for Touch of Fire

1/3/2017 c1 MattKennedy
Very interesting. :)
3/1/2012 c1 1777angeloflove
hmm...intresting...this section needs more stories
1/27/2012 c1 30YoukaiNemisis
Well. Very, very nice - deftly handled, and I never felt the Japanese was an imposition on the English. Thank you for this lovely fic. =D
11/9/2010 c1 10Anon A. Mauze
Why, why, WHY can't most people consider the merits of a story without comparing them to other similar stories? Frankly, while I did notice the similarities, I was more intrigued by the differences. I actually liked this, even as a stand-alone one-shot. There's just enough detail to paint a vague picture of what's going on the in the background, plot-wise and politics-wise, but the more important part of this fic was the relationship-building, which is squee-worthy. I have always favored the Sanzo/Hakkai pairing of Saiyuki. This was an incredible piece of work. You have somehow managed to insert drama, romance, politics, supernatural, scifi, humor, and psychology into one setting. Fabulous!

Speaking of humor: "English was about as pure as a burlesque actress in the midst of a bunch of horrified Shakers " I LOVED this line!
10/10/2010 c1 24Zuzanny
is there going to be more of this?
8/20/2010 c1 48Mystikwriter
I love you for writing this.

Was it my imagination, or did your description of the youkai in this story match the ones from Project Tatterdemalion and Project Asclepius?

Are they connected somehow? I wouldn't be surprised since you would manage to pull that off.
8/20/2010 c1 silverkitsune9
Vathara, I Iove all your stories especially the creature stories. This was a very good take on what might happen if humans were forced to share a new world. Sanzo is a fiery personality. Would love to see more of this, or your Saiyuki, Kenshin (Night Life especially) stories.
8/18/2010 c1 67TrisakAminawn
Well. I think I can best classify that as odd. Of course, my Saiyuki-shipping roommate has never gone in for whatever pair of numbers this is, it's an AU, and I'm familiar with your predilections for giving people pyrokinesis and for slashy Stargate AUs, and some of the writing traditions you're drawing from here, so it seems to flow naturally and yet jerkily from my known world. Odd experience all round. Sanzo would be a funny teacher, though.

Also confusing whether they were already a couple or not.
8/10/2010 c1 umino-gaara
I liked. It felt like being thrown into chaos without the rules. Interesting experience if I do say so myself. I wouldn't mind reading more in this AU.
8/6/2010 c1 9Shivera
I never considered this crossover, but you write it very well.
8/5/2010 c1 ShadowsofNyx
This is so good! Are you sure it's only a one-shot. Could there be a sequel? The way it twists into my mind. Awesomeness! Like the surprise of Sanzo's virginity. Can't wait for more of your work!

Love you
8/3/2010 c1 2YMFaery
...

You seem to have a tentacle obsession at the moment. I'm not sure if I should be worried or amused. XD XD XD (Of course, it'd be really hilarious if you found some way to insert some kind of tentacles in Embers-assuming the water thing Katara did doesn't count, anyway. XDDDDDDD)

A rather intriguing little piece. Are you planning to post more of it later? It would be nice to know, for example, if you made Gojyo a water-worker and Goku an earth-worker, among other things. And if Kougaiji & Co. are running around somewhere. And who else from SG-1 is around besides Dr. Frasier (and Colonel "Sucks on a" Lemon), and whether or not they can contact/travel between the other sites.

Minor nitpick: I'm not sure the switching between Togengo and Togenkyo is deliberate. I'm guessing right now that Togengo refers to the language, and Togenkyo refers to the planet/current location, but that's after letting the story simmer at the back of the brain for a while. It was a little distracting when I first read the story.

Sanzo as a military historian? Very interesting. And should I assume that his "Change" was similar to the transformations the Bleach characters underwent in your scifi AU, cocoon and all?

More of this world would be rather fun. You pack enough details to paint a vague picture of the world and characters, but more would be lovely. :D
8/2/2010 c1 Vehrec
Oh my, another Vathara story. Is it... why yes, yes it is. It's exactly the same story you've written about a dozen times by now.

We know you love tentacle-cat people who are in touch with their animal side and telepathic, yes we get it. You'll do anything to a canon to get these features shoehorned in. Can you do something else for a change? I count SEVEN stories in your first 20 that have something like this out of the one's I've read. It's frankly getting old for me. You're in a rut here, and I think it would do you some good to get out of it.

I mean, if you want to write a straight up story about nonhuman politics...why not just run with it? Creatures that live 20,000 years or more, what kind of incredibly static society must they have? Or ones that are hardwired for treachery on a level that would make Machiavelli blanch? It's great story fodder... but no, you'd rather write about pack bonding and the like for the umpteenth time.

TL:DR version. I felt like I had read this exact story before. And that made me sad.
8/1/2010 c1 16Niana Kuonji
More of this universe. WANT.
8/1/2010 c1 85Asuka Kureru
I was happy to see telepathic-tentacled-people again, missed them after Tatterdermalion and Asclepius. This was a nice, sensual scene. I admit seeing "I just want to see the sun rise in the east for once." brought me to a halt, because "east" is by definition the direction the sun rises from, and if the earth turned the other way it would just mean north and south would switch names. XD; But then Sanzo had to be usual his emotionally damaged self, which was quite distracting as it pinged my cuddle instincts. Also loved all the tidbits about the world and the political/refugees situation, kinda makes me wish for a longer fic exploring that, but maybe it would land close to stuff you've already done before, I don't know. Then again I like the themes you explore, so seeing more variations on those would be neat.
18 Page 1 2 Next »