for a kind of grace

2/22/2017 c1 Guest
I LOVE THIS?!

I'm a sucker for Eleven x Rose fics and this is absolutely perfect! No one is OCC, The Doctor is so doctor-ish, and this is pretty much canon.

And also, brilliant wiring! I love the way you write! I hope you write more! :D
3/6/2014 c1 14mecaka
D': This was great! I want to go cry now. (All the best fanfics make me sad or insanely happy...)
2/20/2014 c1 Laurel
I am crying so hard right now - this was so tragically beautiful. Rose/10 was the best ship ever, and I think that Rose/11 would have been almost as perfect. Thanks for this! Please keep writing.
6/27/2013 c1 53KelseyO
this was beautiful. i think i might prefer headcanons and internal narratives over scenes with actual new content, because it's the thoughts and motivations that we can't see on our screen-that's the stuff we have to guess at, and i loved your presentation of eleven's mind.

thank you also for bringing rose back, because i spent this whole series fighting to remember that this was still the same show, the same Doctor with a new face and a new friend. siiiiiiiiigh.

and then this bit, "He'd hoped they'd come find him, but they hadn't wanted to anticipate..." that was heartbreaking and wonderful. even the Doctor is afraid to hope for some things, no matter how simple they are.
12/12/2012 c1 3BewareOfFlyingMonkeys
Sweet
11/5/2012 c1 deews
you know what?

she totally wouldn't have. rose would have worn a fez, too.
10/14/2012 c1 Sourdoughtoast
UGH LOVE. Back to reading and reviewing all of your stories since i've reached eleven (awkward)
9/22/2012 c1 1ReprobaVir
In the words of the Ninth Doctor: "Fantastic!"

I like the way you write Eleven, very deep, very sad, very old. But also very, very good at distracting himself.
6/27/2012 c1 7zoe alice
I love this. The 11/Rose, 11/River, the - everything. Great, great story.
3/19/2012 c1 22Kina Kalamari
That last bit was amazing. I mean, the whole thing was amazing, but the last part was just so brilliantly random and precisely what it needed that I felt I should mention it specially.

"Somewhere somewhen he is leaning against a wall, saying hellogoodbye to her as he dies. Somewhere somewhen he's taking her hand and telling her to run, only at that moment starting to feel alive again.

He is always just now meeting her again for the first time.

He thinks there might be a kind of grace in that."

Lovely bit of prose, that was. Poetic, sad yet happy, and all around superb. Most of the piece was like that, but it stood out there.

I loved this. =]
11/17/2011 c1 11Angela Jewell
God, I loved this. I miss Rose so much in these newest seasons, that fanfiction (and continuous rewatching of older episodes) is the only thing really keeping me sane. Thank goodness I discovered your treasure trove of stories to get lost in.

Anyway, I really wish the new episodes had more continuity like this: the 10th Doctor truly felt like an extension of the 9th, yet I've been having a harder time recognizing anything of the 10th Doctor in the 11th (as hilariously awesome as that version is.) Perhaps because so much of the ninth and tenth were steeped in Rose, yet here, that feeling's gone. In your version though, I finally feel that connection, and it made me love him (and miss that part of him) just a little bit more.
5/19/2011 c1 66Kathryn Hart
awww I'm so sad, but yet, laughing at the last line, that is pure genius my friend! :D And she wouldn't have either. Gosh, Eleven needs his Rose *sniff* now I'm all sad again, thanks for that! :P I'll just read the last line again lol...
4/20/2011 c1 Haven14
Somehow a line as simple as "But rose would never had made fun of the fez" makes it all the more agonizingly tragic
2/4/2011 c1 42LexieBird
Ah, I love the last line. Brilliant. Somehow manages to lighten the entire story, and definitely made me smile. :)
1/10/2011 c1 18Rose of Zakarisz
Your writing, I'm finding, has the oddest way of making me rethink disliking certain characters. River, for instance. I didn't mind her so much in this story, and so long as the Doctor doesn't forget Rose... I guess it's okay for him not to be alone.
27 Page 1 2 Next »