for Courage To Words

7/15 c1 3Mitsukicross
I'm sorry I had to stop after the rape scene. rape should NEVER be used as a plot point. I dont know why writers feel the need to torture their characters. you already had a traumatized CHILD. yes 14 is a child. the rape just made it inexcusable. you should have made the story about how she overcame her original trauma with the support and love of those around her. instead you had her constantly back where she started. I mean seriously the Hogwarts staff should have had the cupboard and shed thing resolved at the latest the end of second year. in the first book they moved harry from the cupboard because they FEARED what wizards would do to them if they found out. then to add on the abuse you had her raped. I am disgusted enough to leave this review and I rarely do. I hope your stories get better but I wont be reading them
11/12/2019 c34 Guest
i really like Eliza and was horrified to learn that she was raped
11/12/2019 c7 Guest
what Luna said to Malfoy was super funny
11/12/2019 c6 Guest
i laughed so hard when shouted at Ron about nearly dropping the gravy on Ginny's head!
8/10/2018 c50 Kushka
Great story
8/5/2018 c34 4BerserkLittleCook
"She will get quieter again as she comes to terms with what happened"? Are you kidding me?! Getting quieter is not coming to terms with anything! She has been quiet the whole time just because she cannot come to terms with things! The fact that she finally gave in to her need to express her outrage at what you've made her life into, doesn't mean that she should stop talking again when she gets over it! In fact, I don't think she would ever get over it! THAT'S WHY SHE WOULD GET QUIETER AGAIN, NOT BECAUSE SHE COMES TO TERMS WITH IT! Get your psychologics straight.
8/3/2018 c1 BerserkLittleCook
I want to nitpick at the AN actually. It's fair to say that her talking to herself doesn't count, but to say she'll talk in the fourth year is a spoiler. You already indicated that she wants to and how determined she is to (as she is practising) but that promise at the end is unnecessary. Keep in mind that you already promise to do stuff by creating expectations through your plot. We all want her to talk and we feel entitled to get what we want. That's how I feel readers work. Cheers!
6/23/2017 c33 9Winterherox2Summervillan
Oh poor Eliza
6/23/2017 c32 Winterherox2Summervillan
Poor Eliza. I cried pretty much every chapter in Journey to Words and I just started to think she was catching a break here, but I think I cried harder reading these last few chapters. I repeat. Poor Eliza.
6/20/2017 c46 knobloch2618
I love this series. You do a wonderful job with character and relationship development, especially with Eliza and McGonagall (who has always been a personal favorite character). It's nice reading a story where McGonagall plays a bigger role.
Eliza vomits rather more often than I would like, but it's your story. Quick note though: you have Snape and Dumbledore apparating between Grimmauld place and Hogwarts but the books mention several times that you can't apparate in the school. The only exception was when they lifted the protective charms in the great hall in book 6 for apparating lessons.
Also, you do need to work on editing and you use some words rather frequently. My creative writing professor used to tell us that if you're using the same word repeatedly, then we should try a personal ban on that word or enforce a limit. For example, can only use "really" up to 7 times every two pages (chapter in this case). I use and a lot, myself (it's also pretty fun to browse their articles for fits and giggles.)
Keep up the writing! You have talent so don't let it go to waste! :-)
12/28/2016 c1 Guest
It was all going so well. I was loving it and then suddenly you put the rape scene. I don't know why but it was a sick thing to add and totally out of place. I know Voldemort is evil but he'/ not that kind of evil, I think. It was highly likely that he'd have h tortured with Cruciatus than have his death eaters rape her. It's even more likely that he'd use the imperius to have the twins battle each other. Not sure if it's just me (probably not) this rape scene utterly ruined this story. It's a bad way to treat your character just so you could give a excuse for her to be able yo talk. In fact, she shouldn't even talk at all. Rape is a horrifying and disgustingly disturbing thing. If someone like Eliza experiences such a thing, she wouldn't. She wouldn't suddenly gain the courage to talk. In fact, it should be the opposite. Anyway, it's your story. The prequel was very good! Loved it. I'm just sorry that I need to stop by the end of the GOF arc. I love the Fred/Eliza thing.
5/30/2016 c50 9Prince Pondincherry
Wow, that is a cruel place to end a story! BAM! She's not at Hogwarts anymore!
5/30/2016 c43 Prince Pondincherry
There's something sort of awesome about how Mrs. Weasley got through to her by yelling.
5/30/2016 c41 Prince Pondincherry
Oh boy, this is the year the Weasley twins were supposed to leave. How's that going to work, I wonder?
5/30/2016 c38 Prince Pondincherry
There's something darkly hilarious about Hermione using that Harry was about to get a million detentions as a way to help Eliza's mental state.
That last line could be bad if Eliza doesn't want to talk about it once the detentions actually start.
731 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »