for When Aliens Attack!

1/28 c22 Pacfanweb
Okay, just finished this story, and it's fantastic.
I do prefer the alternate ending, though. The other ending is a bit dark and dreary.
Love the character development and plot twists.

Very well done!
11/18/2014 c22 5Perfect Carnage
I always find this and lose it again, so I'll make this review here nice and official. Might have before, but now time has passed so I'll keep it brief.

I loved this, its the best Godzilla fanfiction I've read and from what else I've seen of you, a strong addition to your flock. Take pride in it, and thank God all the searching helped me find at least one of my lost fanfics

-Perfect Carnage
9/14/2013 c2 Glenn Crespo
Chapters 1 & 2, excellent build up and a nice re-cap. No mention of the Natal race but there are enough on the alien side.
2/18/2013 c1 10Neil Riebe
When Aliens Attack! has to be the War and Peace of Godzilla fan fiction. It's been ages since I looked at this story, and only excerpts. This is the first time I've tried to read the whole saga.

The highlight of this chapter has to be Ghidorah's return. The forest animals keeling over is chilling. Although I didn't catch the reason for the animals passing away, it was still an effective way to reintroduce Ghidorah by surrounding him with death.
5/31/2012 c21 14atlan2007
Ok, I finished up today. A great final battle and death of Gudis. I much prefer the Showa ending. I do wish the Martian war machine had been used against the SFD but anyway great conclusion.
5/30/2012 c18 atlan2007
Ok, through chapter 18 now. Loved what Godzilla did to Ghidorah, just wish he was confirmed dead. Enjoyed Kong's defeat as well. But he seemed to refer to more than one previous encounter, is their a prequel fic to this? I only know of the KK vs Godzilla movie.
5/29/2012 c14 atlan2007
Ok I have read a few more chapters:

The good: The Gudis vs multiple monsters battle and Death of Megalon.

The Bad: Kong zaps an entire armored division!

Those are not deployed track to track but space of at least dozens if not hundreds of yards between tanks. And using whatever cover is available or can be constructed(think bulldozers scraping out fighting positions)A tactical nuke wouldn't take out a deployed division in one shot. Now way Kong could do that without tossing multi megaton explosions around which could have toasted some his own guys. In short Kong could have defeated and forced the division to retreat but some could have gotten away.

The question of taste: Ghidorah getting incinerated by the lava and then good as new. Then badly battered taking a kill shot from Gamera and better than new? This pulling new powers out of his rectum to survive aggravated the crap out of me. However I realize others may like it because it is like a video game baddie getting extra lives. To me it just feels like screwing the good guys over again and again.

Sorry.
5/24/2012 c9 atlan2007
Great work so far. I am really loving this story.
12/2/2011 c21 BigFriendlyGun9000
I'm speechless...you know, I'm not sure which ending I liked better. Aside from that, it was great. Koban, Ghidorah, and Guidis got what they deserved (though at times I thought he was actually kinda funny). A couple things that kinda bugged me is that we never found out what happened to Kong, Angirus Jr, and Godzilla Jr. Was a sequel in the works, but never got conceived? Anyways, that was one of THE best Godzilla stories I read.
12/2/2011 c16 BigFriendlyGun9000
Yay! Godzillas back! Great chapter! I hate Koban, though.
12/2/2011 c15 BigFriendlyGun9000
This was a great chapter, but...that was a blob 1988 reference halfway through, am i right? Anyways good.
12/1/2011 c13 BigFriendlyGun9000
Wait a second...you weren't allowed to show the Taliban getting massacred, but Castro? We're not on the best terms, but we're okay, kinda. Oh, by the way, great story! The distrust between races is nice, and I'm just waiting for Godzilla to come back. Great!
8/31/2010 c21 Mecha74
Hello cletus, this is Mecha74.

The reason I am posting as anonymous is because the email that notified me of your review didn't include a reply link so I'm doing it like this.

Thank you cletus for a very detailed and honest review. I really wish I could take the credit for all of this but WAA was the product of several different writers, all with their own unique style and approach.

Good to know that our story helped you to see Megalon in an entirely new light and we are very glad you enjoyed what we did with the character. As to Gudis, why use him you ask? For the same reason that we gave the monsters dialogue, trying something different. Gudis was always my favorite Ultraman foe and since WAA was crossing over into various kaiju studios I just couldn't help myself. Besides God knows kaiju like King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, Mothra and countless others get plenty of exposure in countless fan fics and in the films as well so the chance to introduce a new big bad seemed proper. No he isn't a Godzilla villain, true, but then again we used a ton of kaiju from various studios besides just Toho anyway so it didn't seem like a big deal to me. I'm not concerned with fans not knowing who he is. As long as they enjoy the character within the context of the book itself I am happy. We created allot of brand new original characters for this story as it is that were never even in any films or Tv shows. Just beacuse no one knows who they are doesn't detract from their presense in the book or make them any less enjoyable to read does it?

Thanks for the kind words regarding the alternate ending. I was worried that it seemed too 'dues ex machina' and sudden in regards to the way I took out Gudis and saved the Earth. The alternate ending I wrote by myself whereas the original ending was conceived by several writers, so I was concerned that it would be inferior by comparrison. I am truly happy you felt otherwise.

In the end we really wrote this story for ourselves, considering that we made allot of choices for the book that may not be popular with fans, but we feel that the finished product is better as a result of those choices. I'm glad though that your issues with Gudis didn't prevent you from enjoying the tale. Hopefully other fans will be as accepting and understanding as you as well.

Sequels? Possibly. Right now I am focusing on a huge crossover story, but who knows what the future holds?

Again thank you for reading our story, it took us years to get this thing finished and it's good that it is finally being seen, read and appreciated.

Take care.
8/31/2010 c21 cletus
Personally it didn't bother me that it was so long. In fact, I liked that aspect as too many promising fanfics seem to end to soon. As for the story and writing style itself, i just couldnt stop reading. The fight scenes were great, the kaiju dialog didnt bother me as they could only speak to eachother and not the humans. You turned Megalon who i had previously viewed as a joke character into an awsome hero, and Ghidorah was as evil as ever. My only real gripe was having Gudis take center stage as the main villian. I mean, not only does hardly anyone know who he is, but he isnt even a Godzilla villian? Why used him when KIng Ghidorah would have just as easily filled in that slot (maybe in his keizer form?)? Other than that, it was great and i hope you write a sequel (based off of the alternate ending which I liked much better.)
8/29/2010 c21 16Mecha74
Glad you enjoyed the story tobymax. The most mention that Hedorah gets in the story was the fact that we tied his origin in with the Space Nebula Hunter M homeworld(from Godzilla vs. Gigan)which was also pollution ridden, only far worse than Earth. Other than that his appearance continuity-wise remains the same as it did in the original film that he appeared in.

Why didn't we use him as a main monster in the story? Good question really. No real reason that I could think of. Other than the fact that most of the kaiju in our story are either Earth defenders or alien controlled, and Hedorah doesn't really fit into either category. There's actually still a rather large list of kaiju that we didn't use that were meant to go into a sequel that was never written, no doubt Hedorah probably would've been one of them. That's why I wrote an alternate ending, because plans for a second book eventually fell apart.

And as to the talking monsters. Yeah, knew beforehand that wouldn't go over to well with allot of fans. But we wanted to try something different. Not just the standard monsters show up and trash a city/fight each other routine that we always get. Granted the purists I am sure will have their say on that and be rather blunt in doing so.

We hoped that fans would give it a chance since we tried to make them into serious characters with persnalities all their own and play it comepletely strait and not for laughs as other films had done.

Just wanted to take time to thank you for reading this massive thing. I was worried that readers would be scared away by the sheer size of the book. I think this is the largest kaiju fic ever posted on ff.net. Unfortunetly when it comes to fan fiction I have learned that bigger isn't always better. Readers seem to prefer short stories to things like this.

Thank you again for contributing your time to reading our epic.
16 Page 1 2 Next »