for Embracing the Darkness

1/31/2012 c11 Senna
Such a cruel ending! Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic! ...but Pavi will always be Pavi. This was really a great story. Thank you.
1/31/2012 c7 Senna
Love how you combine the story in with the movie. Good! Oh gosh, the brothers will never let up! Poor Mag, trapped between two Largos. I really like the personifications here. I really do. I shouldn't...but I do.
1/31/2012 c4 Senna
I shouldn't like this story so much...it's just that you did Pavi and Luigi's characters so well. They're totally belevable!
11/15/2011 c11 52Ms Shay X Pear
All I can say is... wow.

What a great read.

I can see all of this happening exactly as you wrote it.

I love that she made that offer to Graverobber but he turned it down

I think I may have enjoyed some scenes a bit too much XD

The ending made me damn near cry... poor Mag...

Amazing job. Love it!
9/5/2011 c4 hfghgfkdiiiiiiiii
Aw, Mag! That's like my only sentiment save for the goofy grin on my face- I love this story so very much.

Uhm, I did find it strange that Rotti was all like "yeah fine she can stay with us," although he does know that she's soon to be repossessed so maybe that's why.

Oh, Luigi is so endearing to me and I don't know why. I just have this need to pat him on the head and tell him that there's no need to be so pissed about everything.
9/5/2011 c3 hfghgfkdiiiiiiiii
Alright, more of me derping over your story. Hhyeahhh.

So normally when I read a story and SMASH BAM! *insert character here* is a virgin, I usually just roll my eyes and grumble to myself about how unrealistic that is and blah blah blah. But Mag, on the other hand, is conceivable. She was blind for most of her life so she probably didn't get around much, and in the ironclad grip of Rotti Largo, I'm willing to bet that she probably didn't get involved carnally with anyone. Especially if she is held as a beacon of purity and suchlike; beacons of purity just don't get laid.

9/5/2011 c1 hfghgfkdiiiiiiiii
Alright, I do believe I reviewed before, but I really feel like this story needs more love.

Your stoy is, I believe, the first fanfic I ever read. I'm not sure how I managed to find it, probably my fangirliness over Blind Mag, but I'm still totally smitten.

I really like the way you contrast the innocence and purity of Blind Mag with the transgressive hub of sex and blood that is the GeneCo world, it's positively delectable. I also love the way you write Pavi— I've read so many Repo! fics wherein he is cast as the vapid and promiscuous younger brother, without thought to his face-stealing habits or his decidedly, well, Largo tendencies.

Yeah. It's beautiful.
7/27/2011 c2 hfghgfkdiiiiiiiii
this may be the fifth time I re-read this. I absolutely love this story; it's beautiful and emotional and so very right for all characters involved. You captured every character perfectly, and I just can't get enough of it!
2/11/2011 c11 freakyintangible
Oh my god.

You actually rendered me speechless (for a good five minutes, at least).

This was incredible. Everything. I'd pinpoint the best parts, but… I'd just end up quoting the entire story back to you.

The only critique I could ever give is that I don't know whether I liked the final paragraph or not. I love it in that it provides a sense of closure - but I'm not sure that I WANT closure here. I almost liked it better to be left hanging, not knowing for sure exactly what Mag's reaction to Pavi taking her face would be. I must say that I really loved the conflict you created there - even with the last paragraph. I was having an internal battle with myself: Was I happy that Pavi had taken her face? That others would be reminded of the whole ordeal even after media/public attention to her death had faded? Or was I angry with Pavi, her torturer (and lover?), for violating her corpse? It might just be my view that a dead body is really just a dead body, nothing more… but I think I'm glad Pavi took her face. It's vindicating, somehow, in a way I can't quite explain. It's like - rather than him taking something from her after her death, she's willingly leaving it to him. (I'm getting way too deep into this, but ooh - metaphor for her rape, perhaps? He TOOK her virginity and won in that sense - but she has the last laugh: she GAVE him her face and left him with a sinister reminder of her final self-liberating act.)

I also loved the complete and total creepiness of Pavi caressing her dead, stripped face. AND - in many fics, Luigi is presented as the psychopathic monster while Pavi is given a (slightly) more human set of emotions. I loved that the roles were reversed at the end! This is the only fic I've read in which any tears of Luigi's were believable in the least - in fact, they were incredibly well-done and I was THIS close to feeling sorry for him…!

Anyways, I'm gonna go reread the entire thing, then sit here and stare at the wall for an hour or two while I contemplate the awesomeness of this fic.

Thanks for finishing the story and for posting it all!
7/31/2010 c11 21Jezebel Jai-Braxlin
AMAZING! I loved your story, truely captivated the entire time. Totally plausible, also. I loved the way you wrote Mag and Luigi in this. Really fantastic!
7/12/2010 c11 6Anime WarriorSkye
The ending was perfect. I couldn't have imagined any other way to do it.
7/11/2010 c10 Anime WarriorSkye
That took my breath away. I'll be quite sad when this story is done.
7/9/2010 c9 Anime WarriorSkye
Aww, Graves. ^_^ You should try writing a Graverobber/Mag story after you finish this one.
7/9/2010 c9 10RoseDawson35
awww...I loved this chapter...Graverobber is so sweet. :) I can't wait to read the rest of this, it's really good.
7/6/2010 c8 6Anime WarriorSkye
Well, this is an intriguing turn of events. Can't wait to see mroe.
24 Page 1 2 Next »