for Not Defined By a Memory

11/29/2020 c1 28The Alien of Pluto
Wow~ this is so good! Alex exploring his morality and identity is always a treat, but with a focus on Karen, this is so much different than usual! I'm glad he made a good choice and Karen got what she deserved :3
1/19/2019 c1 4Klltsun25
Apparently, yes. It is possible to write a good fic where Karen survives. I'm looking at it now
6/23/2014 c1 4Aronim
Well, I liked it. It can easily be seen as painting the virus in an unnecessarily positive light, but then again, we never even heard a scream, so whether he killed her or not is actually up in the air. You wrote a pretty reasonable story here.
7/23/2011 c1 19lildark7
Great work! Loved it. Read it twice in a row. ^^
2/26/2011 c1 8RunMoogles
To be completely honest, out of all the fics and opinions I've read about Mercer vs Parker, this is the very best. There is such a contrast between Blacklight and Mercer, and you bring it full tilt by exposing her memories to Blacklight, and thus the reader. It's wonderfully twisted how much more human the virus is than the man that assisted in creating it.

Absolutely ingenious. I loved it. Thank you for sharing!
1/8/2011 c1 16Anzer'ke
I'd certainly say you have, It especially works well in highlighting the big difference between Mercer and Blacklight. Namely that Blacklight seems so much more emotional about everything. To have him actually try to forgive her like this was...really good. Well done.

Peace out and Rock on,

Anzer'ke.
11/29/2010 c1 16Naniris
I've been thinking of writing the scene myself, but decided to check out what's been done. Double-edged sword there, since some fic ideas start feel like plagiarism or getting that feeling of 'It's been done better.' On the other hand, it can be inspiring to go another route.

Very nicely written, I like how you've brought up the more salient tidbits about Karen's role in everything that many people seem to forget about.
10/9/2010 c1 Blackmasked Angel
You did good man. Most prototype stories have the virus just trying to BE alex. Its gratifying to see a well writen alternative. I would recomend a full story along this line of thought. It would certanly be of benefit to you and to readers who really liked the gam. Continue writeing. Later.
9/22/2010 c1 4Fairady
I've always felt this scene should have gone on longer in the game, because I got a blackened and vindictive heart that wanted to see some actual vengeance there. However, it's the uncertainty of it that allows fics like this to be written and make me really question that emotion. I like the thought put into this and how the ZEUS compare his reactions to Mercer's. It's a nice bit of development that really separates the two characters.
9/22/2010 c1 1Morality0duality
Pretty.
9/18/2010 c1 13Ferric
Why has no one else said anything yet? I wish that I had written this one, because it more or less lines up perfectly with my thoughts on how the elevator scene played out.

Keep up the good work Dark, you do serious stories just as well as you do humor. Also, to anyone who might be reading this review to decide if the story is worth reading: do not let the summary frighten you off. It will make sense once you read the story and think it over a bit.