for Expelled from the Garden of Eden

6/1/2021 c1 RagusasugaR
Now this was a phenomenal Eric flashback! Finally, someone willing to admit that vampires aren't likely to be 100% heterosexual, especially given E's history. The idea that he's be so repulsed by the intentions of a male admirer is ridiculous. And even more perfect is his interest in the woman causing his original suitor's jealousy. Truly a gem of a tale and I can totally picture him telling this story in a flashback. Kudos!
8/9/2012 c1 caraway seed
I just came across this, very belatedly. What a good story! I like Eric's admiration for Michaelangelo, and am amused that the woman who fascinated him was named Susannah. Very well written- thank you!
4/28/2011 c1 MsEllie
What a fantastic read!Thank you...
3/21/2011 c1 37Brytte Mystere
Ohhh, Poooor Susan!
2/15/2011 c1 Eric21468
Such an excellent story
11/6/2010 c1 59Sleepy Lotus
excellent historical fic with eric, i loved the symbolism of being expelled from the garden. also, eric's complete irreverence in feeding upon the "pious" in the beginning was so very dead on, i'm sure he'd take great pleasure in such an irony.

and i think you captured michelangelo's personality very well! crazed, cranky, devoted. i was just in florence a couple months ago, and couldn't help but think of eric northman while walking around the David with my mouth hanging open. lol. great job!
8/20/2010 c1 5tvgirlSVM
As I started reading I thought maybe you'd make Eric model for David. *giggles* But I don't think David's GP is big enough for it to have been Eric. LOL. And I didn't realize he Michaelangelo did David before the Sistine Chapel. Great idea to insert Eric (and kinda Sookie) into such an amazing piece of artwork.
8/14/2010 c1 2Northwoman
Sample fic - but it is lovely. Thank you.
8/13/2010 c1 8zeewriter
ohhh, now if only the sistine chapel was really created this way it would be a much better histry. :) lovely darling, just lovely.
8/12/2010 c1 luvvamps
Great!
8/4/2010 c1 29evenflo78
Oh god, I know this is just a sample fic, but it's so beautiful and makes me skeered to post mine! Lovely, wonderful breathtaking job, I felt like I was right ther with them. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
7/28/2010 c1 s.meadows
Amazing! The fic and the website! I'm so moved by both! The feeling of longing was wonderful.

Genius way to make Eric and Sookie (Suzanna) a significant part of history.
7/22/2010 c1 2Kellmeister
This is going to be a tough contest.

Very beautiful story! Best of luck.
7/21/2010 c1 ljhjelm49
Wonderful!
7/21/2010 c1 3mischievousmaya
*hugs* This was an incredible story - you wove a beautiful tapestry of history, imagery and contemporary characters into a fantastic piece of art. You really did an amazing job with this. It captured my imagination from the very start and I was swept into your world from the first sentence. You're such a talented story-teller, Mare! *hugs you again* ♥

Ps. Just in case you weren't clear... I totes love this story!♥
24 Page 1 2 Next »