterisation. Maybe because the authors always want to capture a kind of romance that never existed and eventually won't exist ever for them. They were more kindred spirits than star-crossed lovers.
8/17/2018 c34 Guest
Awesome read
7/1/2017 c34 lostie
It think it's very hard to find out an after-Island-story good and consistent with the characters. I really don't know what's worse, this ending or the idea of Kate and Sawyer as soulmates ;-)
Thank you and congrats on finishing your "manuscript", anyway. The words of your last note have really touched me and I'm glad you could "let it go and move on". But it's always so hard to say goodbye.
Lost's ending made totally sense, was perfectly written and played, definitely coherent with a journey lasted six seasons. Time to rewatch the show, that's always great to do, by the way. If you'll rewatch it now, after few years, you'll be able to appreciate the deep, poetic and emotional meaning of the journey.
Real, endless, everlasting love surviving everything, death, misery, isolation, desperation, tragedy. Jin & Sun, Jack & Kate, Des & Penny, Rose & Bernard, people who never gave up on each other and showed us what true love really means. Soulmates able to find each other, to understand each other, to face the fears together, to wait for each other. The score "moving on" was simply perfect and epic. What a beautiful impact that ending had on my life! I'll never forget it.
6/23/2017 c34 45stefanie bean
This is a really creative wrap. On one hand it can be interpreted as a *bardo*-like afterlife, like the FSW. The FSW had hellish elements, too, especially for some of the characters. "Hell" doesn't have to have red demons with pitchforks and fire; a far-future dystopia can be pretty bad, too.

I'm getting a strong sense of *Black Mirror* here, too, with the cold minimalism and reliance on bots of the outside world contrasted with the bar's warm and human atmosphere.

On the other hand, the ending could also be interpreted as a reincarnation story, kind of like *The Years of Rice and Salt,* where the group of friends goes through the *bardo* and then gets reincarnated over and over, with their lives always intersecting.

I'm going to interpret it as an afterlife, though, because the bar is named "The End of the Road." That suggests it probably is.

A few end notes: Congratulations on finishing your story; it's an accomplishment that doesn't get recognized in fanfiction often enough.

Also, I'm sorry that your review box has turned into a ship-war zone, and hope that it doesn't discourage you from future writing efforts.
6/20/2017 c34 Guest
All the Jaters and Sulieters who comment here need to chill out. She has the right to express her fantasies. The story is clearly AU and is not remotely canon. We know that Jate and Suliet are endgame. And, of course, this is not how Kate would behave. She would never be so flippant about him and his sacrifice. And Kate, in canon, missed Jack her whole life. So why don't you all leave the writer alone and let her express her SKate fantasy. Because that is all it is. An expression of how she would like it to be, not what it is. Lol. Don't be so threatened by a fan fiction.

As for the actual story, it would have been better if you didn't have to be so heavy-handed. We get you don't like Jack. But you only made your characters look worse and petty by not acknowledging his good deeds.
6/19/2017 c33 Guest
How funny. Shippers of Sawyer and Kate always claim to dislike the concept of afterlife/soulmates, but then they try to use it for their "pairing" with, of course, no success. Too bad in the afterlife, they both will not even able to remember each other.
I think authors need to know and respect the characters before writing anything. There's no way that Kate would talk about Jack that way, not even after a milion years. He was her life's love. Sawyer could play second fiddle for the undreth time
6/18/2017 c33 stefaniebean
Ugh, no way to edit reviews. Let's try that again, without a big copy-pasta mistake this time.

Whoah, post-coital conversations about the possibility of an afterlife. These always have a way of bringing the room temperature down a few degrees, no matter how enthusiastic the previous love-making - and it's no exception here.

The romance writing is *good* - nice balance of eroticism and banter.

I got a shiver when Sawyer was planning to take Kate on a world tour, now that her parole was over. They have had bad luck with planes, and the bittersweet air of death hangs over the whole scenario.

Good to read, and I'm interested in the denouement.
6/18/2017 c33 stefanie bean

The romance writing is *good* - nice balance of eroticism and banter, laced with the bittersweet air of death hanging over the whole scenario.

Good to read, and I'm interested in the denouement.
6/16/2017 c34 Guest
Lol at the ridiculous ending. Did you even try? How cute a Kaimie and Julackson double date. *rolls eyes
6/14/2017 c34 Guest
Since you expressed all that bitterness and resentment against the beautiful ending of our beloved show, you can't possibly expect people to give you good reviews :-) Nicely written story based on non-existent feelings of a non-existent pairing. Talking about "epic love" related to this I appreciated your last note, thoughtful and heartfelt. Take care!
6/9/2017 c32 Guest
sawyer is such a love struck dope.
more skate!
6/9/2017 c32 prettylittletaylorswift
DUDE OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR UPDATING! THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE FIC AND I'VE RE-READ IT SO MANY TIMES WISHING THERE WAS MORE AND NOW THERE FINALLY IS! I also read the other version on ao3 which was amazing! Thank you so much for continuing this even though it's been years! Do you plan on continuing this more? I'd absolutely love it if you did! Skate have been my fav couple since I was like 10 (now I'm 21 lmao) and to find new skate material is incredible, and your writing is so good and so in character!
12/4/2016 c31 longtimelost
dont worry sawyer and kates love isnt a farce
whatever the show said this is why we have fanfics so you can write all the skate you want
good that claire found somebody too
too bad you didn't finish but that is how it goes sometime
9/20/2016 c31 Guest
Your style was good anyway.
137 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »