for Maiden Voyage

1/7/2014 c3 Umeko
James and Mare will definitely kill Jack if anthing untoward should befall their little girl, and it seems Jack has his work cut out for him.
9/5/2010 c11 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
It's a beauty of a trip she had, the only thing wrong t'was her and not me the last night adventure. Love the family dynamics, how protective James and Mare are even though it is not overtly expressed. Love the same protectiveness in Jack Sparrow's treatment.

I'm wondering if I can wrap my head around the story's probable future, the child I take it is to become his bride? Perfect resoulution on one level, to fall in love with one you have known your whole life...enough. Worry is a perfectly useless waste of imagination according to my teachers, so worry about the future robs that bank twice. I trust your wonderful skills, you've been fair and fine in what you've writ. Thank you for the story of the beloveds as they grow.

- pearlseed
9/5/2010 c11 11sm.bean
My goodness, Ms. Jennifer, you must have some hyper-active story writing fingers on you as of late! I've had a hard time keeping up with these wonderful updates.

I'm going to cheat a little and write one review for the most recent additions.

This story has been a fun read. Some of my favorite scenes:

1. Jack and Lysee riding the Camargue horses bareback and then skinny dipping in the pond under the moonlight.

2. "So we won't be making the entrance we intended. It'll still be memorable."

"It certainly will. That's what chafes!"

This was an absolute brilliant way to begin this chapter. The tone was set instantly.

3. And, like you always do, Jack and James has excellent dialogue.

'James replied in his most gratingly superior Commodorial tone. "No, Jack, we had a premonition. It seemed most improbable you would make it all the way back without at least one major misadventure."

"I've a notion ta swim ashore," Sparrow huffed.'

4. 'Jack's fond gaze may've hinted at what else he hoped she'd become. Just outside his line of sight, Norrington gave him a very searching look.

After some seconds, the recipient felt it. "Is anythin' wrong, Commodore?"'

OH! OH! My mind is wondering, what is James thinking this second? hmm... You've given yourself so many new avenues to take this AU.

Wonderful, wonderful.

Another gem.

-bean.
9/5/2010 c1 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
What a treat you have given everyone with the Maiden Voyage stories, they're wonderful. Wouldn't we all love to have an uncle like Jack. I have just read your updated profile, and I cannot understand why you have not been offered a publishing deal. Your stories are amazing, I forget what I am supposed to be doing and become totally engrossed in the unfolding tale. I love all of the detail and the characterization. When it does happen, (you just have to write the book, those publishers can't be that stupid not to publish your writing) and it will, please let me know, I'll be first in the queue at the bookstore.

- fizben08
9/4/2010 c11 112geekmama
What a sweet ending. I do love James in commodore/fatherly mode, and Jack's slight wariness of same. Great story! I enjoyed it so much. Many thanks!
9/4/2010 c10 18Harm Marie
I liked the fact that the boat sank. ^_- Looking forward to the next chapter.
9/3/2010 c10 112geekmama
Poor Jack! But what a picture, the two of them sitting on that rock, making music - I loved the songs!
9/3/2010 c9 geekmama
Jack's such a sweet, clever man. *sighs*
9/3/2010 c9 18Harm Marie
Loved this chapter and the previous one.
9/3/2010 c8 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
So far you have writ the most wonderful of the unique and tasty things I've had privilege to do in this world and my lifetime. Pretty doggone amazing- and Midsummer is my veriest happiest day of birth. Stands to reason there would be water in the light of the moon and wild freedom in racing critters. Pretty dad blame fine little tale. I take it Jack's in part saying goodbye to his dutch uncle designation with Lysander. More later.

- pearlseed
9/3/2010 c8 112geekmama
What a lovely adventure! I shall go off to work with a smile on my face now. Many thanks!
9/2/2010 c8 51orpsgod
The last three chapters were wonderful. Just the right amount of detail mixed in. I am anxiously awaiting more. :)
9/1/2010 c7 112geekmama
Another lovely chapter, full of atmosphere. I like the reference to the song, too.
9/1/2010 c6 geekmama
Got distracted googling Rodin works, always lovely to learn new things. Lovely stuff, this. Lysee's evening of wine sampling was très amusant!
9/1/2010 c7 18Harm Marie