for The Hunting Raven

7/21 c7 3M0b1uz
Please. Continue this. I beg of you.
7/21 c5 M0b1uz
No, your writing was fine here. Only part I found off was how quick Michael was willing to question his own faith. Getting a Space Marine to question his faith is like getting him to blow his brains out. I would have preferred that he realized he was almost willing to kill a blissfully ignorant fellow human over a classically irreverent insult, and would from then on make it a point to represent the Imperium in a more benevolent light - he'd still be full of shit, of course, but he IS from the Imperium after all.
8/25/2018 c5 Ronmr
Seriously? He couldn't hear them? Dude, Space Marines have excellent hearing, with their Lyman's ear they can choose to hear only specific frequencies just to reduce the noise of the battlefield.
10/12/2017 c1 Chapter Master Sinclair
With a name like hunting raven i dont know y i expected Raven guard
11/20/2013 c6 Flamingcheesepie
There was the faint tinkling of armor, then Cydni said, "Alright, I found my torch." More tinkling. "Ah, shit! Where'd I put those matches?"
"Well hurry up!" Max chimed. "I swear I'm gonna run into so-" ithunk/I "Ow, damnit!"
Everyone stopped walking. "Are you alright, Max?" Michael asked.
11/20/2013 c5 Flamingcheesepie
But Cydni was insistent. She shook her head, golden hair flowing across her face in the process. Her deep blue armor clinked at the joint between the neck and shoulder armor. "Even if it's just a snack, you need to eat something," she said. "You can isurvive/i without food, but this isn't the wilderness. You can stand a bite to eat."
11/20/2013 c4 Flamingcheesepie
Michael brought it back to his side with a savage grin, liking how much the Hi-volt axe was similar to a chainsword. He looked over to the Diablos, who just now realized that Michael was still a threat.
But then, Diablos weren't smart, but they also weren't quite ithat/i stupid. The bat-like monster took off and flew to the west, toward the edge of the plains and into the Endless Desert.
11/20/2013 c4 Flamingcheesepie
"It's that damn Guildmaster," Thardus replied tersly. "He didn't believe me." Michael wasn't surprised by that news. "And he won't even isee/i you until you've completed the latest urgent!"
The Astartes frowned. "What would that be?"
11/20/2013 c3 Flamingcheesepie
"Well, Jazz," He rumbled in a deep baritone. "I'm gonna guess that you succeeded. Now how are you gonna explain how you found ihim/i."

Jazz finished the tale.
9/25/2012 c7 2CigarChomper
I like this story alot as it puts a space marine in an unfamiliar sitiuation, having to deal with mere mortals (as most marines call normal people) much more than normal. I would remind you that every human in the Imperium from the day they are born are taught to hate the xeno's and heritics in all its forms and space marines usually have that hate increased ten fold by conditioning, war and prapaganda. It is possible for a marine to have a some what change in heart but it will take alot, not just a highly opinionated girl. But it is possible! Also Monster Hunter people wouldn't be veiwed as heritics, just savages that need to be taught Imperial creed. I really hope you continue this story!
9/25/2012 c5 CigarChomper
Actually a fun little fact the Emperor had basically banned all religion as he saw it as humanity being a slave to their beliefs. One of the few direct quotes from him is "Intill the last stone from the last church is cast down on the head of the last priest humanity will truely never be free." As for a space marine to ever truely learn to not hate the xeno that's a little impossible. But this is fanfiction so in no way do you have to follow canon
3/29/2011 c7 fanofmany
Lmao...
1/26/2011 c5 Igfry
You've just failed.
11/12/2010 c5 22starspawn07
I think you put in Cydni's "test" too early.

The story that Michael told them is perhaps enough for her to judge Michael as coming from a civilisation of xenophobic and blind worshippers of the Emperor, but not enough to judge Michael's own character.

it would make more sense for Cydni to risk her life this way after she has seen Michael do something horrible like slaughter a whole village of non-humans.

I recommend reading "The God of Death" by Tyrant of the East :)
8/18/2010 c5 Kojiro Kun
Okaaay, rather cool chap, but i personally belived that a space marine would be more likely to just smash the face of anyone insulting the emperor then taking the time to think about it, but hey! its your story therfore it's up to you to make your rules.. Nice work!
17 Page 1 2 Next »