for Newsflash!

8/27/2020 c2 6TVjas
This was a really good first effort. I loved how they were both nervous at first but slowly got back into their regular banter. Made me smile.
1/21/2014 c2 30The-KLF
I like this what if, it's sweet :)
3/24/2013 c2 24Lydian Stone
I could feel Castle's adrenalin spiking followed by the wash of relief. Any chance you'll write again?
1/26/2011 c2 15wellwritten
Excellent story! Thanks very much for sharing, and write more!
8/29/2010 c2 1Elizabeth.ff
That was really good. Interesting to read. Castle freaking out and calling Beckett immediately; the (little) awkward conversation - I think you wrote it pretty well.

May be you could continue?

:-)
8/7/2010 c2 Viktorija
I loved it! It was realistic and IC. :) Great job!
7/30/2010 c2 14Ariel119
This was a nice little story!
7/13/2010 c1 199Kavi Leighanna
I'm going to put everything in one review, that way it's one window open for me :)

The line about the family room hit me rather hard. Probably because I'm a huge family person and probably because Castle's family is actually rather small. Just him, Alexis and Martha. Which is why it's odd to kind of think of him in a huge Hamptons home and it makes all the more sense that he needed to bring *someone* with him.

Personally (and this is a personal preference thing) I'm not a fan of short sentences. A couple here and there to make a point, but I find too many short sentences makes reading disjointed. But there is the chance that that's just me, and it didn't bother me enough to stop.

Ah, the 'what ifs' and 'missed opportunities'. One of the things I love about reading fanfic is every author has a different take on why things happen. I like this one, this reflection, in particular. A break up is easier, because it's closure and you know you tried. This limbo Castle and Beckett live in is exactly as you said, a landscape of what ifs and missed opportunities. It's a great way to put it.

You've left it as a cliffhanger, which is both good and bad! You've given the reader closure in the sense that you know Kate and Castle are going to be okay, but it's really open-ended. You actually, if you wanted to, could come back to this later and give more of an idea of whether they're back to perfect normal, or just back to some sort of even ground where they tolerate each other.

Actually, that's my only "picky" about the story as a whole. You write well (which can be in short supply) and you've got a good handle on the bickering that Castle and Kate are oh-so-famous for. I would have liked to see Castle's panic drawn out a little more and maybe even some more of the awkwardness of not quite knowing the right thing to say, but there's plenty of potential in this, and I'm sure you'll exercise it in the story you've said is upcoming!

Nevertheless, an enjoyable fic.
6/9/2010 c2 11Jayce Gish
Chapter 2 was as worthy as Chapter 1. I like the premise that Castle, after viewing the news bulletin, would go directly to Full Panic in less than 0.3 seconds, and that was the perfect set-up for his call to Beckett: no cutsey text messengings, no accidental butt dialing, but actual concern on his part. Terrific.

And I had no difficulty with either Castle's or Beckett's questions/responses: both are still avoiding the 5,000 gorilla in the room and ignoring the root matter of the real subject while holding their own secrets, but the dance is now able to continue without further interruption (damn it; for 2 bright people, they are really dense!). I think this was beautifully presented.

Sure you don't want to continue? I'd really like to read your take on Castle's return to the 12th. (Inquiring Minds want to know. . .well, you know.)
6/9/2010 c1 Jayce Gish
For a first attempt, this is terrific! I like the attitude that was established directly off the bat (I also hate the "family room" label, since I'm in the same state as Richard presently finds himself) and I find nothing wrong with a little self-pity. I think you did a good job first establishing Gina's good points and then pretty much negating everything previously presented. Of course, I would like a few more details, but I am part of the "Gina Must Go" movement (although it is so much fun to repeatedly grind her into the sand).

I would like a slightly stronger statement regarding the actual number of days that Gina stayed with Rick; bedroom arrangements, slave driving techniques, hovering over the printer? Just to further emphasize her de-evolution from delightful phone mate to ex-wife from hell all within, what, 5 or so days? (I just broke up with a long relationship: maybe misery loves company, but flaming Gina is always so delightful to read.)

Great hook to get me to continue onto Chapter 2, which is where I will go now and leave another comment. Really a great job: I'm being very picky because (a) you asked me to be, and (b) this is really a terrific start. I'll be following.
6/3/2010 c2 3NoMereMortal
That was really good! I like the premise of the news story bring the motivating factor for them to get back in touch. Your descriptions and inner dialogue are great. I hope you'll consider continuing it. Maybe Kate can find some reason to head out the Hamptons for Labor Day and cheer up Castle?

NMM
6/2/2010 c2 25PhoenixWytch
Sweet.

Thanks for writing.
6/1/2010 c2 Nathan fan
I'm going to start out with a social commentary. Thank you for highlighting the problem with our system that allows so many innocent women to be murdered by men whom they have a restraining order against. I wish there was a more effective way and I can just imagine what a toll such a tragic case would take on Kate. The entire conversation between Beckett and Castle was written PERFECTLY! You communicated all of the different emotions they were experiencing quite well. It kind of makes me sad that he's back to calling her "Detective," but it's definitely appropriate in this situation. My FAVORITE line was, " You should stop in and remind yourself what a real day's work is like." I can hear the teasing in her voice and I also like the invite to return :) I really like the way you got them back together!
6/1/2010 c1 Nathan fan
I love the way you used the 'family' room to highlight Castle's loneliness. Very creative! You did a great job of writing Gina out of the story. I think that's EXACTLY what would happen. I really like this line - "It didn't take much effort and even less thought." Also - "All he had were what ifs and missed opportunities." It's hard to believe this is your first fic! I'm hoping inspiration strikes again!
6/1/2010 c2 20greymind
Totally agree that that's how Castle's summer with Gina plays out - not a summer at all.Your fic was wonderful. Interesting story, insight and dialogue. I really enjoyed it. I hope you write more in the future. Thanks for sharing your story.
44 Page 1 .. Last Next »