for Before the Warrior

7/3/2012 c12 Demon Llama Nerd
Aww...this was great.
11/17/2011 c12 27Ghost Peacock
Star I know you wanted more reviews for this story, and trust me it's deserving. But for you to hate it as much as you say is sad because...really and truly...this made me really emotional.

It was fan fiction like this that made me not only remember why I loved the canon punks so much but why they matter so much to me.

I loved this story so much. 7's interaction felt so real. How I wish this kind of dialogue was in the final cut of 9. I would have been on the verge of tears had it been. The way these characers play off one another really makes me feel like they were a family. Thus making the feelings 7 has all that more upsetting.

The only, and only things I would have to complain about are a bit of drag and, yes, 1's character being just a bit to cruel for my liking. Even then he manages to be one of the best characters EVAH!

Really and truly this story is so wonderful, tragic, and heartfelt. I loved it! =)
11/17/2011 c7 Ghost Peacock
Oh...thrilling. Franki likes!
11/17/2011 c6 Ghost Peacock
WHY U SO GOOD AT FLASHBACKS BUT I SUCK?

XD, just kidding.
11/17/2011 c5 Ghost Peacock
Baaaaaaaaaaawww! 5 and 1's diolgue brought a tear to my eye here.

Great touch with the quotes BTW.
11/17/2011 c4 Ghost Peacock
Oh my...that was so *sniff* sad at the end. I was honestly very moved by the way 2 and 7 departed ;3;
11/17/2011 c3 Ghost Peacock
I love how adorablly evil 1 is in this story! It really fills my heart with glee ^^
11/17/2011 c1 Ghost Peacock
LMAO 7's getting her ass handed to her. Gotta love how even after everything that happens to her here and in the film she'll still always be our Chuck Norris.
7/22/2011 c11 Meta
It's really unfortunate that you haven't gotten too many reviews; this deserves so many more!

It's kind of sad there's only one more chapter, but I'm sure it'll be epic.

This chapter, however, /was/ epic. I love fics where there's a lot of fighting, and shows the improvement of the character; which you've done very well here, and throughout the whole thing.

You've got 7's personality down perfectly, and I couldn't help but chuckle lightly at her small fit of frustration. I'd love to go through the chapters and review each one, but I'm not a good reviewer, so I probably shouldn't.. xD

Either way, my point; this was an awesome chapter just like the rest, and I can't wait to see how you wrap it all up.
6/30/2011 c9 6redwhistle
Yay, you're updating this again! :D

I like how 7 is continuing to develop as a fighter in these last few chapters - how she first escapes the beast by playing dead, then goes back to confront it, and finally taps into instincts and abilities she wasn't even aware of. Can't wait to see how that last aspect plays out.

Chapter 8 was especially good. I loved her conversation with the Scientist, and his line, "Avoid the blood red eyes, number Seven." Maybe because he seems so resigned, because all he can do is give her this essential piece of information and hope she survives when he sends her out into the world. Another thing I thought was cool was that 7 uses her spear as an excuse to go back to the factory. Of course she could just make another weapon if she wanted to, but the fighter inside her wants that rematch. :D

And hooray for the twins! I'm liking them in this. It's nice to see them being protective of 7 and using their knowledge of the beast to help her fight. It'll be interesting to see what else they've discovered!

Nice work! I hope you continue writing!
6/11/2011 c8 1igbogal
Seven's reunion with the twins was heartwarming - those little librarian/surgeons are so cute. Now that our plucky heroine is about to tangle with the beast, I hope she'll stay out of its animatronic belly! ;) Whatever happens, there are surely some super-exciting action scenes ahead.
6/3/2011 c7 igbogal
Wow...poor little Seven! If she were human she would probably have passed out from blood loss, but the little soul is probably just exhausted. Now she just has to get out of the open before any other horror wrought by man tracks her down...I look forward to the next part of her saga!
5/28/2011 c7 LILFOC
this is great i cant wait for the reunion between her and the twins
3/20/2011 c6 igbogal
There must be a lot of shy readers out there, because this gripping tale deserves about ten times more reviews than it has. First, you managed to combine one of the most imaginative animated films ever made with the lyrics from musicals, which was great. Then you made things even better, striking a balance between detailed action scenes and dialogue exploring the complicated relationships of our loveable rag doll heroes. Even if we never discover the fate of the intrepid Seven (but I dearly hope we do), this sample of your writing style makes me look forward to your upcoming novel.
1/30/2011 c6 6redwhistle
I'm really enjoying this so far! Very interesting take on what 7 might have been like in her early days; that she might not have been born with those fighting skills and that reckless confidence. She's still very courageous, though, leaving her home and heading out into the wilderness despite her fears. I'm curious to see how it will all unfold, and to watch her change and grow, both as a person and a fighter.

Good job with the other characters, too, especially 1. Manipulating the others like that, and at the same time believe it's for the greater good! That's just what he would do.

2 is such a dear, and that was such a nice moment with him before 7 left the Sanctuary. I also really liked the flashback in the latest chapter, where 7 meets 5 and the twins, and how protective she feels of them right from the beginning.

7 is my favorite character, and I love seeing stories that focus on her. So I hope you keep up with this, however long it may take. :D
19 Page 1 2 Next »