for Percy Jackson and the Space Marine?

7/30/2010 c1 3Huitt1989
humerus this story has good action and does a one-eighty for a bit of comedy i hope to see and update.
6/24/2010 c1 1Tankred
Haha! Okay, I'll admit I don't know jack about Percy Jackson, but this was still priceless. For some reason I just love watching Space Marines around regular people.

Or at least as regular as they go, I'd love to see this continued.
6/9/2010 c1 7Obssesed Nuker
I've never read any of the Percy Jackson books, though I do know of them and know their background. In any case, canon critique time... :p

What the marine does next will really depend on both the chapter he is from and the marine himself. The Imperium has found plenty of planets that have been cut-off from humanity even since the Age of Strife, most of whom don't know about the Emperor and may or may not have developed their own religions. While some of these religions are indeed fronts for the Chaos gods, most of them are just the genuine result of having no contact with the rest of the galaxy for over 10,000 years.

Most of the time, the Imperium's policy towards these planets is to educate them in the Light of the Emperor and absorb them into the rest of the IoM, usually by reconciling the planetary relgiions with the Imperial Cult ('Your pantheon is really the Emperor's way of keeping your souls saved'). Should a planet prove too resistant to the ideals of the Imperium, one or more Imperial Guard army groups are used to 'liberate' the world by force. Besides colonization of uninhabited worlds, the reabsorption/reconquest of planets lost since the Horus Heresy or the Age of Strife is the most common ways the Imperium replaces the worlds it loses too aliens, heretics, and exterminatus operations.

Most of the Marine chapters probably know about this, and should our anonymous Astarte manage to gain a few dozen moments too think, he might come to the conclusion that he's on one of these lost worlds...

Or he might come too that conclusion and the conclusion that its a lost world that has already fallen to chaos.

Again, alot depends on the specific chapter.

That being said, I did find this story amusing.
6/8/2010 c1 7S058
When a Space Marine asks you about what gods you worship, NEVER say you don't worship the Emperor. It only ends badly.
6/6/2010 c1 Rocks32
Very funny Good Job
6/6/2010 c1 Goo
"Is he like these Chaos Gods?" she asked me.

"HERESY!"