for New Dai Li

9/4/2011 c1 Hell Changer
Really good one-shot. Are you going to do a one-shot of Toph training Gaolings earthbenders? I would love that.
8/14/2011 c1 1HumbleOpinion1
I really enjoyed this story, and although it is at a fine ending now, I wouldn't object to more. I can actually see Toph taking on something like this. Good story and well written.
6/10/2011 c1 4definatleynotafelineorcephalod
This story... there are no words. Your Toph is simple supreme. Seriously. It's amazing that you can fit so much character development into a series of inter-related drabbles. You can really see the subtle changes in Toph's personality, how she's matured but has ultimately stayed the same in terms of personality.

And that isn't even mentioning the ninety-nine year old spirits. Fans. Go figure.
6/1/2011 c1 20Amy Raine
I don't think I've read a Toph/Longshot before...granted it's one sided, but still.

I want Toph to have a nice boyfriend. Or girlfriend. I'm not terribly picky. But not too nice, because Toph deserves better than a pansy.

Come to think of it, Longshot fits, doesn't he? :)
5/1/2011 c1 grandiose6
I love this! seems to have a lot of embers influence, which is cool because I love that story. I love Toph and Iroh, and while I'm glad this was more Toph independently developing, forming other relationships, not using Iroh as a crutch or father-surrogate, I wish there was more Iroh, especially the uncovering-plots bit. I also like that her parents have been coming to terms with who their daughter is offscreen while she's been busy with important work, and that she has to acknowledge that being blind means she needs a partner for some things.

One quibble of mine is other people picking up sensing vibrations relatively quickly/at all. I feel like if someone goes blind (or is born blind) then there could be a reorganization of input-processing (neurally or using their chi or whatever) that wouldn't necessarily happen for others, so metal-bending might be more realistic (sensing earth in metal is not as much of a stretch for me for some reason). I really like the definition of protection of cultural heritage for the new dai li, and that Iroh came up with the idea.
4/12/2011 c1 69Loopy777
If you're still taking votes, I'm dying to know how The Boulder did in his early days on the job. That was a fantastically inspired element amidst lots of Toph goodness. Interesting dynamic you included between Toph and Longshot. He's good at being a friend to girls who look like boys. ;)
3/22/2011 c1 3Lily of the Valli
This is great!I love Toph as new head of Dai Li and Longshot as her second-in command. Their relationship seem so natural. Toph is the best person to fix things here, as few nobles just saw (and unfortunately cabbage man too).

But the story of monster in sealed chamber is intrigating. I'd love to see some more of this story.
1/2/2011 c1 131TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba
Very nice. I've been trying to figure out what to have Toph do in this fic I'm kicking around. Toph, Head of the Dai Li. Very nice.
11/24/2010 c1 16BG-13
I like this idea...and the story. Well done.
11/3/2010 c1 32CalliopeMused
This is wonderful! I've heard the idea several times, but this goes above and beyond the idea of Toph going and fixing the Dai Li from the ground on down. The interactions with Longshot were very promising for something that might happen later. Great story
9/3/2010 c1 4Ladyofthebookworms
Anything with Toph is going to be awesome, but THIS! This is EPIC. I cannot pick a favorite...
8/3/2010 c1 15Drowning in Ice
This was neat, all the post-series romance gets tiring after a while and it's nice to read about the characters doing something other than making out after the series ends. That, and I'm a sucker for anything Toph-centric.
8/1/2010 c1 25Storyseeker
Excellent! I always thought Toph would be the best one to help straightn the city out.

Great to see you back, Kim!
8/1/2010 c1 Pirate Ninjas of the Abyss
I liked it, people always down play the Dai Li and make them out to be villians. I always loved the Dai Li in the show and respected them the most, I am thankful that you show and give them the respect, that they have earned.
8/1/2010 c1 14CSHayden
heh... I don't know when I've enjoyed a Toph story more. Very believable and in character. You should try for the Tokka challenge this week: the themes are Alone, Touch, Moonlight, Boomeraang, Invisible, and Sympathy.
30 « Prev Page 1 2