for The Way Is Shut

5/13 c1 Sus
Reading this as the NK have issued an SOS for a covid outbreak was not my brightest idea.
5/13 c1 2TargetLocked
So good I had to dust off an ancient account to compliment the writer.
4/15 c1 Guest
Fantastic fanfic. Written just how it would be in the book, gave a way more interesting game scenario of who would be attempting to see what happened in NK as opposed to what we were told in the book. Really great read
1/7 c1 1EVA-Saiyajin
My overall favorite part about this is you continue the ominous mystery of the fate of the North Koreans.

That was chilling. And would fit perfectly with Brooks’ writing.
12/22/2021 c1 Guest
So good, very unsettling, very true to the book.
10/19/2021 c1 Lily
If the tunnels are flooded that all the zeds there there are going to be waterlodged, bloated, melty - so that WHEN the tunnels are finally breached, the zeds will be in no condition to run. Not that Max Brooks zombies are runners to begin with. They'll be thrashing like fish on a boat at the point of the breach long enough for the world to note the location and firebomb it or something.

The biggest issue I see with the North Korean subway zombie soup, is it pouring into the ocean and contimating seafood.
7/16/2021 c1 Guest
Jesus Christ, that was dark. I mean, I know that series as a whole is dark and grim at the worst of times, but if what the story is insinuating is true then we gotta hope none of those doors open for a long time.
5/28/2021 c1 TheMjohann
Amazing stuff, i would want to see this in a WWZ 2 book where all loose ends and countries not previously mentioned are coverd.

The style is so close to the original and the mood is perfect. You even get to speculate on your own theories and i like that a lot.
My thought was that they might have brought in Z-specimens for experimentation, trying to make a obedient army of their own. When the world is once again quiet but weakend by the Z's, they could open the gates and flood the world again for a easy takeover. Needless to say, the plan failed and it became their downfall. I imagine desperate people trying to tear the gates down with their bare hands as the zombies were shuffling ever closer. It might be why the doors were slightly misaligned.
3/9/2021 c1 6bh18
I made the mistake of reading this at midnight, when the house is dead silent. I had to shut my door and close the blinds to keep going. Congrats on that.
3/4/2021 c1 PoliVamp
Just came across this and I am amazed at how well you captured Brooks' writing style while still coming up with a unique take on his story. 10/10
2/17/2021 c1 Mithras95
This is amazing! It could have been taken out of the book. The writing is great and the story is gripping right until the final sentence. I'm a huge fan of World War Z and I love how this has hinted at the North Korean mystery
9/29/2020 c1 della4sc
This was goooooood. As many others have stated, this feels like a chapter from the book. I especially like how you didn't make the team explore inside the tunnels, like would happen in most other fiction, as it makes sense for a military team, especially in that situation, decide they have enough information and that they don't want to risk going down without orders.
8/16/2020 c1 1SixFtWookie
That was brilliant, felt like I was reading a new chapter from the book.
4/20/2020 c1 mikemagnus7
Very scary... Yikes.
4/2/2020 c1 femmedecoeur
GREAT read! Thank you, this gave me chills.
148 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »