FanFiction.Net
for In a Moment of Insanity

10/2/2021 c1 3MsChrisAnn
Ahhh! Another sweet romantic story!
10/25/2018 c1 Truckee Gal
Lee and Amanda can't catch a break when Billy assigns a "cushy" assignment that has terrorist threats. Sure hope Francine keeps their secret. Aw shucks, we missed out on the ball. Actually, if Lady Emily Farnsworth won't be there ... no worries! Another fine story and well-written. Wish the longer stories were in chapters. Then you'd get more reviews!
2/27/2002 c1 KarenB1
How cute! You do a very nice job with the characters, particularly Francine. I loved her "I swear you're beginning to sound like her now. What's `just it'?" line.
2/26/2002 c1 Kim
I enjoyed this thoroughly, Mindy. You did a great job with characterization, and although it's AU, it's very plausible! You set it up very well. I have to say that one of my favorite parts (out of many) was this:

"Lee," Amanda laid her hand on his arm, "I appreciate your concern, I really do, but it's not that big a deal. I'm a grown up professional woman; I can handle this," she smiled wryly, "If I stood up to Martha Sizemore in the PTA for three straight years, I can certainly deal with Effram Beaman!"

"Martha Sizemore, huh?" Lee grinned, "Is she someone we should think about recruiting?"

ROTFL! That was terrific! I'll look forward to reading your next story.
2/25/2002 c1 9Dottie
I really enjoyed this story. You can tell in the series that Lee and Francine are good friends, and it seems natural that after being prodded by her enough, they would come out with the truth. Thanks for writing!
2/24/2002 c1 6Pam - bboxfan
AU? Yep. Believable? Absolutely! Nice job with an interesting look at the relationship between Francine and Lee. I'm always impressed by your characterization and look forward to seeing more from you. One part struck me as exceptionally nice and is easily my favorite couple of lines in the whole story: "Just now she shifted in her chair, bringing her knee to rest against his. He smiled slightly to himself, realizing that she was telegraphing her forgiveness." What a great example of "show, don't tell". Keep up the good work!
2/24/2002 c1 panda79
Great story. I think that you should do a follow up to this story. Great job. Keep writing, and I'll keep reading.
2/24/2002 c1 6DixonHill67
Could it have happened this way? You bring it awful darn close back into line with the series. I'm almost convinced. But . . . I like to believe that Dotty started figuring things out after Amanda's impassioned confession in Playing Possum. :-) This is less of a stretch than that.

Your characterization was solid, as usual. While reading, I did feel that the dinner conversation seemed a bit off, but upon later reflection I realized that we all tend to wax overly psychological about ourselves and our friends from time to time.

I'd be curious to see the larger work from which this was taken.
2/23/2002 c1 SMKErica
I really enjoyed this story. It was in character and very enjoyable. I love how you portrayed Francine.
2/23/2002 c1 7matahari2
I really enjoyed this story, and it's very much in character and quite believable (even if the original scripts didn't flesh out L&A's story in quite the same way). Thanks for writing! Keep it up! mh2:)
2/23/2002 c1 Ari
Wonderful story and I feel it was very true to character... Thank you so much for a wonderful read.. Can't wait to read more from you..
2/23/2002 c1 1kitty kat7
that was great! do we get to see the embassy gala? well, great story just the same!
2/23/2002 c1 7Momm2five
Wonderful story Mindy!

I'm a huge fan of Francine and I'm SO impressed with her in this one. This is the Fran I know and love, too! LOL!

Now, when do we get to see thw Embassy Party? Hmm?

Great job! Looking forward to more!
2/23/2002 c1 sharr
It might not mesh with the scripts, but it is nicely done. Good job with Francine.