for Wastelander

10/18/2012 c39 98Dan Sickles
This is a wonderful but sad day for all of us. WASTELANDER is finished! I am so impressed with the way you brought the tale to an end. The dreams were so real and never anything less than spellbinding! Although I knew you wrote passion and romance very well, I was amazed at the way the deep spiritual meanings emerged so naturally from Clover's dream dialogue with Arta. On the other hand, Katrina's earthy feelings for the two girls were rendered in a way that made her seem genuinely caring and even wise.

As WASTELANDER comes to an end, I think we all feel just as sad as Katrina, in a way. Because you wrote a mature, complex and gripping story that touched us on every level. You proved yourself a master of adventure writing, with careful research on weapons. You write passionate romance that is truly romantic. You create characters we love and characters we hate. Losing Clover and Arta is a loss for all of us, so we can all imagine ourself in Katrina's shoes. Just like her we all love your girls. And just like her we have to let go!
10/14/2012 c39 4jetflight
While I disagree with you about "you know how it goes" regarding the rest of the plot, I agree that your current objective is fulfilled. I'm fairly certain your sequel to this would be very different from the usual game fare because, let's face it, trying to write the plot like in the game with a raider army under Arta's guidance would be like trying to play Mozart on stage while three drunken idiots wearing bells and blowing whistles are trying to perform their version of an African tribal war dance in the middle of it all. You just don't get to keep the stiff upper lip and pretend it's all good.

Or maybe I'm just being selfish because I like your writing style and I know two things about Fable: Jack and Schitt.

Still... all in all I liked this chapter, and I liked the story. I also liked our discussions over the various aspects of tribalism and post-nuclear polities that we had and, indeed, the sparks of inspirations you gave me (for doing completely different things than what you wrote).

But for this chapter specifically: I'm liking your Clover even more than before, I must say. And comparisons to Joan of Arc seemed fairly apt, if not entirely accurate (unless your story continues to lead into a DC Kingdom ruled by Queen Katrina I, of course). And in retrospect, that last line of dialogue sounds a lot like "It's a magical world, Clover, ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

All in all, I liked it, and this story has the Jetflightean Stamp of Approval!
10/11/2012 c38 2LillyWhiteRosePetals
Yeah! an update. Took me a couple of days to get to it so now i dont have to wait so long for the next chapter...no i didnt plan it that way, just busy.
I am interested to see how this elite force plays out for Katrina.
I also am excited Arta is moving on again. Hope they make it safely to Rivet City.
good sex scene. Kinda routing for Jenny.
10/9/2012 c38 4jetflight
Hah, that religion is batshit crazy, but in a good way. Still... on one hand, it's appealing to the base raider nature... on the other, it's trying to direct it along useful lines. So does that make it a left-hand or a right-hand path religion?

Moving on. A package Courier found sho- *ahem* Jenny Stahl and Lucas Simms, huh? That could be interesting... to hell with Jenny's plans, I'm curious to see Jericho's reaction. Sure, they didn't even LIKE one another, but I bet the old raider still considered the purely physical relationship as something "his". To see that Simms had "taken it from him", after being left in the dirt by Arta AND Katrina... yeah, I don't see that making him a happy puppy.
9/3/2012 c37 2LillyWhiteRosePetals
YEAH! an update!
poor Butch, maybe he will find a nice girl.
I wonder what Jericho will do with the information he got out of Butch.
Arta has such a large task ahead of her, i wonder what will happen next.
Thanks!
9/3/2012 c1 4jetflight
Heh. Butch the buttmonkey. That's about to be expected, I guess... if he isn't violently and horrifically ripped apart by a bloatfly, at any rate. Aside from the fact that he's got his default pistol hooked up to the VATS system (srsly, try him, see how many headshots he scores), he's nothing but hot air.

As for the rest of it... life does keep getting interesting for Arta, eh?

(PS: for some reason, I can't stay logged in when trying to review the last chapter, so here's a review for chapter 1 that is actually for chapter 37. Logical? Yes.)
8/19/2012 c10 5The10thHatter
Ugh is this a Burke/LW fic cause ill even Favorite it if it is, PM me the answer
8/3/2012 c36 98Dan Sickles
Hope Arta finds her father soon! I like how she's becoming more of a leader and more of a diplomat as the story winds down - her exhaustion at the end of all the negotiations was very endearing, and reminded me of Arwen in my own LOTR fanfic! I'm never clear if Jericho is a good or a bad guy, but it was nice to see him in action too!
8/2/2012 c36 2LillyWhiteRosePetals
Thanks for the update. i always enjoy reading. keep up the good work.
8/2/2012 c36 8Reavera
Completely epic and totally worth the wait. And I'm so excited that Arta is getting on the hunt for her father again! I was wondering if Dr. Li might show up with the delegation from Rivet City. I'm so, so excited. Can't wait for the continuation!
7/25/2012 c35 11BurntOutDev
This is such an amazing story! Kudos to your creativity spirit :)
7/4/2012 c35 4jetflight
"You could say we've severed all connections." You just KNOW there was some sunglass actions there, and a mysterious radscorpion with the face of Tim Roth barged in to shout "YEAAAHHHHH!" after that statement.

Anyway, grats on the over-two-years thing! Liked it then, am still liking it, hopefully will continue to like it in the future.

Do have the second complaint about something I dislike, though. So... a complaint per year? Anyway... this Amata, while agreeably one of the worst fanfic-Amatas out there, kind of... crossed the line here. Not in character, but out of character... she kinda feels less like a major bitch and more like an evil caricature in this chapter, I'm sorry to say.

But other than that, it's all good, and keep up the good work!
7/2/2012 c35 22Big-Babidi
I'd been wondering how the reunion would go, and this was handled really well. Severed all connections indeed.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the Jericho plus ghoul scene. And then almost smacked my forehead. A skeletal face and delegates from almost everywhere coming to Megaton ... of course it's a ghoul!
7/1/2012 c35 1Artekha
great chapter yet again, im wondering how itll go and how far into the story it is. looking forward to more always enjoy this story so update soon if its convenient
7/1/2012 c35 2LillyWhiteRosePetals