for Completion

4/22 c1 J. Willem
AGAIN. Thank you for finding and fleshing out these moments. I especially love the reference to expecting to hear a breaking harp-string. 3
3/16/2019 c1 Suvon
(Sigh) Even though I know what's going to happen, I still feel for Taran and his anxious hopeless desperate search for Eilonwy. Very evocative. Liked Taran teasing her at the end of this piece and her understanding. still crying. Sentimental fool that I am. If the movies ever come out and they are half so wonderful as your writing, I will embarrass myself by crying all the way through them. Too much of my history is bound up in Lloyd Alexander's writings, especially in Prydain.
7/15/2018 c1 brianmclyr
Liked
7/6/2017 c1 2Mantis FA
Lovely. I think what he's really saying with his last line here is that since one of them had to bear that pain of arriving first at the camp and fearing for the other's fate, he's glad it could be him - but by facetiously denying that worry, he also absolves her of the irrational guilt she might otherwise feel for causing it.

Gwydion's guilt is also very poignant. Believing that his well-intended order trapped Eilonwy in the fortress to be murdered by the Cauldron-Born or taken by Pryderi's men (and in all probability raped and tortured, then murdered) has to be eating him up inside, when he has no time to spare for grief. Hearing that she was on the battlefield, and may yet be alive, or at least have been spared the cruelest of the possible fates to which his command might have condemned her, would be a small touch of solace on the worst day of his life, and seeing her at Taran's side when he calls the survivors to assemble a much larger one.
4/27/2017 c1 7Elen-Di
Stop it, I'm crying. You write so beautifully - you really capture the feeling of the series, and I appreciate that so much. Ugh, so many feels.
1/9/2015 c1 Lexie
This is a truly beautiful piece you've written. You captured Taran and Eilonwy's relationship perfectly and it only pains me that this was not included in the book. Thank you so much for writing this gem.
10/30/2014 c1 1AdventuresInTheSueniverse
So good! Your writing is amazing!
7/5/2011 c1 14ElwynWanderer
That was very touching. I especially liked the line about hearing "harp strings snapping when none actually were."

I wish I could think of more to put in this review, but your amazing writing has left me in shock, and adding anything more at this point would be stating the obvious.

What can I say? You're amazing. =)
3/13/2011 c1 13BlueNynaeve
This is great. Very descriptive. I haven't actually read the series, but this scene is believable from just about any romantic perspective and you have done a really great job of giving enough backstory to ground it.
3/1/2011 c1 Lamarquise
Loved this!
10/12/2010 c1 Joseph De Cristofaro
as i said about Princess Diaries, very well written. your stories engulf me more than any short stories ever have or quite possibly ever will. i absolutely love your writing.
9/2/2010 c1 terra
Thank you so much for this story! It is absolutely beautiful! The characterization is excellent and the plot is wonderful! It was a joy to read this.
8/17/2010 c1 12PrydainViolet
Dear CW

after a truly miserable day i'm curled up in bed with my laptop, and for no reason in particular i found myself wandering into the old prydain fiction page and i found THIS, and it is beautiful and i'm suddenly overwhelmed with good feelings. i love it and i love you for writing it and i'm so happy that i thought to turn to my prydain friends tonight because if i hadn't i would be going to sleep with a scowl instead of a smile. i know i'm getting overly emotional over a review, but thanks a million - i really mean it. it's a wonderful piece.
8/6/2010 c1 9Clio1792
This is wonderful, and beautifully written.

Clio1792