for Cities of the Future

9/17/2015 c1 22apiegohome
So Roxas was just naturally beautiful? Of course! More so on the inside. The future is now, right? Everyone is so narcissistic - its encouraged and a total social norm now. When I was a kid, people laughed at you if you took photos of yourself! Anyway - thanks for this (:
6/4/2012 c1 2Grellexiting
I love the way this story is written, such a unique style! :)
6/24/2011 c1 pianocow
I loved how you defined the lines between beauty and ugliness, then started to unfocus them until all the straight lines were curved blurs. The story itself is magnificently executed and the writing is lovely.
11/30/2010 c1 2meowfactory
Reading your work is like... you know when you're in a bookshop and all you can find is trashy teen-fiction, and then somehow you stumble on, like, I don't know, I guess it differs for everybody... Anyway, you stumble on a literature title that's accidentally been put in the wrong place and you pick it up and open it and you remember what books used to be like before just about anything started getting published.

I mean I still love trashy teen fiction, forever and ever, but oh my god you are like a genius.
10/5/2010 c1 3mrsgrumpygills
I swear your writing is perfect. You have a way of bringing out so many emotions through your words even in a short story like this one.
9/12/2010 c1 squigglything
Wow. Another awesome story of yours XD It was really really good :D Thank you! It was great :D
9/11/2010 c1 6RevengeLovesCompany
'Why aren't you picking the ugly ones?'

'beautiful people have easier lives because they're beautiful.'

I love this because you breached a subject which involves people. It's a sensitive subject to, many people can probably understand how Axel or Roxas feel in this. Since without realising it we have seemed to put more value in appearance then we should and this is the cause for so many problems in today's world and so many deaths. Anyway this has little to do with how good your story actually was it's brilliant and you have a unique writing ability that I'm envious of but enjoy to read to much to care. I decided to read this after reading the end of A Lesser Bueaty and I'm glad I did, I look forward to reading the other things you have wrote.
8/25/2010 c1 5Superkawaiifreak
I’m at a total loss of words. I can’t even fathom a review that will compensate for this piece of writing, I’m just speechless. I can’t express to you how much this story made me think, and how revolutionized people’s writing has become. It’s incredibly reassuring to know that there are still authors that can write as flawlessly as you, because most writers on this site/in life lack the skills that you have. Like you, I like to write with intricate style and impressive diction, but, seriously, Cities makes my writing look like chicken scratch. The summary was what first got me hooked; your stylistic writing and great wording made my mind reel… From the first paragraph, brilliantly written and thought out, to the ending word, I felt like I could walk around in this world, more specifically in the character’s minds. You’ve completely mastered writing in present tense, which is difficult to do, and I really admire that. I loved that you never repeated a phrase, a word, or sentence, and how your perspective was written with such charm. True, this was in third person, but I felt like I was in Axel’s/Roxas’s minds. There were so many sentences that left me thinking, ‘Oh my goodness. How does someone even think of a reference as incredible as that, and at the same time, word it so beautifully?’ The distinct allusions, like how celebrities are obsessed with beauty, and that beauty in general rules many people’s lives, really opened a new outlook in life for me. Actually, I read the first half of this story a when it came out, and I thought the idea that ‘beautiful people live easier’ was astounding! So much so, that I wrote about that subject for a school essay recently; I got a high A with many positive comments from my teacher… That just goes to show how eye-opening this was. Now to the story; I loved how you showed Roxas as a plastic, superficial person. The romance between him and Axel is just amazing, because of how differently they viewed life. I don’t feel like crying, but I feel like there’s a void in my chest, a definite change… I’m about to start reading, ‘A Lesser Beauty,’ and from seeing this story, I’m really looking forward to start ALB. Basically, darling, you’re the best of the best, in my category for top three styles that I’ve ever read. Continue writing throughout your life, you’ll probably be able to make a career out of it - it’s obvious to me that this is your niche, and that this gorgeous piece of writing reflects you as a person. Stay gold.
8/18/2010 c1 7ere-melo
oh, my heart. you are such a brilliant writer.

I can't tell you how many times I started just bawling.

this is beautiful. I'm lost for words. excellent work.
8/17/2010 c1 3Yarouka
I know I'm totally late and AkuRoku day was ages ago, but anyways. Wow. This was a magnificent piece. The writing was beautiful, as usual, but there was a certain charm in this that was different from some of your other work. It's hard to explain. But it was wonderful! The plot was really something else, in a good way. Of all the potential ways this world's inhabitants can turn out in the future, I see that as a pretty interesting and original one.

Roxas' denial and his obvious love for Axel was really cute!

Great job!

-Savvy
8/15/2010 c1 32owlpostagain
this is beautiful in all senses and definitions of the word. have you ever read uglies, pretties, and specials by scott westerfield?
8/15/2010 c1 7NormaJean Beausoleil
amazing story. great job. i really like all the attention to detail you give the setting. it's worthwhile expository, and seeing that is a rarity indeed.

*tosses you banana nut muffins* thanks for sharing!
8/13/2010 c1 ezzkri
You are so amazing. I never thought it was possible to fall in love with a story. Maybe it still isn't possible and I will never know, because this isn't a story, it's a piece of heart and soul and art. People like you are the reason I wake up in the morning. Forgive me if I sound like a rambling mess from this point on, but just wow. Wowowowow, this made me feel things that I'm still figuring out. I'm crying but I don't even know why.

Ahhh, what am I doing. Your writing is pure emotion, like I can just reach out and touch every scene, every word. You are a gorgeous writer, and from your writing I can tell that inside you are a gorgeous person. Thank you for this.
8/13/2010 c1 12Light Within Darkness
GUH.

You, my dear, prove that fanfiction can be used as an art form. What you have here is art, and I refuse to hear anyone say otherwise.

I don't even know if I have words for this. You just hit home on so many places here-the plastic surgery, the cutting, the feelings of desire between people that inspire them to change, both for the better and for the worse. You wove all that together into this truly beautiful, coherent piece, and it flows masterfully. It has a perfect length, not too long and not too short, and kept my attention from beginning to end.

I've said a fic is "beautiful" before, but this was BEAUTIFUL. It puts all those other Fics I said were beautiful to shame.

(I'll admit, I'm a bit jealous. I wish I could write something as lovely as this.)

YOU NEED TO GO WRITE A BOOK LYK NAO PLZ.

And thanks for this. Best thing I've read all week!
8/13/2010 c1 2woodbox
this was beyond lovely. your writing always seems to be a way to understanding. maybe this-the beauty you feel from being desired-is why it's possible to keep loving, to keep falling in love and allowing yourself hope even when you tell yourself not to. what am I saying, this was awesome. HAPPY AKUROKU DAY BB. 333
18 Page 1 2 Next »