for Diabetes

2/27/2018 c1 kin 33
good
11/23/2017 c1 Lily
Love it!
3/6/2017 c1 sofiathe23rd
Hi
I know it's been like 7 years, but I loved this one-shot. My brother was recently diagnosed with diabetes and I plan to read the first story you wrote about this soon (I read the prequel first, obviously). Thank you for bringing up this condition, making it a fanfiction (and well-written one too!), and for knowing the difference between type one and type two diabetes, some people don't and that frustrates me. I have a feeling that these stories will help me better understand my brother's diabetes (he was only diagnosed less than a week ago). This one-shot was very good, again, very well-written, and very touching. Thank you for writing it.
sofiathe23rd
1/7/2017 c1 2fhl1234
This serious but manigible disease can be treated; it's nice to see that Petunia is supporting Harry through this.
2/24/2015 c1 a diabetic
Dear Luiz2400
That was not sweet, sure the family was nice to Harry and what not, but diabetes is a disease that can be life threatening at times. If your blood glucose levels are too low your body could shut down and you could die. If your blood sugar is too high your body could go into shock, coma and sometimes death. Insulin only treats the symptoms, there is no cure. I have pricked my fingers so many times that when my fingers get pruny from being in the water for too long you can see the holes, when I get marker on my fingers I can see the holes. When I took shots I had brides on my legs because I could not take the needle out strait. My insets for my insulin pump freak people out when I go swimming, I can only unhook my pump for one hour (one hour of swimming 2 hours of watching) amusement parks aren't as fun because I have to be careful about my pump.
Sorry for ranting for
2/24/2015 c1 The Hufflepuff Bookworm
I was a freshman in high school when I was diagnosed with type one diabetes. 718 was my number. I have done really well, my A1C has been between 5.8 and 6.3% with very few highs and lows. I hope the stem cell research is successful in finding a cure.
4/20/2014 c1 182Luiz4200
So sweet. I hope to see Diabetic!Harry during second year.
3/13/2013 c1 whitewolf23543
love it.
8/13/2012 c1 3jenn008
cool story!
4/8/2012 c1 47Hatter of Madness
I've read and reviewed the first two chapters of your other story, being a type one diabetic for ten years myself. However, your facts seem a bit off in both stories. If you are diabetic, you can completely disregard everything I'm about to say, but if you aren't, I really suggest you read up to make sure your facts are right.

Harry's blood sugar would have probably been a lot higher if he had been showing symptoms for "a few weeks". I didn't show symptoms for long and yet when I was diagnosed, it was already 800. It was so high that just a regular testing meter wasn't enough for it to measure how high it was. There are also other symptoms that Harry would have had other than just the four you listed. In fact, since I was only five I actually wet the bed from the frequent trips to the bathroom. I also stayed in the hospital six days (I think? I was too young to remember), and just one night isn't that long. They DO show the parents how to care for a child with diabetes, but one day is not enough time to cover all the material, and even after nearly a week in the hospital, my doctors sent my parents home with multiple books. I will admit, though, I have met people who weren't admitted to the hospital, but their blood sugars when diagnosed were a bit on the low side, so if Harry's levels were going to be that low, then admitting him to the hospital probably wasn't necessary.

All in all, I'm sure your stories have great potential, but you can make them better by cleaning them up a bit, facts wise.

- Hatter of Madness
12/18/2011 c1 Wilford Brimley
If you have diabeetus

don't resolve your anxieties by writing a Harry Potter-in-name-only fanfiction.

Thanks.
4/19/2011 c1 Silvermoon1002
Just want to say thankyou so much for showing how diabetes is to young children I have had it since i was 4 and a half and i remember how scared i was... Thankyou
12/13/2010 c1 Ginny of Queenscove
I really am interested in where your story will go. I have diabetes myself. a little about the symptoms though he would have been really ill by the time he started to lose a signiticant amount of weight and the 300s is really very low for a diagnosis number. My mother is a diabetes educator and she caught my symptoms within a week and I was already in the 400s and that is considered on the lowerer side I know people that have been diagnosed with numbers over 1000 and were in the hospital for 2 weeks I don't mean to be rude correcting you and I trully think your story is a interesting idea
9/12/2010 c1 loretta537