for IA: A Prelude to War

3/8/2019 c33 32The Sithspawn
Was very very happy to see this updated! :D:D:D

This is a great story that deserves to be finished! I'm still loving the story arc with the smuggler and the Maquis and how to see it finished! :D

Hope to read more soon please! :D Though it sucks to be Tenal Ka now :(
2/11/2019 c29 Guest
This story has potential but your trying to do to much at once having both the Vong war and the dominion war going at the same time doesn't just over complicate the story it ruins it
10/22/2018 c30 Dune Arksmith
Gotta ask did you ever produce anymore to this at all?
10/22/2018 c29 Dune Arksmith
You bastard, you had to kill chewie again?! I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME
4/8/2016 c10 misteryman526
Since all the gun emplacements on the Dreadnaughts fire plasma bolts and can't be adjusted in any way, shouldn't the Borg adapt their defenses pretty quickly and render them ineffective?
4/8/2016 c4 misteryman526
Hmm. Well I'm mostly liking what you've written but you've got some canon details wrong towards the end of the chapter. While Janeway might have known about the Dominion, since Voyager was dragged to the Delta Quadrant in 2371, there's NO WAY she would have known about the mines at the wormhole since that didn't happen until 2373. The first contact Voyager had with the Alpha quadrant was in 2374 using the Hirogen relay stations (episode:Message in a Bottle) but no significant information was exchanged beyond the fact of Voyager's survival. The earliest that Janeway would find out about the Dominion war would be in 2376 (episode: Pathfinder) when Reginald Barclay first manages to make contact with Voyager and send them a complete update.
Also, the Bajoran Wormhole in the Gamma Quadrant was nearly the same distance away from the Caretaker's array in the Delta Quadrant as Earth was, so there wouldn't have been any significant advantage, timewise, in heading that way.
1/11/2016 c21 kalani.gapido
I MISS THIS STORY, IS THIS PARTY STILL GOING?
7/17/2015 c28 A Connoisseur
It seems only the chiss and the hand have the best interests of the galaxy at heart. The dominion are nothing compared to the Vong. Can't wait for the romulan federation meeting with Yates and C'baoth.
5/16/2015 c30 SeverlyLate
Nice story. Epic scale. A rarity.
At first i. Was confused by many storilines, but come to like it later.
Btw like that your cut down the selfrightous Janeway a bit.
Pray continue.
3/1/2015 c30 1Ajedi32
Wow, it's been a while. I'm not sure I remember what's going on at this point, so maybe I'll have to jump back a few chapters, or just start over from the beginning. (Plus there was another Star Wars/Star Trek crossover I was reading which also hasn't been updated in a long time now, so the details of that one and this one are getting all jumbled up in my head.) All in all though, good chapter. This is most definitely an interesting story.
1/28/2015 c30 16animefan29
How exactly does one adapt to the sheer power output of turbolasers? Increase power to shields and repair operations?
1/28/2015 c29 animefan29
That was a pretty powerful chapter. Not to mention the ramifications it will have on negotiations with the Federation.
1/28/2015 c28 animefan29
Well that's as good an explanation as any as to why/how the Chiss and Empire of the Hand joined together.
1/28/2015 c27 animefan29
What time period does Deanna mean by Dark Ages? Because I would have assumed Star Wars war and politics would be closer to that of Early 20th century, not 8th century.

Still I somewhat wonder if Deanna is forcing herself into a bubble about what the New Republic and Federation mean to one another? Surely she must recognize that the New Republic, the current Empire, and even the Old Republic that preceded them are potentials for what the Federation could become in the future.

I mean the Federation is quite young being only about 250 years old, and small with only 150 member planets and roughly 1000 colonies spread across some 10,000 light years(numbers given by Picard), and even the Vulcans had only been in space for less than 2000 years. Member species are few (compared to the New Republic) and cultures have been able to remain highly distinct because of the time factor involved in traveling. So the question is, what will the Federation be like when it extends across 100,000 lightyears? Has thousands of member worlds and tens of thousands of colonies each with populations a billion strong? When a person could travel to the furthest outlying colony in a day rather than months? And what if the Federation keeps encountering hostile military powers that would be happy to destroy them like the Dominion and the Borg?

Hmm… I suppose the above would fall under Deanna's speculation about whether the Federation was losing its ideals. Still she must realize that the times are changing. The Federation faces destruction at the hands of the Dominion, the threat of extinction by the Borg is still out there, the Romulans are playing power games, there is still so much of the Milky Way left to explore that could be hiding either glorious treasures or even worse monsters, and now that the Federation has contacted the Republic they can't just shut the door on a civilization with over 10,000 years of history behind it, and a level of military might that is unheard of.
1/28/2015 c26 animefan29
This could go good or bad for Yates depending on how the Romulons are willing to act.
128 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »