for New Dai Li

6/18/2020 c2 22Liooness
I knownit would be hard and sad, but I'd like to see the slave market capture in a whole story. I may write it myself if I ever get time if you're ok with that
9/14/2016 c1 8BakenandEggs
This is gorgeous! Thank you
1/3/2013 c1 80scorchedtrees
This is a really interesting idea! I like it :)
11/30/2012 c1 23CrazyAce'n'PokerFace
loved this madly. :)
11/22/2012 c2 9PrincessWraven
Oh. There's no story. Oh well, I really liked the first chapter. Nice work! :D
11/22/2012 c1 PrincessWraven
I like all of them. Drabbles make the story short and easy to read! The idea of Toph being the head of the Dai Li makes so much sense. I can't believe I haven't thought of it before! I really enjoyed this, and I'm going to read the next chapter now ;)
6/6/2012 c1 Code Aster
I really loved this.

Toph's character is so enthusiastic for the opportunity to prove herself and you gave her a very nice, realistic transition from that initial enthusiasm (and youthful inexperience with the harder moments of law enforcement) to long term, competent handling of the position.

You kept her in character so that I could see the qualities of the child she was in the series as they transitioned and tempered her into the qualities needed in the leader of the Dai Li she became.

I also liked the last paragraph where you gave us a glimpse of the child she still is in her reaction to obtaining parental approval.

Also, her relationship with Longshot was perfect. I've met a number of people who have a person they work with for years who does not necessarily become a romantic interest (Longshot is dating Smellerbee), but in many ways becomes as close as a sibling or spouse.

I really dislike it when people look at that sort of relationship and assume there has to be romantic involvement or that the characters must break off other relationships in order to achieve that kind of bond with a work partner.

You didn't do that. You showed the effect of having that kind of trust being built over time and experience, addressed the issue of the potential for romantic involvement (you even showed an outsider asking about it and Toph's wondering if she or Smellerbee is prettier- kinda reflects competition), and didn't cheapen the story by making the entire experience lack any sort of consequence for the characters ("… Toph, are you okay? You look… tired. Sort-of… older").

I was really impressed at how well all the themes and elements tied together and how well you handled the characters. I can't wait to see what else you write.
3/23/2012 c2 BlueLion
so does that mean "New Dai Li" is closed (complete) permanently?
3/22/2012 c1 Totem Prime
Cold you flesh out the last one please? Her parents reactions is something I would like to see/read
3/22/2012 c1 6ShoeNinja
I liked these a lot-I really can't get enough of THE BOULDER! More of his antics would be hilarious (*hint*). With the recent announcement that Korra will be airing on the 14th I've found myself with a renewed curiosity about major elements in that series...your drabbles have helped to fill that void regarding the New Dai Li and what Toph got up to after the original show ended. At least for a little while!
3/22/2012 c1 juemengci
These were great. To be able to tell so much in 100 words is a great talent to have, and I'm so glad I read this. I'm looking forward to more if that's your intention.

I'm wondering if there was any Dark Knight references in this. When Toph said she went gift shopping and her agents came in bearing criminals, it was just so Batman-esque that I had to ponder about it.
3/19/2012 c1 164Vaneria Potter
I'd like to see an expansion of when Toph goes to Gaoling to train soe New Dai Li. And sees her parents again.

Hey, I'm a sucker for reunion fics.
12/30/2011 c1 5artloife
So wonderful! You are amazing! :D
12/14/2011 c1 chabitso.0
i would love for this to be continued!

i makes for and interesting story.=]
10/16/2011 c1 12Mirajane Scarlet
Are you still going to be doing a full fledged New Dai Li story? I'd really like it if you did! I'd like something with lots of Toph and Longshot.
30 Page 1 2 Next »